What's new

The Ongoing Wal-Mart $4.88/$5.50/$5.88 Bargain Bin Thread (1 Viewer)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Went to see if I could find 'First Wives Club'.

Unfortunately, my store has removed the bin till after the holiday.

Said they needed the floor space for other stuff.

Other stuff that makes them more money, I figure.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
I would LOVE to find these movies at MY Walmart Bin:

Knockaround Guys

Whatever It Takes

Sugar And Spice

Seventh Sign

With Honors

They are all on that list, but I highly doubt that MY Walmart has any of them. Especially "Knockaround Guys" being as how this movie is STILL selling for $20 in every single store. I haven't been to Walmart in a long time. It's been at least 4 months now, and the last time I went, they didn't have anything good in that bin. I highly doubt they have anything good NOW, but I should go and check, just to make sure.

Why the hell don't they sell these on Walmart.com? I would be more than happy to order them and wait for them to arrive instead of going through that huge bin with 100 other people fighting for a certain movie.

Eric Larsen

Agent
In the year or so that I have been reading the forum, somehow the fact that a Wal-Mart list this extensive has been compiled somehow blows my mind even more than everything else I have read here.

With that said, I would like to finally make my first post by asking if anyone knows whether the Little Shop of Horrors DVD would be the Frank Oz 86 version or the 60s Roger Corman one? Either way wouldn't be bad, but I've been hoping for the recent one lately.

Greg, thanks for posting that!

Patrick and Dave thanks so much for all your post on sales prices every week, they've saved me some of the money I've got in the past and helped me enjoy more varied viewing experiences.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody and best wishes this evening and tomorrow morning through the sales!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
You're welcome, Eric. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.

Everyone should keep in mind that the super-long list includes items which have come and gone in the $5.88 bin, and many of those items are nowhere to be found today in 99.9% (or more) of those bins.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Got Hong Kong 1941 and 3 Dragonball Z movies (uncut) for 5.88.

My local BB doesn't have them in a bin, they are on a wall rack and a floor rounder display.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I've been told that the $5.88 bin may be going away come Feb or Mar of next year.
Kinda makes me a little teary-eyed...

I've been 'diving' since it was the $5.00 bin, remember that?

Some of the older purchases were: The Avengers, Singles, 2 Days in the Valley, Sommersby, Diner, Pump up the Volume, and LawnmowerMan.

Probably bought about 60 movies from the bin so far.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Just got back from wal mart , and i also was lucky enough to get pick up artist from the 5.88 bin long before street date !:D :emoji_thumbsup: Also after searching the 5.88 bin for like 20 minutes i also got a copy of trading places with eddie murphy !Grand total for both movies 12.47 with the tax !:) :) :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
It's far worse than I thought. I knew I wasn't going to find any of the titles that I wanted (in my earlier post). I did not expect to find out that my Walmart has completely done away with their $5.88 bin. I asked two different workers there, and they both confirmed that they did away with it, and are no longer going to have one....EVER!

This is terrible news indeed. Oh well, now I'll just have to pay full-price for all my DVDs.

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Be sure to check your local Walgreens stores as well.

They have a bunch of $5.99 titles. The selection is NO WHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS Wal-Mart but hey it is another option.

Some of the titles I saw there:

The Art of War - Wesley Snipes

Frantic - Harrison Ford

Hard to Kill - Steven Segal

Red Rock West - Nicolas Cage

Above the Law - Steven Segal

Lots of WWE/WWF DVDs (Triple H, The Rock, Insurextion, Rebellion, No Way Out just to name a few)

There were several other notables but for some reason the brain is not working at the moment, sorry.

Good Luck and as usual YMMV!!

Greg

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Wal-Mart can ki$$ my @$$- last time I tried to buy a disc after digging through the bin, it rang up at $14.44. I checked one store yesterday and they have now thrown in titles priced at $7 and $9 along with the $5 titles, but only some actually have price tags on them, and anything more than $5 is too much to dig around for. I just loved how the other customers were tossing around the ones they didn't want though!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
wow jesse nice.

anyway some dvd's end up in that bin when customers just drop them in there when they change their mind.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Our local Wal-Mart Superstore still has a very nicely stocked $5.88 bin ...
But they also have a $7.50 bin as well; and I have found quite a few titles that I was interested in that bin, so you might want to check that out as well.
For example, a couple of months ago, the following were found in the $7.50 bin:
Lethal Weapon
Lethal Weapon II
Lethal Weapon III
Lethal Weapon IV
None of these had any special features except for IV, but they all offered fairly nice anamorphic widescreen transfers.
Also,
Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman and Robin (This one probably should have been in the $5.88 bin!)
All the Rocky movies.
Rambo I and II (these were actually very nice 2-disc SE iterations of the movies); Rambo III 2-disc SE was found in the $5.88 bin.
2010 (Sequel to 2001)
So, if they've taken down the $5.88 bin in your area, check out the $7.50 bin!

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"I can't find "Son In Law", and I have looked at 3 different Wal-Marts."

Haven't seen that title for months now.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Pretty Baby at Wal-Mart(?!)...for $5.88 even. It took 2 days for my neck to recover after that double-take. I honestly didn't believe it. But I walk into the place and, voila, there is was! I'm not sure what else I can say.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
:D So, you didn't believe me, eh? That'll show ya! :laugh:
Did everyone know that the one Pink Panther film that Artisan has the rights to, instead of MGM, is in the $5.88 bin now? I forget the title, but I did grab it. I didn't want it to be missing from my Pink Panther collection when I get MGM's new Panther box set that comes out early next year.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
My experience today at 'the bin':

Found a copy of 'Valley Girl' and wondered if it belonged there or not.

Almost asked someone in movie area, but they were all busy.

Took it up front with my $6 vitamins.

Movie rang up as $14.44, so I told the clerk I didn't want it.

I saw -$3.00 flash across the display and then $9.00 appeared.

I told her again that I didn't want it.

She said "No, that's your total".

Needless to say, I paid quickly and politely.

She apparently rang it at $14.44, removed it at $14.44, rang it at $5.88, and then did a -$3.00 price adjustment.

So basically, the movie cost $2.88 only.

My advice: if it's in the bin, take it up front and make your case if it rings higher.

You never know what will happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks