What's new

***The Official Survivor 4: The Marquesas *** thread (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

I bet it did. I would have missed it if I hadn't read this thread, since I don't watch anything else on CBS except "Becker" and I didn't watch the previews for next week's show.

So stupid of them to do it on Sunday instead of Thursday.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Well, it seemed to do pretty well anyway. From the Internet Movie Database:
In one of the most competitive nights in recent TV history, the two-hour Survivor: Marquesas season finale scored a 13.8 rating and a 20 share Sunday and the Survivor: Marquesas Reunion show, an 11.7/17 to edge out NBC's two-hour The Cosby Show: A Look Back, which averaged a 13.0/19 and the series finale of Fox's The X-Files, which pulled a 9.7/14. ABC's telecast of the animated feature Dinosaur was well behind with a 5.9/7. CBS won the night with an average 12.7/19, followed by NBC with a 10.4/15. Fox was third with an 8.6/13, while ABC finished last, with a 7.9/12.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Considering that the past two airings of Survivor on Thursdays have scored 11.2/18 and 12.2/20, I would say that the 13.8/20 for the final episode on Sunday isn't that great. I would think they would've been able to pull in bigger numbers on Thursday, especially since they had to compete with the "Friends" season finale last week.

/Mike

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
Yes, but...

Sunday night is a more coveted night of the week.

What would CBS have placed against the other networks' big guns that evening otherwise?

Also, I thought I read that Thursday is outside the end of sweeps.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Someone said that earlier in the thread. It makes sense that it would be the reason they moved it. I just feel bad for all the people that followed the show and missed the final episode.

/Mike

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Well, I'm kind of disappointed that Kathy didn't take it, as I think she played the game the best being in a sort of odd man (person?) out for such a long time.
I couldn't believe how sour John, Rob, Tammy and even Zoe were during the Q&A. What were they expecting? That's they'd bring some of them along and that they'd be happy with finishing 5th or 6th? They all played very poorly and were not deserving of a car let alone $1 million.
I've never been to NY.... can the cabbies really produce a reciept that quickly? That was increadible! And is anyone else surprised that Jeff didn't pay for that ride with his "own personal Visa"?
Thank you Saturn! Saturn is the greatest! Yaaa Saturn and CBS! We love you Saturn!
smiley_puke2.gif

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Well, another Survivior season has ended, and I really enjoyed discussing the weekly advenutres with you all.

See you for Survivor 5!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I'm already looking forward to complaining about how hypocritical and stupid next season's contestants are! :)
See you there. :)
/Mike

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I think the starting surprise in Thailand might be either Girls vs Guys or random picking of tribes when they get there.

Do you guys think they'll have the mid game tribal switch, now that it wouldn't be a surprise? This may depend on what the starting surprise is, but I think they might drop it for something else this time.

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
About the whole rocks thing, it was sorta unfair, but then again, Paschal could've simply agreed with Vecepia and said Neleh should go, and save himself having to dig into the bag of rocks. I know Paschal would have never done that, and I would have to really go over it in my mind before making that kind of decision, but Paschal could've so easily done that and saved himself the ordeal. He didn't though, and as a result, set himself up as a target for possible torch snuffing.

Chris Lock

Second Unit
> I think the starting surprise in Thailand might be either Girls vs Guys or random picking of tribes when they get there.

I'm guessing some sort of challenge to sort the tribes and/or a more complicated entry. Maybe they'll all have to travel miles thru the jungle to get there... in their new Saturn Vues!

Let's hope the surprise isn't that Rosie will be camping with them (unless it involves a roast- literally).

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
For the mid-tribal switch, they should have the contestants do some sort of individual challenge, and based on the results, half go to one team, half to another, and they kick the person who places last out.

Chris Lock

Second Unit
A little off-topic, but last night's Celebrity Deathmatch on MTV had the casts of the first two Survivors in a royal rumble type fight. All 32 were suspended above the ring, & every so often the audience would vote another one into the match via keypads they were given. It started with Rudy vs. Colby, then Kelly dropped in with an oar (she's a river guide in real life), then Susan, etc. I'm not sure if this was a new episode, but MTV reruns stuff a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks