What's new

The ongoing Nip/Tuck Season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I have to agree with what someone else said. What are they going to leave for next season??? If there is a next season.

Does anybody know how many episodes there are going to be 13 maybe????

Also, does anybody know how this is doing in the ratings??

Thanks
R~

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
So it looks like the earlier hints that Christian is really Matt's father were right on.

//Ken

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
There is a great article in yesterdays Wall Street Journel on Nip/Tuck. It talks about how they are having trouble getting commercials to pay for spots during Nip/Tuck. The show according to the article it doing a killing in the ratings. Some 3.+ million tune when it is on. Kinda reminds me of The Sheild, having trouble getting commercials and look at it now. They are lining up to get some spots in!......(I don't have a direct link to the article, sorry)

Last nights episode was ok. I can't wait for next weeks episode. Glad to see they brought back the drug dealer dude from the first episode. This should be good.

R~

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'll go ahead and gloat about surmising that Matt was really Christian's son, and when Sean finds out, his entire world is going to fall apart in a big way.

This show is totally addictive in a way that you don't realize the hour passes so effortlessly.

I sort of feel sorry for Joely Richardson because it seems like she spends the entire episode crying or about to cry, or just finished crying. She looked like hell all throughout the episode due to Julia being in so much pain, having to suffer through her husband's infidelity and not being about to direct any of her hurt towards Megan, the dead mistress.

Christian and Gina...now there's a pair headed for disaster in a big way. Can you imagine them at PTA meetings?

The Matt/Henry/Runover girl subplot is getting stale. They need to figure something out and be done with it.

Almost had a heart attack when the Sean's daughter appeared in the episode. How long has it been since we saw her in an episode?

Next episode definitely looks to have that "Kingpin" vibe to it.

JoshEE

Agent
This show really reminds me of the shield. Does anyone know if the same people are involved?

1) They're both on FX (obvious)
2) They're both really fast paced, I remember watching the shield and thinking there was no way they could come up with new stuff.
3) They both have characters I become interested in and want to know more about.
4) They both have very likeable characters that do some very bad things. I don't know wether to love or hate them.

I don't know, maybe these are just basic ingrediants to any good tv show, but I remember thinking this while watching one of the episodes. Seems like FX has some pretty good original shows, does anybody know about anything in the works for next season or anything?

Sonnie Parker

Second Unit
I agree... FX has done it! Nip/Tuck and The Shield are two of my favorite shows.

And as Patrick says, totally addictive.

It's a real bummer though that The Shield doesn't start back up until January.

I think the runover girl thing will come to a head this next show when they spill the beans to her that they were the ones who ran over her.

I can see the season coming to an end with lots of turmoil and uncertainty left hanging for the next season.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I want to say there are also 13 or so episodes. But I do know the season ends this month. After that it will all be reruns until next season.

I have a feeling they are going to leave us hanging too........ :D

R~

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/14/03

So the drug dealer storyline (changing the face of a drug lord to aid in flight from capture) from the early episodes comes back to haunt Sean and Christian, and they get coerced into "unloading" sacks of drugs smuggled in from young, beautiful women who have double-sized breast implants. These women are treated like 2nd class mules, and the promise of work visas for modelling jobs in Ft. Lauderdale is the necessary inducement for undergoing such drastic breast augmentation surgery. It was tough to watch one explantation procedure, it was doubly so to see it again later in the episode.

That guy working at the store for baby stuff was a nice piece of work, wasn't he? Loved Christian going off on him. Christian makes some headway with Gina, inviting her to stay with him during her pregnancy (which is now in its 6th month, so some amount of time has passed on the show). Gina finally tells Christian her last name, though I find it amazing she's kept it from him for all these months. She also kept where she live a secret from him as well (she lived off a boat, which wasn't the safest place to be for an expectant mother).

No telling where Julia's new best friend storyline is going (besides the "ostracized for doing right" angle).

FX was bordering on R-rated material towards the end where Sean finds his balls and confronts the drug lord, Escobar, while he's in the middle of boinking one of his mules, and it's pretty evident Escobar was doing the fully Monty for the scenes. Escobar showing Sean what he could be doing to Julia (if he doesn't continue with the explantation procedures) was pretty graphic in a very unsubtle way.

One of the main strengths of this show is that something is always happening, which keeps the "where's this all going?" form of boredom away (unlike "Carnivale").

Can't wait for the wrapup in next week's season finale.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Good recap Patrick. Man, Sean and Christian are in way over their heads and I really liked last nights episode. Christian got 140k from selling his baby and his 20k Rolex and than Sean shows up with about 25 grand, "Than go get wet Sean".

I couldn't believe the showed brief nudity of the Heroin dealer, his comment about Seans wife was nuts and Sean looks like he will end up doing something.

Bummer, Season Finally is next week.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Bummer that the season finale is next week. I've really been enjoying this show and it has become a part of my weekly Tv schedule, it will be depressing not to have anymore shows for a couple months.

Anyway's, I like where this show is going and can't wait for the finale next week. I wonder what is going to come out of the Sean/Christian and Escobar situation, if you watch the promo you see Sean buying possibly a gun and it looks as though he confronts Escobar. My family and I believe that Sean is going to snap and kill Escobar. I also wonder if the results of that paternity test are going to be shown next week, I agree with much of you that one of Sean's kids is actually Christian's. Next week will be very interesting.

I really hope the new season starts after The Shield Season 3 which will probably be sometime in the middle to end of March. I'd prefer to see this than that other show Lucky when the Shield ends.

And yes, I've been saying since the start of this show that Sean's son looks like Michael Jackson, finally some people that agree with me!:)

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
Anyone find out what FX's deal is with 13 episode seasons? It makes it end way too quickly, and you have to wait SOOOOO long for the next new show like when The Shield starts up in January. It will have been 9 months since the last new show!!!

Duane R

Second Unit
I read in the Denver Post this morning that FX ordered a second season (no shock there) of 15 episodes for the next go around. No word on when it will air.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I prefer 13 good episodes per season that are all (at least) pretty good to 22-episode seasons with a bunch of filler [cough]Smallville[/cough]

//Ken

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
The thirteen episode thing kills me, especially with The Shield because you have a good several months between when the show ends and when it premiers (usually in January). The belief with execs is that doing this garners higher ratings for the show because people get hooked one season and want to see what happens the next season. A smart move I suppose but a killer for the die-hard fans such as myself that can't stand such a long wait.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/21/03 season finale

Utterly thoroughly enjoyable season finale.

I about laughed up a lung when Christian's "son" was born. The look on Christian was priceless. Oh my, what a great setup/payoff for the past 3-4 episodes.

The resolution of the whole Escobar ordeal was good (though, could someone tell me what happened when law enforcement approached Escobar right before he was about to go through the airport security? My ReplayTV recording cut off that little bit at the end.)

So is Matt really the son of Christian, it's up in the air, but I still lean that way, and when Sean finds out, he's going to be thrown for a loop next season (if the writers go this route).

Britney Fransen

Auditioning
Patrick,

Law enforcement told Escobar to stop and that he was being arrested. However, they were calling him by a different name but I don't remember what it was. Anyway, Escobar kept saying "I don't know who that is". The agent then pulled out a sheet that had pictures of the most wanted and showed it to Escobar. At the top was a picture of Escobar pre-surgery. The camera pans down the page and toward the bottom is a picture of Escobar post-surgery with the name that the agent called him. The agent made the comment that if he wanted to change his lifestyle he really should have changed his face too.

I am with you about Matt, I think Christian is his father.

Britney

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
The resolution of the whole Escobar ordeal was good (though, could someone tell me what happened when law enforcement approached Escobar right before he was about to go through the airport security? My ReplayTV recording cut off that little bit at the end.)
My PVR also cut out at the top of the hour. The show ran over about 5 minutes. I ended up watching the end of the show then next hour.

What Christian and Sean did was put the face of another felon on Escobars face. It was quite genius and funny when the agents showed him the "wanted" sheet for his new face.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks