The Others

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Lee_eel, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

Could someone tell me what the picture quality is like for the r2 release please. (i don't trust online reviews!)

2. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

...oh my, aren't you the suspicious fellow!...
    ...what if I told you the PQ of the UK R2 DVD release is simply stunning (as is the sound)!... having read that online, you still wouldn't be any the wiser, no?!?...
    . . . [​IMG] . . .

3. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

What i mean Hendrik is that each review seems to vary. Take Shrek for example. One reviewer said some scenes were soft, others said the picture was sharp for the entire movie and some said EE was obtrusive, whilst one reviewer said he could not detect EE. With so many conflicting reviews i prefer to listen to forum members who have watched the dvd the whole way through and actually recognise digital artefacts.

4. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

...of course, some people actually enjoy movies, and their main reason for watching a DVD is to see the movie, not digital artefacts...
    . . . [​IMG] . . .

5. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

Hendrik,

The whole point of DVD is superior picture and sound quality. Of Course my main interest is a movie, but presentation is also very important. What would you rather watch, Gladiator, or the horrific looking (picture wise) Halloween 2, which looks like it was copied from an already poor video source. DVD is more obtrusive than video when it comes to poor transfers and digital artefacts can be annoying. So if picture quality does not concern you maybe you should stick with video!

6. Richard Smith

Richard Smith Stunt Coordinator

7. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

Diesn't the R2 version also have an audio commentary from the director (who's English is not the best, however).

8. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

"The whole point of DVD is superior picture and sound quality..."
    [​IMG]
    "...So if picture quality does not concern you maybe you should stick with video!"
    [​IMG]
    ...whatever...
    . . . [​IMG] . . .

9. Lee_eel

Lee_eel Second Unit

Hendrik,

I am now going to close this discussion because, quite frankly, i can see where it's going. I am not about to get into a flame war on this forum. The only thing i am interested in is finding out useful info and helping out other members when i can. If you are looking for anything more i suggest you use one of the many inferior forums on the internet.