What's new

The Ongoing Survivor 8 All-Stars thread (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
The castaways are up on the CBS website so I don't think there's any need to use spoiler tags anymore.

Now I have one question:

Shii-Ann???? WTF????

Not all the winners are here. I guess they're saving them up for the next All-Stars?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
The biggest surprises to me are Shii-Ann and Kathy. I agree: WTF???? Who really wanted to see them again? Maybe they were back-up picks brought in because others said no.

Otherwise, the selection is pretty good. :) I'm looking forward to this season a LOT.

/Mike

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
When wondering why they picked certain people, don't assume that the final 18 are the first choices of the producers. Some folks weren't able or willing to repeat the experience.

Looking forward to seeing the two Robs in the same tribe. If they had added John from Pearl Islands, would have easily been the most hated tribe in Survivor history. :D

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator
If they had added John from Pearl Islands, would have easily been the most hated tribe in Survivor history.
Just the thought of that tribe makes me feel like someone is constantly punching the inside of my stomach. I'm not sure I would be able to handle the Robs and Fairplay on the same tribe without much use of the Mute button.

As it stands, it should make for a pretty enjoyable experience.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Shii-Ann???? WTF????
I agree, but I think I read that she was the only one brought back from that season. And now that I think about it, that season did not have too many memorable characters (with the exception of that crazy black woman who thought the other guy was touching her in the middle of the night. They make amends and then she goes blabbing about the incident to everyone on the tribe, then when they pretty much ignore her, she has a complete tantrum) Shii-Ann did have an obnoxius, holier than thou, I'm willing to eat all the entrails of the chicken because that is how I was raised so I am better than you attitude so her presence could make the mix more interesting, but if she's on there, they should rethink the "All Stars" title.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Wonder if they even let Rupert unpack?

This will be interesting to see. Moreso than any other season, they all will be coming prepared. How the heck would you ever form an alliance knowing how it went down in your respective season? There aren't a lot of weak sheep in there to be led around at all.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Well... even when they were playing the first time, they were forming and breaking alliances all the time, knowing that those alliances are only paper-thin if something better comes along... so I don't think it'll change too much in that respect.

I wonder if they'll show them talk about previous seasons now? I know that up until now, basically any conversation they had were they related to earlier seasons got cut from the show, as they didn't want it to be too "self-referential".

Joel Smith

Agent
Moga Moga has a clear physical advantage over the other two tribes, lex, colby and richard are 3 of the strongest players ever to have competed on survivor, and the girls on there tribe are pretty savy as well.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't call the tribe with two Robs "the most hated". I actually liked Rob C. One of the greatest players ever in the history of the show.

Shii-Ann is from Survivor Thailand. You guys are right, not too many memorable characters from that season. The only ones that stand out right now are Brian and Clay (the final two) and the Tommy Lee look alike who was always picking fights.

I would've liked to see the guy that had to retire from the game because he got burned (is it Michael?) and also Hunter.

Speaking of weak sheep...Amber was a big time follower, not a leader. But she's hot so I'm not complaining. Some eye candy at least.

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
I hated that entire cast from Thailand. One is too many from that group in my opinion.

I'm not a big fan of Kathy from Marquesas either. Rob M is weird pick too. I don't even remember him. Hunter would have been my pick for that group.

Glad to see the old curmudgeons tom and Rudy have come back!

I think Chapera looks a little weak compared to the other two tribes.

Doug R

Supporting Actor
I read somewhere that all the winners were asked. Vecepia just had a baby recently and Brian probably just has no interest. Colleen from S1 and Elisabeth from S2 were both asked and turned it down, so you can probably assume Amber wasn't necessarily supposed to be in All-Stars and perhaps Alicia too or maybe Jenna L.

I think the cast is about as good as it could have been. As for Kathy, she did place 3rd and is a fan favorite (considered one of the more strategic people of that season).

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Elizabeth Filarski (probably new last name now, right?) was an obvious choice, but it's understandable she turned it down, she seems to be doing pretty good and doesn't need this. I still wish she would have been in it. :)

I would have liked to see Hunter also, as well as Brandon from Survivor: Africa.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I think Amber and Shii-Ann have good chances of going far, as they will be viewed as non-threats and needed for votes. With this crowd of spotlight hogs, playing it quiet will probably pay off well.

And I changed my mind. I want Rob M. to be the first voted off. Ugh, could not stand him.

I want Rupert to win, but I highly doubt he will. Far too recognizable as a threat. I'll be surprised if he makes it to the jury - they'll dump him as soon as they don't need his physical strength anymore.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hunter is doing "Tactical to Practical" on the History Channel, and Elisabeth Filarski-Hasslebeck is on "The View" now.

I would have liked Jeff from Season 2 to have made it (he was buds with Alicia).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks