What's new

The Official Star Trek Music Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Neil for this heads-up!

With the holidays just passed, I’d totally lost track of this release. Do you know if we order the set now, will the set have the correct disc 4?

I don’t know if there was news of this before, it is great that La La Land is being pro-active on replacing the error on this release. I wish other labels would be this quick to help customers.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Thanks Neil for this heads-up!

With the holidays just passed, I’d totally lost track of this release. Do you know if we order the set now, will the set have the correct disc 4?

I don’t know if there was news of this before, it is great that La La Land is being pro-active on replacing the error on this release. I wish other labels would be this quick to help customers.
People are getting the replacement disc now.

Neil

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
Has anyone ever seen a copy of the undiscovered country on vinyl lp?
Not to rain on your parade, but this was a digital recording. As evident below:
mbid-02aec20c-d90d-46d0-a2a9-f7e03069e647-9506921491.jpg

Not sure what sonic improvement would benefit from a vinyl release. Would be a nice collectable.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss

Not sure what sonic improvement would benefit from a vinyl release. Would be a nice collectable.
It’s possible the vinyl release took advantage of the remastering done for the expanded release by Intrada (“Complete score mastered from Mitsubishi digital 2-track stereo session masters recorded at 20th Century Fox, trailers mixed from 2" 24-track analog masters recorded at Sony Pictures”)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim

It would be fun to listen to it and compare.
Time to put in the film or the expanded cd. It’s been a while (long time)!

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Ah. I’d assumed it was a new pressing. There’s been quite a resurgence of good scores on Vinyl. I guess The Undiscovered Country hasn’t been given that treatment.

But if they do, and use the work that Intrada did for the terrific 2-CD release, it would sound better.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Ah. I’d assumed it was a new pressing. There’s been quite a resurgence of good scores on Vinyl. I guess The Undiscovered Country hasn’t been given that treatment.

But if they do, and use the work that Intrada did for the terrific 2-CD release, it would sound better.

it’s crazy that there was a vinyl release in 1992 and only in Brazil.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
I have the La-La Land expanded ST:TMP on vinyl
R-10017809-1490495252-4489.jpeg.jpg

, and the Mondo ST; TWOK with the mutara nebula colored vinyl.
james-horner-star-trek-ii-the-wrath-of-khan.png

I'm sure I would grab a vinyl issue of STVI as well. A superb score and wonderful listening experience in the original album presentation.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I have the La-La Land expanded ST:TMP on vinyl
R-10017809-1490495252-4489.jpeg.jpg

, and the Mondo ST; TWOK with the mutara nebula colored vinyl.
james-horner-star-trek-ii-the-wrath-of-khan.png

I'm sure I would grab a vinyl issue of STVI as well. A superb score and wonderful listening experience in the original album presentation.

agreed!

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Star Trek VI was a 16-bit/48kHz digital recording. The data from the tapes was captured at that rate and all work for disc 1 of the Intrada release was done at that rate. Disc 2 (the original album) was from a 16-bit/44.1 digital master. You can see blurry pictures of the tapes here.

Neil

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Star Trek VI was a 16-bit/48kHz digital recording. The data from the tapes was captured at that rate and all work for disc 1 of the Intrada release was done at that rate. Disc 2 (the original album) was from a 16-bit/44.1 digital master. You can see blurry pictures of the tapes here.

Neil

we need some blurry pictures of the Moonraker soundtrack tapes. (As well as Golden Gun, spy who loved me, octopussy, a view to a kill and license to kill.....)
I’d gladly rebuy all of the 007 soundtracks done as 2 disc expanded sets with new mastering. $30 each would be fine with me.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I have the expanded versions of into darkness and beyond in my cart.

trying to decide if I need them and that I need to to spend $50 for them....

I just started watching all of the films again this week....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks