What's new

***The Official Survivor 4: The Marquesas *** thread (1 Viewer)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I have one little nit to pick with this episode:
During the immunity challenge, Jeff Probst told both tribes they wouldn't be provided with fire for the duration of the game, but at the very end of the episode after tribal council, the Maraamu tribe was walking back to camp with their torches lit?! (Unless someone makes them put them out before they get back to camp.) I guess we'll find out this week.
On another note, happy 100th post to me! :)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'm guessing that they are well aware that each tribe now has fire. Being that it wasn't raining it was not a big deal. I didn't notice them walking back with lit torches though.
I would have enjoyed doing Palua Tiga, but I don't envy any of these people. Their challenges are tough from the start and they have no food to speak of. Count me out. But I'll enjoy watching :).

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I guess if they had fire, it shouldn't be a big deal. It only noticed it when they showed the weekly overhead shot of them leaving the tribal council area (probably to get to the cars to take them back to camp!)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
E Online posted some Survivor secrets, one of which was that the tribe do some amount of walking (for the aerial shots), but for the bulk of the distance from their camp area to the tribal council, the survivors are driven by car to and from. So, I doubt any lit torches stay lit be the time the survivors get back to camp.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Does someone watch the fire that they make while they are away? Or do they make a big fire and just hope it stays lit?

So in other words, how do they keep a fire going while they're away from it?

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Good question Morgan. I'm going to pay attention tonight when they show the group gathering to head to the tribal council. Maybe we will get a look at whether they load the firepit with wood.

I checked out E Online. Thanks for the link Patrick. I have always wondered how none of the Survivors ever appear to have a nasty sunburn or if someone who needed regular medication could participate.

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
I got my picks in. This should be an interesting game and a good companion to the show.

Thanks again Scott for getting it started.

Tiffany A

Stunt Coordinator
Kathy or Patricia...that's my bet! Depends on which tribe gets immunity! Looks like it may be a good one tonite! Link Removed

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yay!!!!

Sarah didn't voted out of the tribe!

Looks like Rotu is a really cohesive unit in terms of the challenges, they are 3-0 now.

In the Rotu tribe, Kathy found shellfish for the tribe to eat, but they are put off by her drive to be the food gatherer, and confronted her (Gabriel was the one to do the talking). Kathy doesn't take this sort of thing well, but then she guilted the tribe to build some shelter from the rain. Then she was okay again. I hate this personality type (Kathy's). Robert was the weak link, was wuzzy from lack of food for a big guy. He say out of the reward challenge.

The Maraamu has a division of lazy vs the hardworking (Hunter/Gina/Patricia). Patricia was the bossy one for the past 3 days. Sarah was the lazy one, as well as Sean, who didn't like taking requests/orders from Hunter. Gina's pissed at the lazy ones.

In the reward challege (fishing gear - snorkel and mask), the tribes had to dump out the rocks from boats weighted down with them, and then dump the water out and make it to shore. Rotu killed Maraamu easily in this challenge.

In the immunity challenge, they all ate some nasty stuff, but at the end, it was a tie, so Neleh and Rob were selected to eat a bunch of the nasty meat stuff. Neleh looked like she was going to not be up to the challenge, but she got through. Rob was the big wuss and threw up what he tried to get down, this lost Maraamu the challenge.

When it was all said and done, the lazy ones outvoted the hard working ones, so Patricia got the boot over Sarah by a vote of 4 to 3. So now the lazy ones are in the driver's seat in the Maraamu tribe. This doesn't hold well for Gina, I fear, but we'll see.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Woohoo! Eye candy for another week! Nice coup d'etat against Hunter. This tribe is going down quicker than Sambo though, but I expect Sarah to ride it out to the merger while Hunter and the rest get knocked out

Steve Clark

Second Unit
What was with all the racism talk within the Maraamu Tribe. In a week where Charles Barkley made unfounded remarks concerning racism at Augusta, I did not need that. It has become quite obvious that the Maraamu is the idiot tribe for this Survivor edition. Sarah has become this series Lindsay. Let’s see, she gets votes at tribal council last week and still acts like a prima donna. Hunter has become a boss instead of a leader, as evidenced by the various splintering of the tribe. Rob is whipped and living between his legs. It appears both tribes do not like or want a bossy leader.

Hunter made a huge miscalculation. Instead of picking on Sarah, he should have went after Sean, who does not respect his authority. I am sure with some arm twisting and deal making Sean would have gotten five votes (Hunter, Patricia, Rob, Sarah, Gina). Then Hunter would have had a strong alliance with himself, Patricia and Gina and could have proceeded to pick off Vecepia, then Sarah, then Rob or Patricia. Hunter and Gina went from looking like locks, to having to beg for a broader alliance. The expression on Gina's face after finding out Sarah was not voted off was priceless. Sean and Vecepia need to wake up and realize they now have power and a chance to form an alliance with Rob and Sarah. With three alliances now of two members each, it will be so interesting to see which mini alliance loses.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Sean is just being a butthole. He is lazy and is trying to be stubborn. He called himself an "alpha male" so he is pretty much saying that if he doesn't get what he wants, then nobody gets anything. Granted, having the ONLY PERSON WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING boss you around (Hunter) is not exactly fun, but I mean come on, do some work. Hunter was in the Navy, which means he can do just about everything they need to do. Why not follow him around and do as he says? Does Sean, a teacher from Brooklyn, think he knows more about surviving in the wild and can do a better job as a leader than a guy who used to be in the Navy?

And same goes for Sarah. She is trying to help by suggesting things, but the fact that she just sits there and comes up with ideas and doesn't actually do anything is why people ignore her.

Kathy has guilt tripped people twice. Once for the fire, now for the shelter. She is trying to separate herself because she is either afraid of everyone not liking her if they get to know her, would rather ONLY be a food gatherer, or is homesick. Nonetheless, she should be more outgoing and contribute to the group on their terms, not hers. Giving and taking is not a good thing in Survivor, you should just try to give as much as possible and hope you get something in return.

Man, some people have BAD strategies.

Tiffany A

Stunt Coordinator
umm...think it is called "brain dead"!

I didn't get Sean and Vecepia doing the race card thing. I remember when Alicia and that black dude in the outback were just cool with everything.

The whole point of going out into the wilds like this is to put all that crap behind you. (Why would the producers even want to show it?) With this kind of thinking, a female would have never won! Think about it, I am right!

Maraamu may be the first tribe to be totally eliminated, thus making a merge needless! Anyone agree?

Steve Clark

Second Unit
Maraamu may be the first tribe to be totally eliminated, thus making a merge needless! Anyone agree?
Survivor Africa had a tribe going down hill fast when the show decided to change the rules in midstream (swapping two members of each tribe). Look for something similar this time. Right now, I can't imagine anyone from the M* tribe finishing in the money.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, 2 of the Maraamu's will be in the final 10 for the merge, so it'll be interesting which original Maraamu's it'll be.
You have to remember, these people were picked for their personality defects. If everyone was "cognizant" of their flaws, well, Survivor would really be boring and "scripted" but as it is, we tune in to watch personality train-wrecks each and every week in order to see how back backstabbing can be done in this game and still come out not-so-stinky.
Attention: Survivor will be on WEDNESDAY next week at 8 p.m. EST due to CBS showing the NCAA Basketball tournament games on Thursday night.

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
Well, Sarah survived for another week ... but the M* tribe looks to be done for. Better yet, I am on the board in the Yahoo draft!

The preview for next week doesn't bode well for M*, unless they have a bikini challenge for the immunity idol!

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
How'd everyone do in the Yahoo game??

I picked up 20 points for Patricia. I thought it would be her or Kathy.

Too bad about Patricia. I thought she might just squeak by - especially with the way Sarah was acting. I certainly wouldn't miss Sarah is she got the boot. Gina is much cuter than her.

I think Pat's right that the producers look for certain personality types for this show. The more dysfunctional the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks