What's new

The official Survivor Season 22 Redemption Island: Russell vs. Rob discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was confused about the RI resolution in the individual immunity phase of the game since there are now 3 of them at RI. Will there be a big redemption challenge with a bunch of people closer to the end of the game, and the winner of the final redemption challenge gets returned to the game, and the rest of them make up the jury?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It sure looks that way. There are no RI previews for next week either.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone else notice Probst at the end of the first Tribal Council. He said you need to keep digging. Just the way he said it, and the way he paused when it was said, when speaking to the 4 member tribe, made me wonder if an immunity idol was buried at camp. I only noticed this after they were digging under the flag after they thought it was moved.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
As much as I like Rob, I don't see a scenario where he wins. Natalie, Andrea, or Ashley have a better chance, because none of them have actually played the game..

Matt's chances at getting back into the game don't look promising. If they have the challenge the next episode he'll be facing a strong athletic player and strong puzzle player.

mike caronia

Second Unit
How exactly is David a strong puzzle player?

He was FAR behind Grant and Mike in the puzzle last night!

And he threw the other puzzle vs Rob, so all we have is his word that he's good at puzzles..

I'm rooting for Phillip Sheppard, Secret Agent Man to win the whole thing.

F Rob and his cult. Phillip is playing possum and is going to bring it at Final Tribal Council!!!

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by mike caronia

How exactly is David a strong puzzle player?

He was FAR behind Grant and Mike in the puzzle last night!

And he threw the other puzzle vs Rob, so all we have is his word that he's good at puzzles..

I'm rooting for Phillip Sheppard, Secret Agent Man to win the whole thing.

F Rob and his cult. Phillip is playing possum and is going to bring it at Final Tribal Council!!!

Seriously...how is Phllip going to "bring it" at final tribal council? He has pissed off and insulted everyone there. He is the kind of person you want to face at final tribal council.

Apparently David has the highest IQ of anyone ever tested on the 10+ year history of the show. I think at some point he will show his puzzle problem solving potential.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Has Probst blogged anythin regarding the absence

of Redemption Island in this past week's episode?

Strange there are now three people there and no

explanation for it.

I am wondering too, he had a moment when he was talking to the camera about his craziness and the game where I thought he might be putting it all on.

From day one I questioned Philip and whether he

was for real or putting on an act.

I think these reality shows are the perfect showcase

for anyone that wants to become television's next "Supernut."
Like the American Idol auditions, these are the people you

talk about the next day around the water cooler.

Russell and Coach became stars because their characters

stood out. Seriously, if I were on Survivior, I would walk around

wearing a drool cup just so the camera was on me.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

explanation for it.

Nope. In fact I was a little surprised he didn't mention any details about this, or about why they essentially compressed two episodes into one.

I was wondering about this the other day - how can crap like Big Brother get three nights a week (and I've never met anyone who watches it) and Apprentice (went completely trashy with it's Celeb version) get two hours, while a great show like Survivor only gets one hour to cram everything in?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas

explanation for it.

He said this on his Twitter account: "RI will be very fun from here on out, won't always be 2person duels!"

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Phillip is one strange man.

I think it was funny how he tried to rationalize that the reward challenge stuff is somehow different then the original food stores.

If Phil would have come at me with his rationalization I would have simply told him "No and that's the end of it."

In the end he certain is giving all "Federal Agents" a bad name.

mike caronia

Second Unit
David really rocked that puzzle challenge tonight.

Not.

Phillip is the perfect goat...if Rob's slobberers don't wise up and kill him now, he'll be taking one of their places next to Rob at the finals. I'd love to see Steve slide by and get to the end and win with a bitter jury...Rob vs Phil vs Steve. That would be hysterical.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I'm thinking that Rob is going to win it all since the slobberers (yes I'm going to steal that one) don't seem to have a clue that it would be in their best interest to kill Rob off now.

Hopefully this will be Rob's last time on Survivor, enough is enough already.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I am completely rooting for Matt or Phillip.

If Matt wins, he will have survived multiple terms at Redemption. He will come back into the game and he won't have had a chance to piss anyone off or make enemies. He would be able to make the case: I was dealt the biggest adversity, at risk of being gone every week in a me or you, and I survived. I am what this show is. It would be awesome (IMHO)

Phillip, however, is certifiably nuts. But wow, would I Love it to come down to say the final 3 and have him give a big speech: I had to behave like a lunatic, because as a strategy, it meant people wanted to hold onto me, to keep me here because they felt if it came down to this vote, no one would vote for me. Maybe it was a gamble, but it kept me in the game all the way until the end, and it is a new and unique strategy designed just to play on Rob's ego.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I don't understand the rooting for Philip,

but hey -- it's a game and we all have our

personal favorites.

I don't even understand how Philip remained

in the game last night. I thought it was a

brilliant move on Julie's part to hide his shorts.

What that did was put Philip in "utra-whacky"

mode, stirring up the camp in the process. The

intent, of course, was to divert attention away

from Julie's team to Philip's. If she had not

confessed to stealing the shorts I wonder if
Philip would have been voted off tonight.

I do understand Matt's angle on all this.

Wouldn't it be cool if Philip came forward at

the end of the game and admitted his behavior

was all a sham. I know many of us have been

debating this throughout the game and if someone

were able to win the game by acting that way (or

get to the final 3) I think it would be a phenomenal

twist.

Visit our
imgrepo
DVD,
imgrepo
BLU-RAY and
imgrepo
3D REVIEW ARCHIVES

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas

I don't even understand how Philip remained

in the game last night. I thought it was a

brilliant move on Julie's part to hide his shorts.

What that did was put Philip in "utra-whacky"

mode, stirring up the camp in the process. The

intent, of course, was to divert attention away

from Julie's team to Philip's. If she had not

confessed to stealing the shorts I wonder if
Philip would have been voted off tonight.

This game is still being controlled by Rob. As long as the attention isn't on him (painful as it may be for everyone else), keeping Phillip around (or anyone else in Ometepe) is part of his game. I think everyone in Ometepe is still following Rob, they're just didn't show it as much in this past episode. I had a feeling Julie would be voted off this time around because Rob is still trying to get Matt off of Redemption Island. Julie is a firefighter, Steve didn't even try in the last immunity challenge and Ralph...well, he's Ralph. He spelled Phil's name as Phile on the ballot. Unless he was trying to say that Phil was vile, thus Phile (credit goes to a poster from the Television Without Pity forums for that idea).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hey Philip, the US military called, they want their medals back. I hope this is not some manifestion of PTSD on Philip's part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks