The Others - Subtitle Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Antonio Silva, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Antonio Silva

Antonio Silva Stunt Coordinator

Hi,

Can anyone help me?

I want to buy this dvd but need to know if it has English subtitles or just English Closed Captions?

There seems to be some contraditions regarding this. Some sites refer to English Closed Captions only while others say it has both English subtitles and English Closed Captions.

I can't display Closed Captions, so normal subtitles (selected through the dvd remote) is what i'm looking for.

Can anyone who bought this dvd help me out?

Thanks in advance.

António

Ps - English is not my first language. Although i'm fairly good at it, sometimes subtitles are a great help.

2. Mark_vdH

Mark_vdH Screenwriter

The English subtitles are normally accessible through the DVD menu/remote control, you won't need a closed caption decoder.
    The subtitles are meant for the deaf and hearing impaired though, so you'll also get some 'unnecessary' information, like '[door closes]', for instance.
    The DVD also features Spanish subs BTW.... (I know that's different from Portugese, but maybe it'll help a little) [​IMG]

3. Antonio Silva

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the answer. I'm not sure if i understood your reply correctly. You're saying that "The Others" has English Captions (for the deaf and hearing impaired) and Spanish subtitles, right?

I don't mind all the 'unnecessary' information.

So, the English Captions on "The Others" can be selected through the DVD menu/remote control, right? They aren't Closed Captions?

Thanks again,

António

Ps - Sorry if i'm being annoying, but subtitles are very important to me. I can watch dvds without subtitles, but they are a big help.

4. Mark_vdH

Mark_vdH Screenwriter

5. Antonio Silva

Thanks for your help Mark [​IMG]
    Off to buy the dvd then...
    Regards,
    António