What's new

The other video store in our town I never go to is PRO-OAR!!!! (1 Viewer)

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
There was a festivle on that road that store is from. It's called Needful things. They rent and sell Movies, books, LPs, and other kinds of shit. The lady at the other video store I usually go to told me the guy at Needful Things prefers widescreen. So, I decided to walk into Needful Things and look around at their DVDs. YES, they have the widescreen edition of JP3 and Harry Potter. I talk to the guy and I told him, "Niomi (owner of other video store) tells me you are a fan of widescreen". He goes "OH YEAH!" Then we started talking about DVDs only being in Pan and Scan and stuff. He says he won't carry any Pan and Scan DVD. He's got P&S VHS, but not P&S DVD. I'm gonna have to start going there now. I'll still go to the Niomi's video store. But if they don't have a widescreen version of a movie I want, I'll go to Needful. Another thing with Needful is that you gotta pay 20 bucks. Basically, it's a deposit, so if you don't return the DVD, they keep it. It's 3 dollars for 3 days. So, when you return the DVD, you get 17 dollars back. I might give them 20 dollars when I rent a DVD from there, and let them keep the 17 for other times I rent DVDs.

This guy's pretty cool. I asked him about Speed and he said he was gonna wait until it comes out in DTS. Oh, that's another thing. He's PRO DTS as well. He also has a shit load of classic DVDs. He's got Clasablanca, Tora, Tora, Tora. He's even got older 1.33:1 classics like Casalblanca. OH, I also saw a DVD there of the Beatles (Yellow Submarine). That DVD is in widescreen and, don't remember, DTS, or Dolby 5.1. Probably Dolby. And he's got the full boxed set of Planet of the Apes.

Hey, I'm glad there's a video store in town that's PRO OAR. I'm gonna have to start going there.

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
Oh, COME ON!!! Isn't anybody proud of me noticing a video store in our area that is PRO OAR? I mean, this guy has the "Pan and Scan Lovers can just go F$%k OFF!" additude! THESE are the kind of video stores we WANT! He has 2 DVDs of Harry Potter. Guess what? BOTH are WIDESCREEN! He has the whole set of Jurassic Park. JP3 is in, you guessed it, WIDESCREEN!! Like I said. THESE are the kind of video stores we WANT! PRO OAR!!!! With the "Pan and Scan Lovers can KISS OFF!!!" spirit!!

BTW, he laughed when I told him I like to rearrange the DVDs at Wal Mart and such so the fullscreens are in the back and the widescreens are in the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks