What's new

The Official Star Trek Music Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Wow, so a new version of the Motion Picture score that will sound better then the previous 3 disc set? I look forward to hearing it and seeing the new Directors Edition!

I don’t suppose for the price of the CD set, there would be high resolution FLAC files available for download? :)

Will Shawn Cassidy’s track be included? ;)

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Wow, so a new version of the Motion Picture score that will sound better then the previous 3 disc set? I look forward to hearing it and seeing the new Directors Edition!
The 1979 original album has been remixed, but the remaining cues are basically the same as the 2012 release. Mike Matessino has mentioned adjusting some minor things, but the majority of this new album matches the previous release. Having this score back in print is never a bad thing.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Hi Neil, I see, not only is the full score on Disc 1 and 2 as before, the original 9 track 1979 album is remixed.

Agreed it’s a good thing to have the score back in print.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
There are some slight sequencing changes and the 1979 album has been re-edited and re-mixed from the multitrack. The long version of the "Overture" previously opened disc 3 of the previous set.

Thank you for clarifying. I have the 3 cd set but will pick up this version too.

This cd is listened to me on a daily basis. My youngest son always asks for it and I also have it at work and it’s great music to work to.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Pass. This is good enough for me.

Attachments

• 20220217_091734.jpg
    20220217_091734.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 84

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
Fascinating article!!! I love reading the behind the scenes whys and wherefores. And it makes listening to their finished project that much richer. (The part about the Sony contract was something else!)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Fascinating article!!! I love reading the behind the scenes whys and wherefores. And it makes listening to their finished project that much richer. (The part about the Sony contract was something else!)

100% agreed!!!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
My copy of the new Star Trek The Motion Picture soundtrack set arrived yesterday. In looking at the listing of the titles, it looks like the Alternatives and Additional Music tracks are the ones removed from this set. I’m glad the The Early Unused Score tracks are retained, those are some of my favorites.

The discs appear to have arrived intact, I worry the padded envelopes will still get banged up or crushed. So I’ll open the disc and have a listen.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That’s true Travis. This is not a ding at La La Land. In the past, yes all my ordered are wrapped in layers of bubble wrap.

My order of the new Star Trek The Motion Picture CD set was in a padded envelope that’s a thin layer of bubble padding. So not as good as past orders. That‘s better then the Amazon envelopes as those have no padding!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks