The Original Screen savers reunite!

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by KyleC, May 16, 2005.

1. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

2. Marc Bax

Marc Bax Second Unit

Cool man, thanks for the heads up. It'll be good to hear em back together. I'm gonna check it out ASAP.

3. Jason Smalley

Jason Smalley Stunt Coordinator

I hate to be a know-it-all, but the original ScreenSavers were Leo Laporte and Kate Botello. Mr. Norton took over when Kate skedaddled over to the videgame show on ZDtv back then before leaving the network for good.

That was back when TechTV was actually watchable.

It is great to have the podcast though...

[​IMG]

4. Marc Bax

Marc Bax Second Unit

You are correct sir. My favorite line-up was Leo, Pat and Martin though. So looking forward to checking this out.

5. Todd_B

Todd_B Second Unit

MMmmmmmm....Kate

:b

Thanks for the heads up!

Todd B

6. Jason Smalley

Jason Smalley Stunt Coordinator

I agree entirely. Leo was always great (in fact the disrespect paid to him is a major reason I refuse to watch G4TechTv), and I was indifferent to Kate when she was on because that was the only show I knew. Mr. Norton (kilts and all) added an interesting counterpoint to the quasi-curmudgeny Leo leading to some interesting takes on various aspects of the tech world.

Martin was funny at times and humor is always welcome.

The current regime is, well, not compelling to me. Sad.

7. David_Jr

David_Jr Supporting Actor

Dave
    I haven't watched since a couple shows after Patrick left.

8. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

Tech TV used to be a favorite of mine and it seemed like it was on a lot. I have watched maybe two shows on G4 and that channel basically no longer exists to me. The target demographics were so different between Tech and G4, even though the subject was similar.

9. Jeffrey_Scotts

Jeffrey_Scotts Stunt Coordinator

G4 certainly, sorry to say, sucks for lack of a more professional word. It in no way even resembles what Leo, Kate and to some extent Patrick started. There's no longer any basic computer help for the novices or older folk out there and instead they ruined the entire network. I can not stand to watch ANYTHING on G4 as it's geared to the 5-15 age crowd. Even older teens are rolling their eyes at the G4 garbage.

It would be nice to see a REAL tech channel with all tech news, call for help and a return of Leo and Patrick. I do think there is a much LARGER target audience that's older out their for it.

In the meantime, it's nice to see some of the original guys that actually knew what they were doing back again.

10. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

Ok all, lets keep the G4 bashing out of this thread. There is another thread for this. I'd like to keep this topic on the TWiT show, even though it's not on TV.

11. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

Kyle, I'm sure the posters understand what you are saying but you shouldn't be surprised that you are opening seriously sore wounds when you bring up anything associated with what used to be one of the best (and only for that matter) and quite beloved Tech channels around...that was then raped and pillaged in the only too common for the industry (but in this case overtly slimy) way that it was.

Expect some bitterness.

12. KyleC

KyleC Supporting Actor

Well I agree with everyone here but I just didnt want to turn this into another of those threads. [​IMG]

Has anyone listened to a show yet?

13. Jeffrey_Scotts

Jeffrey_Scotts Stunt Coordinator

You said it my brother!

G4 is just a kids channel and tech guy like myself and MANY others wouldn't go anywhere near it now. I'm just surprised someone else hasn't started a REAL tech channel like I mentioned. It would seem ideal for someone like Gates to do one and have REAL computer people on it. Oh well, at least we can keep up some with Leo, Kate and crew to some extent now with what they are doing.