What's new

The Official Star Trek Music Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
On a related note, I was blindly picking albums on my iPod and picked the score for The Trouble With Tribbles. It one the scores I listened to least. So it was a pleasant surprise!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Loving the box set so far! Great stuff!
I want to sit down and look at all the notes and inserts but there is no time right now.
I’ve listened to 3 discs so far. The cage / where no man disc 1 from season 1. Then the first 2 discs from season 3.

I loved hearing the music to patterns of force! I love that one and wore my vhs out as a kid.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You got the set pretty fast Osato. Glad you are enjoying it. There’s some fun stuff on the 5th disc, that’s the last season one disc like the music played on The Squire of Gothos. ‘Why I don’t know how to play this”. ‘Of course you do!”

And the third season discs has some fun stuff like the Brahms piece from Requim for Methuselah.

Enjoy the set!

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I'm really glad you're enjoying the set. I remember when I was a kid, I used to tape Star Trek with an audio cassette recorder off the TV speaker just to hear the music. Who knew when I grew up I'd have this mind blowing comprehensive collection in such fidelity. I still can't believe it sometimes.

You're gonna have so much fun listening.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Loving the box set so far! Great stuff!
I want to sit down and look at all the notes and inserts but there is no time right now.
I’ve listened to 3 discs so far. The cage / where no man disc 1 from season 1. Then the first 2 discs from season 3.

Woo hoo! The only downside I have when listening to this set or the Ron Jones box is an insane need to binge watch every episode of TOS or TNG at the same time. (That's not really a downside, but ya know...)

I don't regret any of my Trek CD purchases. They're all lined up on the shelf, nice and neat, and have their place in iTunes. Despite how many tracks there are between the two sets, these are items which are always on my phone as downloads...not even Star Wars has that honor.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Looks like there was a vinyl in Brazil:

https://www.discogs.com/Cliff-Eidelman-Star-Trek-VI-The-Undiscovered-Country/release/7849674

R-7849674-1498286906-3217.jpeg.jpg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I finally picked up the 50th anniversary set during the sale they just had at Lalaland.

I ordered a gift certificate too but unfortunately they haven’t sent it yet and haven’t responded to customer service emails about it yet :(

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Shoot! And I paid real money for a copy last year.

Thanks Neil. If only I’d waited, but never expected this to come back.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Shoot! And I paid real money for a copy last year.

Thanks Neil. If only I’d waited, but never expected this to come back.

Great news on the reissue.

I haven’t listened to these newer Trek scores as much as I should.
I listened to the first one in 2009 the most by far.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
All three of those scores are great, but I particularly love Giacchino’s piano reworking of his theme for the captain’s log entry near the beginning of Beyond.

And his pun laden track titles are usually worth a smile.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
I'm surprised no one mentioned the new Voyager album from La-La Land Records.

https://lalalandrecords.com/star-trek-voyager-collection-vol-2-limited-edition-4-cd-set/

VOYAGER VOL 2 DISC 4 REPLACEMENT: There is an error on Disc 4 of our STAR TREK VOYAGER VOL 2 set, concerning Track 28 (wrong cue). We are correcting this mistake and issuing a replacement disc (starting in January 2020) to those who have purchased this set from our site or anywhere else. To get a corrected Disc 4, e-mail us at [email protected] with the subject heading VOYAGER DISC REPLACEMENT. You must include in the e-mail your name and full mailing address. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks