What's new

The One and Only HTF Pet Owner and Animal Lover Thread! (1 Viewer)

Jin E

Second Unit
From the sound of it we have quite a few pet owners on HTF... I though I would share my pets with the group… they give nothing but love… and expect only treats… petting… attention… food… and water in return!
Timber : The Hyperactive Attention Deficit Disorder Dog. Timber Loves to swim. Timber loves to run. Timber loves to eat treats. Timber loves to run, swim, and eat treats all at the same time (or at least he tries). Friends of ours moved to Florida where they were afraid for Timber's life (because of the Gators in the lake behind their house). We took timber in to spare him a life of staying inside 24-7! He'll run fetch even past the point of exhaustion.
Nikki : The Grumpy old Man. Nikki is my girlfriend’s dog who now resides at my house. He is a 9 year old Husky… and is quite ornery at times. Nikki and Timber are partners in Crime. Nikki is the brains while Timber is the brawn. Timber will follow Nikki around everywhere (unless there is a ball or treats to be had).
Stinky Pete (tm): The world’s Laziest dog. Pete doesn’t like it when you mess up his schedule. 5:45 wake up and go use the bathroom. 6:15am-5:00pm Sleep on the couch under the AC vent. 5:00-10:00pm Follow Jin trying to get as much attention and petting as possible with the hopes of some treats. 10:00pm-5:45am Sleep. I’ll come home early from work sometimes and Pete will be on the couch snoring away, totally oblivious to my presence. Sometime he’ll even look up to make sure I’m not going to put him outside, or to see if I went near the treat jar. We found Pete as a Stray. He has definitely taken to the good life… I don’t see how this dog could survive in the wild.
Emmit : The Elongated Tube Rat (Ferret). In the past Emmit was a ball of energy getting into trouble left and right (He loves to destroy rolls of Toilet Paper!). His favorite treats and suckers. He’s about 150 years old in Ferret years. He just hit is 10th Birthday… and most ferrets don’t live past 7 years. He spends most of his days curled up in a ball sleeping the day away. He is well preserved! He was given to me by someone who could not keep him in their appartment any more (as you can tell most of my animals are hand-me-downs).
I won't mention the Snake and Phish my girlfriend owns... we have a regular wild kingdome at my house!
------------------
-Jin
My Theater

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Sam is the oldest of my cats. I've had him since I've lived in Virginia. He's made it through 4 moves, 2 hurricanes, and who knows what else. He's a rather large cat, stretching almost 3 feet in length. He's the only cat I've ever seen that can stand on the ground and grab things off the counter. He, of course, uses this ability to steal food when you aren't looking!
Mouse , or as my sister calls her, Chunky Cat. Poor Mouse is the only female left in my household. She spends her time eating and is truly the laziest cat I've ever seen. (She's even lazy for a cat!!) She's also seven and I took her in when a friend of mine took a job that would keep him on the road all the time. I actually got her on Christmas day!
Cy was a feral kitten when I first got him. The first time I came close to him, he bit me!! But with lots of love (and lots of treats!), he finally decided that being a house cat wasn't so bad. He is the sweetest and gentlest cat you will ever meet, he just doesn't like strangers! He's the best cat I've ever had. All he wants is for someone to pet on him. Anyone that says cats are aloof, hasn't met Cy!
Annie , was a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. My ex-girlfriend and I adopted her from the pound, of all places. She was overweight, at 35 pounds when she should have been 25 pounds, and 8 years old. But we took her home, and put her on a diet, and she became like a puppy again. I miss this dog. Unfortunately, 6 months later, my ex moved on and shortly after Annie passed away. I can't wait until I an have another Corgi to smile in my life!

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
We have two dogs:
Mojo is our 9-year-old German Shepard/Lab cross. He is a very large, smart, and protective dog - particularly of my wife and daughter. Many sales people have been turned back by his presence over the years. Generally, he has a very laid-back personality unless (as I said) strangers are around.
Brandy is our one-year-old Yorkshire Terrier. He is extremely high-strung and a source of much amusement. Very loving and in need of constant attention. He is often seen trying to get Mojo (or anyone) to play with him.
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Roman Polanski's - The Fearless Vampire Killers?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I miss having a dog,the last was my Rotty samantha,who croaked of old age.
My brother and I were going over names "Killer","Slayer" ,"Nixon","Grunt" and all sorts of stuff, my mother comes home with the dog and says "Her names Samantha".
We looked at each other "Samantha???What the hell kind of name is that for a Rottweiler???"
But I miss having a animal in the house, gotta get a dog or a turtle or fish or something.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
As a tremendous cat lover, I've had many cats in my life, but my current two residents are two of the sweetest I've known.
Zoe is a typical seal bi-color feline. She has a black tail, black body, black head, white face, white belly, and white legs. Towards me, she is the sweetest cat on the planet. She follows me around everywhere and is always demanding my lap. Towards others, she is somewhat aloof and only on occasion graciously allows someone else to pet her.
Nyssa is a predominantly gray tabby. This cat is far from aloof. She greets everyone who comes in with open arms (and tail?). And if petting is to be had, she is never far. But, unlike Zoe and most cats, she is not into treats. She'd rather be petted.
Now that both of these cats are little older (middle aged?) they've become fat and lazy. They want to play with strings and balls as long as you bring it to them.
------------------

DennisHP

Second Unit
Kady is a 12 year old Boxer that I've known since birth and had since she was 8 weeks old. I knew her mother and father. She has a catarack (sp) in one eye and is nearly deaf. She sleeps 20 hours a day only waking to be fed and pet. Like most dogs, she cracks some nasty, protein-based, farts and runs me outside to get away from the fumes.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
My best friend and closest confidant is my cat, Attila. He's closer to me than my girlfriend. And I do not "own" him, nor is he a "pet" (cats are free citizens). I am but his human guardian, responsible for quarters and rations. Attila is in charge of everything else. It's a simple system that works well for both of us.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Katie is a feisty little Beagle/Terrier mix who barks at everything that moves. She gets her two walks a day come hell or highwater. And she sleeps next to me on a pillow - this is one spoiled mutt!
------------------
sgon.jpg

"Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins - leave death to the professionals!"
"Mind if I use that line in my next Western?"

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Alight, I'll join in. I have 2 cats:
Velcro: Flame-point Siamese. The kindest, gentlest creature I have ever had the joy of knowing. From the very first moment we met and I held him, we were bonded. In fact, I couldn't get him unhooked from my shirt, hence his name. Velcro is the type of cat who loves everyone. If someone he has never met comes over, theirs will be the first lap he visits. Rest assured, though, he will get to everyone in time. Velcro is so relaxed and good natured that you can pick him up and hold him in any position (even upside down) and he is perfectly relaxed. He also loves Cheerios (Jack knows what I mean)
biggrin.gif
Eddie: Orange tabby. The cat with attitude. I named him after Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam. Eddie is a bit of a thug and likes to play the tough guy. Don't pick him up, cuz he don't like that. Only I can get away with that once in a while...for about 10 seconds. If he were a human, I'm quite sure he would ride a Harley. He's not mean, though, in fact he does have a soft side which he shows on occasion when there aren't very many people around. Eddie loves to eat and I will often catch him grazing on the carpet if I haven't vacuumed in a while. If I don't feed him at the crack of dawn, he'll wake me up by sticking his cold, wet nose right into my eye socket. That's such a pleasant way to start the day
laugh.gif
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"People always clap for the wrong things." - The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Anyone in the Vancouver, BC area interested in meeting up? If so, click here.
Please sign the online petition against Warner Brothers' recent non-OAR releases. Click here.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Bill,
Zoe and Nyssa? I smell a Doctor Who fan... :)
I'll update later with a writeup & photo of my "little girl", Ariel (a 5-year-old Jack Russell Terrier)...
------------------
"If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kickin' your butt."

Frederick

Second Unit
Great idea, Jin. I have two cats. They're brother and sister. Had them since they were kittens. The Anti-Kats, as my friends so lovingly call them
wink.gif
Nicademous- The male, and the bad boy. From day one, I knew this one was going to be trouble. My girlfriend (at the time) and I were looking for kittens to go with our new apartment. Her friend had a stray that dropped a HUGE litter, so we went by to take a look. My girlfriend picked up Nikki, and he hissed at her. So naturally, I wanted that one :). He's been a mess ever since. He's an ex-con. He's escaped from me twice, the second time he ended up in the animal shelter, where I had to spring him. He now has a microchip in the scruff of his neck. He also has a bit of an identity crises. He's too furry to be considered short-haired, but the fur isn't quite long enough to be a true long-hair. His tail looks kind of racoon-ish. And did I mention that he likes to play fetch? And he's discovered how to open the fridge. He's a beautiful cat, though. As friendly as any cat I've come across. He'll roll over on his back for anyone to give his tummy a rub. He's infamous for jumping in my friends lap for a nap, as long as it's a girl. He's never far from me, and insists on sleeping beside me every night with his paws under my cheek ...
Nemesis- This is the girl, and Nikki's partner in crime. Nikki's the muscle, Nem's the brains. She's very thin. And surprisingly fast. Nikki has a problem keeping up with her when they chase. Nem's a true short-hair, and isn't as social as Nikki. While Nikki will lay on the couch with me and watch tv (and yes, he does watch tv), Nem will sit on the other couch, or in the bed, or in the closet. She does occasionally allow someone to pet her. But not for long. She has her moments, though ...
Freddy
------------------
" ... Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much ..."
[Edited last by Frederick on August 29, 2001 at 11:02 AM]
[Edited last by Frederick on August 29, 2001 at 11:02 AM]

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Mocha, a Welsh Corgi/Jack Russell mix. Looks just like a Corgi with the terrier's attitude. Mocha is a pain in the butt and a really cool dog at the same time. We adopted her at 5 months from POPP and she is now a little over a year old. Her first owners bought her from some kid selling puppies in front of a grocery store. They said she was a bad dog and couldn't handle her. Bad? She's perfect! She was fully potty trained when we brought her home at 5 months and learned to use a doggy door quickly. She sleeps at the foot of our bed, but when my wife gets up in the middle of the night, she climbs up onto her pillow and goes to sleep. This happens 3 to 4 times a night. Then my wife comes back and says "Get out of my spot!", and Mocha growls a little and heads back down to the foot of the bed. It's hilarious.
Other pets, we have a couple of parakeets (well, my wife has a couple of parakeets. I don't really like them.) and a bunch of fish.
mochadog.jpg

------------------
-Ryan ( http://www.ryanwright.com )
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach him to use the HTF and keep him occupied for life.

[Edited last by Ryan Wright on August 30, 2001 at 10:48 AM]

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
This will probably be the most unbelievable but here goes:
Danni: Our 6 year old Samoyed. Adopted through a local rescue organization.
Sassy: 10 year old Chihuahua mix. Adopted through an animal shelter
Bailey: 6 year old seal-point siamese cat
Nadia: 2 year old siamese mix
Cougar: 12 year old siamese with diabetes. Requires 2 shots of insulin per day.
Osiris: 1 year old siamese, brother to Cleo.
Cleo: 1 year old siamese, sister to Osiris
Heffy: 2 year old siamese, rescued from some crazy woman.
Dana: 4 year old black domestic rabbit
Auggie: 4 year old brown rabbit.
Angel: ?? we found him sitting in our neighborhood in a snowstorm. Lop earred domestic. Someone must have let him loose thinking a house rabbit can survive.
Chloe: 3 year old, very mouthy guinea pig.
yes it's a zoo folks. My wife has really made my life interesting at home to say the least :)
Jeff

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
I have a 2 year old cat, I found him abandoned outside my house, just a kitten and I took him in (aaaaah!), anyway he didn't have a name until I heard the little old lady next door calling his name for a few weeks, no just kidding, well until Sandra started calling him boy, so now we call him erm ...'boy' (there's a lot of imagination in this relationship, eh what?).
We previously had 2 goldfish, which we named 'gold' & erm 'fish', they would still be here today until we run out of foodstuff, and it was snowing outside. :)

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Anyone else disappointed by the lack of pictures??
biggrin.gif
Ryan, do you happen to have any of your corgi mix online? You say it's a Welch Corgi mix, but is it a Cardigan Welsh Corgi or a Pembroke Welsh Corgi? I find it so odd that two dog breeds have such similiar names, but don't really share a heritage at all.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Jim_F

Screenwriter
Barney: A 5 year old Senegal parrot with the most personality per gram of any critter I've ever seen. He doesn't talk much, but he often uses his small vocabulary appropriately ("Hiya buddy!" "Good morning" "Nite-nite")
A regular party animal who loves attention from anybody who offers.
Johnnie: A 3 year old Congo African Grey parrot who's afraid of his own shadow, but he's pretty good with people, even strangers. He talks and talks like a 3 year old playing by himself, usually when I'm out of sight. ("Hiya buddy!" "Hello Barney" "Heeeeeere's Johnnie!" "Hey ya' knucklehead" "Good boy, what a good boy!" "You talkin' to me?" and the Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade "Awright den" just to note a few.) When I'm listening to a delicate passage of beautiful music seems to be his favorite time to belt out a deafening, blood curdling scream, perhaps just to remind me that he's the most important creature in the room.
Both of these guys love all kinds of food, including cheeseburgers and pizza. They also love to lay on their backs on my arm or my hand while I scratch their heads. They're crazy about me and the feeling is usually mutual.
birds.gif

[Edited last by Jim_F on August 29, 2001 at 04:51 PM]

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Steve,I am so ashamed of you...ran out of food...sheesh
rolleyes.gif

I have several fish
In my 55 gallon(soon getting a 120) I have 2 8" oscars named cliff and randy and a pleco named chris(after chris farley,because like chris..it eats everything)
I also have a 30 gallon.I have 1 plain won at the state fair gold fish.My daughter won it about a year ago and it was tiny,now it is about 8" long..his name is shamu.I also have a black moore gold fish named morgan(after morgan freeman) and a calico gold fish named ugly.
3 small catfish,1 will get larg enough to go in with the oscars one day,the other 2 will stay fairly tiny.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks