What's new

The ongoing "Big Brother 4" thread (1 Viewer)

Doug R

Supporting Actor
Regardless of what you think of Alison, she deserves to win as much as Will (and Danielle) did. She was the best player.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
But I don't recall him being or needing to be a physical threat
Man, you must have a major jones for Ali. Will would have mopped the floor with her, and left her crying those big fake crocidile tears. Will intentionally was never a threat in competitions. Ali would never haved made it this far without winning competions, Will won the game without winning competions.

Chris

Owen S

Stunt Coordinator
So, winning competitions doesn't count for anything and in fact is just a crutch for poor play in other aspects of the game.Gimme a break.I think somebody's jonesin' for Will:)

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I think that Ali has done the best job of playing the game. However, I also think that's the reason why she won't win. She's pissed off too many people.

There's simply no way that Robert will win the final HoH competition. He's too much of a wimp. My money's on Ali.

Owen S

Stunt Coordinator
So maybe they should gear the comps towards Salsa dancing (Robert)or exercise routines (Erica),naw ,Ali'd win that too.Aw heck let's do away with the comps and take turns at HOH like good little children. Kindergarten dismissed :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Winning comps can get you to the final 2, but you still have to win over the jury. That's the big obstacle facing Allison given how she's made it here. Will was never a raving PITA when he was nominated on a weekly basis. He played so sublimely, and non-confrontationally, and that earned him the big payday for BB2. He definitely got in the rest of the houseguests' heads.

I think the Golden POV will not be an automatic thing next season because it's simply too powerful of a thing to win. BB should change it up, have POV in some weeks and Golden POV in other weeks. There's still strategy involved in blocking others from getting POV, and it doesn't automatically become a "get-out-of-jail" card like it has this season.

Owen S

Stunt Coordinator
If you think she's the best player why don't you think the rest of the competitors will. They know it's a game and I doubt they will hold her technique against her.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Human jealousy and resentment can cloud/color how people vote.

Danielle played a very good game (but her diary room entries doomed her in the eyes of the jury). Sequestering the evicted houseguests was a direct response to Danielle getting the shaft last season. Personal animosity can cause people to vote against you for spiteful reasons.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
Then you must not have children. Of course they knew the situation going in, but still after 68 days a normal person would begin to miss their families.
What kind of man would abandon his young daughter for an entire summer to go on a tv show? That guy is some kind of a snivelin' p#ssy.

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
If you think she's the best player why don't you think the rest of the competitors will. They know it's a game and I doubt they will hold her technique against her.
I think that they definitely will hold it against her. They feel that they were "wronged" and "betrayed" by her and take it personally. By voting against her, they will feel like they "got her back".

BobV

Second Unit
"What kind of man would abandon his young daughter for an entire summer to go on a tv show?"

To get a 1 in 10 chance (or whatever) at $500,000 for her? ...and adandon is probably a bit harsh of a word.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> So maybe they should gear the comps towards Salsa dancing

I hear they'll have to salsa dance non-stop while salsa is dumped on their heads.

> and adandon is probably a bit harsh of a word.

Yeah, I'm sure he at least parked the car in the shade so she wouldn't get too hot. :D

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
To get a 1 in 10 chance (or whatever) at $500,000 for her?
My thinking exactly. That $500,000 would easily pay for her college education. It's all about what you see as best for your family in the long run. Pretty much the same reason why OTR truckers will leave their families for a week or two at a time, to provide for them. If I thought I would stand a chance to take 3 months, and be able to pay off all debts, plus ensure college money for my son, I'd go for it, but it's the old catch-22, I know I couldn't handle the 3 month seperation.

Chris

Owen S

Stunt Coordinator
I doubt bringin' home the bacon for momma was the driving force in Robert's decision to try out for BB. More likely he's bored with his job/life and it sounded like a fun thing to do. So far it's working out. Also his weekly stipend is probably more than he makes on the outside.

Owen S

Stunt Coordinator
The live feeds are hilarious/pitiful. Robert and Ali are kissing ass, anybody's will do. There looking for that pivotal fourth vote. Jun's being nice but the other two are gushing out praise to whoever will listen.I think Ali has three votes in the bag against either opponent,Nathan,Erica and Jack.Her fourth vote most likely will come from Justin or Jun.So she should take Robert with her to the finals.Robert can count on two (Jee & Dana)against Ali and two (Justin & Dana) against Jun. Robert should flip a coin to decide his running mate seeing as relying on his own skills would be a much worse proposition.Jun like Ali definitely wants to go against Robert. A Jun & Ali match up would be a good one, but we'll never see it. Jun could win it if Justin goes along with Jee,Robert and Dana but I don't think he will seeing as Ali is his ex. Since I have it all figured out I might as well move on....on second thought I think I'll stay tuned.You know Robert may well get Erica's vote too. Nooooooo....thats three votes for Robert,thats way to close to the half mill.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
To get a 1 in 10 chance (or whatever) at $500,000 for her?

My thinking exactly. That $500,000 would easily pay for her college education. It's all about what you see as best for your family in the long run. Pretty much the same reason why OTR truckers will leave their families for a week or two at a time, to provide for them. If I thought I would stand a chance to take 3 months, and be able to pay off all debts, plus ensure college money for my son, I'd go for it, but it's the old catch-22, I know I couldn't handle the 3 month seperation.
As Patrick already mentioned his big thing was getting another Rolex, and he also mentioned a Porshe and some expensive clothes (So he can look "So money"). He never said a single word about money for his daughter, and just because a decent person would think that way, does not mean it can be assumed of Robert.

I just hope the hell he does not make it to the final two because I can see the jury giving it to him out of sympathy.

I also grow tired of all the "such and such things are rigged" complaints, they seem to pop up in every thread about reality shows when people are not happy with the outcome of a certain event. The fact is the Robert is both mentally and physically the weakest person in the house, so in a sense any kind of competition created could be viewed as unfair to him, as he seems to excel at nothing but picking his nose.

The reason the others don't win as many competitions is because they don't really even try. During the obstacle course challenge for the ballon ride, It was hard to tell who was going through it faster because of the way it was edited. But one could not help but notice that Ali was hustling through it, while the others seemed to be lollygagging.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
I also grow tired of all the "such and such things are rigged" complaints, they seem to pop up in every thread about reality shows
According to the show on Bravo this week, all reality shows are rigged, and all contestants are molded into a "character".

It also seems that the producers of Big Brother hate the internet, even though they are the ones providing the live, 24/7 feed. In one instance last year, they had a shot of Gerry presumably oogling Marcellas in the shower, and were going to edit it that way, but couldn't because it was all over the net (live feed posts and such) that they were just talking strategy. In a sense, all things are rigged. Do you really think that those Diary Room moments are spontaneous, and that the voice talking to them is not leading them along, and planting ideas in their heads?

Chris

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"He(Will) played so sublimely" Sure, but he was a moron! Would have fit in well on Paradise Island:)

Brent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks