What's new

The Orville - Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Kind of like Galaxy Quest: The Series, but without the meta angle. Not sure I'll stick around, but I enjoyed the trailer enough to give it a shot.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Interesting that it's a Dramedy. How could they make Drama in those cloths and settings? :)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Looks amusing, though highly derivative. I just hope that Victor Garber's role doesn't take him away from Legends of Tomorrow.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Certainly funny enough to bring me on board for a few episodes to sample, but it's going to have a hard time making it against NBC's This Is Us and ABC's Scandal.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It looks absolutely terrible. Not a single original or funny element. "Someone leaned on a button and broadcast the entire private conversation to the whole ship!"

Lame.

Last edited:

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller
Honestly, HBO/Showtime this could be funny... Fox it will be too tame to actually be funny. I might try a show or two but I don't have hopes for its success.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
While this looks like something I would love the clip provides zero interest. As Hanson said, lame. I will tune in for the premiere, however, based on that preview I expect to be disappointed...

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I'm giving it a chance for a few episodes. The trailer seemed to have done a decent job of explaining the basic premise of the show along with the pilot's main storyline without loading it with any significant spoilers.

Heck, I'm giving this new sci-fi show more attention than Star Trek Watchamacallit! :P

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I don't like The Family Guy. So while the trailer looks decent, I may not try it until / unless reviews are in.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
orville-quote.jpg

:thumbsup:

On hiring Jon Favreau, Jonathan Frakes, Robert Duncan McNeil and Brannon Braga to direct episodes:
"Those people are all from an era of sci-fi where it was a little more aspirational, it was a little more positive, it was little more fun, I think. I think we're kind of -- I am Hunger Games out. I think if I see one more dystopian movie about how bad the future's going to be, I'm just going to kill myself. It's just like, enough."

The early word is that this is much more of a dramedy than a comedy, with FOX's advertising really playing up the comedic side and downplaying the dramatic side.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The early word is that this is much more of a dramedy than a comedy, with FOX's advertising really playing up the comedic side and downplaying the dramatic side.
They want to be careful about engaging in any bait-and-switch advertising, or those viewers that show up in week one may not return for week two.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
View attachment 39656
On hiring Jon Favreau, Jonathan Frakes, Robert Duncan McNeil and Brannon Braga to direct episodes:
"Those people are all from an era of sci-fi where it was a little more aspirational, it was a little more positive, it was little more fun, I think. I think we're kind of -- I am Hunger Games out. I think if I see one more dystopian movie about how bad the future's going to be, I'm just going to kill myself. It's just like, enough."

Has Brannon Braga ever directed anything? I respect the other three, and I look forward to this series, but if I see one more Braga story about questioning reality, I'm going to scream. Someone take away the man's LSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks