What's new

The Official Star Trek Music Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Star Trek The Motion La La Picture edition, will be beaming down in April. Can't think why I just ... okay its only got 10.000 made.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Via La-La Land Records:

30% OFF SPECIAL! Now's the time to save at La-La Land and get 30% OFF YOUR ENTIRE PURCHASE! The discount will be applied to your order at checkout. (This special applies to in-stock items only and excludes the purchase of gift certificates). Offer is good through 4/30. Stay well, stay safe... and, in the meantime, listen to some great film music!

SHIPPING NOTICE: Given the current pandemic issues, please be patient with shipping. We are working safely to get orders out in a timely fashion, but we respectfully ask customers wait up to 4 weeks to inquire about packages not yet received. All such inquiries should be make to [email protected] -- Thank you

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Via La-La Land Records:

30% OFF SPECIAL! Now's the time to save at La-La Land and get 30% OFF YOUR ENTIRE PURCHASE! The discount will be applied to your order at checkout. (This special applies to in-stock items only and excludes the purchase of gift certificates). Offer is good through 4/30. Stay well, stay safe... and, in the meantime, listen to some great film music!

SHIPPING NOTICE: Given the current pandemic issues, please be patient with shipping. We are working safely to get orders out in a timely fashion, but we respectfully ask customers wait up to 4 weeks to inquire about packages not yet received. All such inquiries should be make to [email protected] -- Thank you
Last few days for great deals on great products! To keep it relevant to Trek, you can get the 15 disc TOS soundtrack for under $160 or the fun record that's die-cut in the shape of a Starfleet logo for less than $20.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Last few days for great deals on great products! To keep it relevant to Trek, you can get the 15 disc TOS soundtrack for under $160 or the fun record that's die-cut in the shape of a Starfleet logo for less than $20.
Sale extended until May 31! In case anyone is wondering, I don't work for La La Land- I'm just a big fan. :)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That 15 disc Trek set is wonderful - my wife gave it to me as a wedding present! And by coincidence, I was listening to it several years later at the moment when she told me I was going to be a father.

I can’t promise buying the set will lead you to a happy marriage and a wonderful family, but I can’t say it won’t either :D

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Oh no, I’m sorry to hear that the Star Trek TOS box set is sold out! It was bound to happen of course. I’m very glad to have purchased the set on Day One and I have enjoyed it very much! Thanks Neil for helping to make it happen. I imagine the 50th Anniversary collection is still available.

I hope someday soon, you can get a James Bond box set made!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Oh no, I’m sorry to hear that the Star Trek TOS box set is sold out! It was bound to happen of course. I’m very glad to have purchased the set on Day One and I have enjoyed it very much! Thanks Neil for helping to make it happen. I imagine the 50th Anniversary collection is still available.

Same! It is a fantastic set and I dip into it at least once a week. The same goes for the Ron Jones TNG set...memorable music I can almost always place into specific episodes and scenes.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Josh, I haven’t had a chance to open that Superman 3 CD set yet. Thanks for the encouragement and advise to pick it up though and I should find time to give it a listen.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
In other news, the Star Trek TOS box set has now sold out from La-La Land Records.
Now do The Twilight Zone! :)

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear that the Star Trek TOS box set is sold out! It was bound to happen of course.
If anyone missed it, Screen Archives Entertainment still has it. It's not 30% off but it'll probably be better than what the eBay scalper prices are going to shoot up to.

Josh, I haven’t had a chance to open that Superman 3 CD set yet. Thanks for the encouragement and advise to pick it up though and I should find time to give it a listen.
Superman is possibly John Williams most incredible score and that's coming from someone who is a dangerously fanatical Star Wars and Jaws fan.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Superman is possibly John Williams most incredible score and that's coming from someone who is a dangerously fanatical Star Wars and Jaws fan

I agree completely. And don’t forget the Indy theme, which for me is up there with SW and Jaws. But that Superman is in a league of its own.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
FYI, I recieved an order from La La Land Records a couple of days ago. ( after letting it sit a couple of days before opening it ). I still wiped the outer shrink wrap down with a bleach solution, just in case. :)

Upon opening the box, it was a very pleasant surprise to find an extra disc in a thin plastic jewel case, I had ordered the Star Trek Voyager Collection Volume 2 box and the corrected 4th disc is included. Glad I waited for the sale so this disc was included.

I was thinking that this Voyager and earlier Star Trek TNG, Voyager, DS9 and Enterprise and other TV shows are released as collections. I imagine it’s a potentially difficult sale to make an expensive box set with a complete set of scores like the Star Trek TOS sound track box set. That was a really special release and a wonderful set to have. The new Star Trek spin-off series collections are nice. I like the themed ones like the Best of Both Worlds set from years ago. To be honest though, all the music from the new Star Trek series are not as completely memorable as the TOS scores. Maybe because the series was only three seasons, more so though was because the music had so much character and not the background sounds that Berman dictated in the new series. Though the big yellow Ron Jones box set has quite a few memorable scores.

I also ordered the box set of Superman 2 and 3 and the Superman 4 disc to complete the new Superman releases. ( I had ordered the La La Land Superman: The Movie 3 CD set last year) I feel a little bad for double dipping as I have the big blue box set from Filmscore Monthly that Lukas Kendall worked so hard on. I remember how angry he was when someone put the whole set up for free downloads. But I know that box still has things in it that’s not in the new releases. Now that I have all the new Superman La La Land releases, I should finally open the first set to listen to. :)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Still eyeing the expanded versions of beyond and into darkness.

does varese run holiday sales? I’m on their newsletter but don’t recall seeing them very often.

thanks!

sold my voyage home expanded cd today for $90. I guess those are rare and out of print

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks