What's new

The Ongoing Wal-Mart $4.88/$5.50/$5.88 Bargain Bin Thread (1 Viewer)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
quote:Think they'll ever lower it to $5.00?
Doubt it, if anything WM has been shifting more titles onto their $7.50 special promotion displays.
At my local store, the 5.50 bin has recently disappeared all together...

EricDW

Stunt Coordinator
On October 23 I picked up Shade (Sylvester Stallone) and 187 (Samuel L. Jackson) in the $5.50 bin. This is the first time I saw 187 in the bin in NJ.
And I agree... Shade is the FASTEST budget price drop ever. The DVD came out on 5/25/04 and its already $5.50!

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
quote:And I agree... Shade is the FASTEST budget price drop ever. The DVD came out on 5/25/04 and its already $5.50!
I rememeber a faster one. From Justin to Kelly took about a month before it was in the bin. Then there were those Hammer releases and Fox Asian series which went straight to the bin when they were released.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
A new Wal-Mart just opened around the corner from me...so now I have a reason to stick my nose into this thread. images/smilies/wink.gif
The store near me had some surprisingly OK titles in their bin, including Hot Shots!, Hot Shots Part Deux, Phantom of the Paradise and...From Justin to Kelly.
I'm not a big fan of the WM, but I'll stop in from time to time. Cheap DVDs are that enticing.

EricDW

Stunt Coordinator
WB has temporarily SLASHED the prices of 70 DVD titles. These include Vegas Vacation WS, Training Day, About Schmidt, Police Academy 2-7, Blade Runner and many more! You can check the list out here:
http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.proc...romos/Movie19/
J & R Music World has them for sale at $5.99. Unfortunately they have a shipping charge, however there is no sales tax if you live outside NYC. I just ordered 12 of these. Check 'em out.

AnthonyP

Stunt Coordinator
WB has temporarily SLASHED the prices of 70 DVD titles. These include Vegas Vacation WS, Training Day, About Schmidt, Police Academy 2-7, Blade Runner and many more! You can check the list out here:
http://www.jr.com/JRSectionView.pro...Promos/Movie19/
J & R Music World has them for sale at $5.99. Unfortunately they have a shipping charge, however there is no sales tax if you live outside NYC. I just ordered 12 of these. Check 'em out.
I believe most of these are showing up the the Walmart bin now also.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Thanks Eric.

I have heard of this movie but don't really know anything about it, and admit I got it because of the cast (Depp/Brando/Dunaway). Was it a popular movie when released? IOW, is an anamorphic transfer likely, or would it be waaaay on the backburner? Thanks.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Probably way on the backburner.

I picked up the disk and enjoyed the movie.

I picked up from the recent restock:

Red Planet

Postman

About Schmidt

Sleepers

Excalibur

Sphere

Executive Decision

Conspiracy Theory

2001 (old release, for a gift)

Saw and didn't get

Disclosure

Matrix Revisited

Gremlins (Old Release)

Blankman

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
A new Wal-Mart just opened around the corner from me...so now I have a reason to stick my nose into this thread.
Same here. :)
I just wish the "dump bin" wasn't literally a bin. With 4 or 5 people around it, it's particularly hard to dig through. Why can't they simply put it on a shelf with spines out -- no need to alphabetize. I hate how the cases get all dinged up in a bin.
Wish I could find "Still Crazy". Did find "Talk Radio" and "Anatomy SE".

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
The best option is to go there around 4 in the morning. The workers are quite use to me coming in there and making a mess looking for things. :)

AnthonyP

Stunt Coordinator
Everytime I see L.A. Story I get excited until I recall it isn't anamorphic. It's been quite sometime since I've seen it and otherwise would be one I'd pick up immediately if it were.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
For some reason my Walmart dumped a few dozen copies of Spiderman WS in the bin. I even asked the employee if they were indeed 5.50 and she said yes. As always YMMV.

AnthonyP

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen someone else mention that about Spider-man but mine still has at for 8 something unfortunately. Hopefully it will arrive here shortly.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Not sure if this is still going on, but Walmart was dumping lots of titles for $3.88 on Friday.

Only one I hadn't bought previously was 'Joe vs. the Volcano'.

Lots of Clint Eastwood cop&western movies...

EricDW

Stunt Coordinator
A BEVY OF TITLES AT WAL MART FOR $3.88! It was advertised as a 5 hour sale on Friday (11/26), however they are still selling these titles at the $3.88 price until they are all gone. Here's a sample of what I can remember I saw:
Goodfellas (std edition)
Police Academy (P & S)
Joe Vs. the Volcano
You've Got Mail
fear dot com
Pale Rider
Absolute Power
How to Deal
Pay it Forward
Grumpy Old Men
American Outlaws
Swing Shift
The Client
Magnum Force
Big (P & S)
Dude, Where's My Car
My Cousin Vinny
One Hour Photo (P & S)
Rio Bravo
Big Trouble in Little China (Std)
Blade Runner (Dir Cut)
Dave
Don't Say a Word
Say Anything
Michael
Vegas Vacation (P & S)
There are plenty more, but I can't remember them all. I would suggest getting down to Wal Mart ASAP if you want to capitalize on this KILLER $3.88 price!
For info on all of the great Black Friday weekend pricing check out this link:
http://www.videostoremag.com/news/ht...rticle_ID=6902

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks