What's new

The Old Tarzan Movies??? (1 Viewer)

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
In the meantime, I can tell you from information gleaned at my job that Bo Derek's "Tarzan the Ape Man" is coming, if it will help tide you over. ;)

Paul Drake

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting related fact: the chimp that played Cheeta is still with us at 70+ years old.
Here's a story about him.
Although I would buy this set without extras, I hope they would include interviews with Cheeta's current owner and Johnny Sheffield.
If Warners really wants to make this set special, they should license the "Tonight Show" episode from 25+ years ago when Johnny Carson brought together many of the surviving Tarzans. (My memories of that show are quite fuzzy now so I can't remember much about it other than Weismuller doing his best to recreate the yell.)

Maurice McCone

Stunt Coordinator
I searched for this thread having just watched Tarzan and his mate, on UK tv.

What a great film, easily the best of the Tarzan films. It is raunchier and more graphically violent than anything else from that era.

I am dissapointed that this isn't available, heres hoping for next year...

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
[
I searched for this thread having just watched Tarzan and his mate, on UK tv. I am dissapointed that this isn't available, heres hoping for next year...
Well, per the above thread, this is coming out in 2004 in both R1 and R2.

Given that it's a Warners product, it should be a well done package.

Steve

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Hi guys (gals).

I need some help ID-ing a Tarzan movie I saw as a kid.
All I remember is that the climax had Tarzan fighting a bad guy on a net covering vats of boiling oil (or some such).

Ring any bells?

Any help would be appreciated. I thought it might have been Gordon Scott in Tarzan the magnificent, but I just bought that from the WB archives and no such luck.

Brent S

Second Unit
Real Name
Brent Seguine
Originally Posted by Fritz Nilsen
I need some help ID-ing a Tarzan movie I saw as a kid.
All I remember is that the climax had Tarzan fighting a bad guy on a net covering vats of boiling oil (or some such).
TARZAN'S THREE CHALLENGES (1963), starring Jock Mahoney and Woody Strode

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Hopefully that will be one of the titles in the next wave. It should include the Mahoney and Mike Henry titles. Does Warner own the Ron Ely titles that were taken from the TV episodes.

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Originally Posted by Brent S
TARZAN'S THREE CHALLENGES (1963), starring Jock Mahoney and Woody Strode
Thanks, Brent!
It's easy when you know what you're looking for. Found an image on eBay of that scene as well.
[url=="

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks