What's new

The old Audio magazine directory?? (1 Viewer)

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
does anything like this exist anymore??? ya know the magazine that listed all the current products from 90% of the manufactures

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Stereophile recently put out a publication that does something similar. It should still be on magazine racks. I, too, have been looking for a replacement for the October issue of Audio, but I wasn't very impressed with Stereophile's effort, so I gave it a pass.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Nothing has ever replaced the superb Audio magazine annual equipment directory in terms of comprehensiveness. Sound & Vision (formerly Stereo Review) still produces its annual directory, which is on newsstands now. Of course, it has never been a match for dear, departed Audio's.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Only in Audio magazine's equipment directory will you find Lirpa Lab's amazing components. :D

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Home Theater Mag does one too. And, I've found mistakes and omissions in S&V's that Home Theater usually gets right.

I have a complete set of the Audio directories back to 1984! :)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Dang! :)

One interesting site I've found, www.roger-russell.com .

The dude has a bunch of old Stereo Reviews, Audios, and High Fidelities. He'll send you copies of old eqp reviews for a very nominal charge. I've gotten 3 batches from him over the years, and he's quite a nice guy.

Steve Lumbert

Stunt Coordinator
Of the current Buyer's Guides available, the Sound and Vision one is much better than the Stereophile one. I try to collect all the buyer's guides as a reference in case I ever buy used equipment, etc.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Steve- Thanks. I have the S&V and HT Mag dirs for this year, and was wondering if I should bother with the Stereophile one. Yeah, good resource (in the future) for buying more expensive used stuff. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks