What's new

The Official Star Trek Music Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I think Jerry Goldsmith's birthday is today. I listened to "The Enterprise" from TMP score in tribute.

I also got an email from Amazon. I know when it starts "Good news!" that it is anything but. They said the shipping date on my Orville soundtrack has been pushed back but for all the world they tried to make it sound like good news.

Amazon is what it is.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I think Jerry Goldsmith's birthday is today. I listened to "The Enterprise" from TMP score in tribute.

I also got an email from Amazon. I know when it starts "Good news!" that it is anything but. They said the shipping date on my Orville soundtrack has been pushed back but for all the world they tried to make it sound like good news.

Amazon is what it is.

Love the motion picture score! Happy birthday Jerry! You are missed!

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I’m loving the inglorious treksperts podcast episode on the music of Star Trek!!!

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
La la land has the box set on sale for $180...

I’m trying to be diligent with saving for UHd tv. But this is tempting...

Grr!!!!

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

Grr!!!!

If you don’t have it, and if you enjoy listening to original scores and soundtracks, it’s an essential purchase and well worth the cost. Mine was actually a wedding day gift from my wife - that’s how you know you’ve found the right person!

But if you get it you won’t regret it.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Osato- yes it’s a pricey set. I thought of you when I saw that sale. I’ll again repeat what Josh said, it’s worth it and a great set. Also consider that it’s a limited run. So you may miss out. I’ve been spending some money on chasing down soundtracks that sold out or I didn’t know about and missed.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan

Grr!!!!

Let me add my voice to the others. If you can at all swing it, you should. It is arguably the greatest TV soundtrack set ever released. It has treasures that reward repeated listening.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I’m trying to place my order today. I am having problems and have contacted la la land as well via email. Their phone system goes to fax?
My problem is that when I go to place the order I am told that there is a problem delivering to my home address. I tried my work address as well and am having the same issue error message appears.

I used my iPhone initially and then used chrome on a MacBook Pro.

Hopefully they respond soon.

Is anyone else familiar with this error screen occurring??

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Osato- great news you’re going for the set! The only time I ever had a problem like what you’re describing is when I tried to order an iPhone from the Apple Store app. I’ve never had that kind of problem from the La La Land site. In fact the last time I ordered, it was really easy. I know it’s not the first time for you to buy stuff from them. I hope you can sort that out.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I’m trying to place my order today. I am having problems and have contacted la la land as well via email. Their phone system goes to fax?
My problem is that when I go to place the order I am told that there is a problem delivering to my home address. I tried my work address as well and am having the same issue error message appears.

Unless your trying to ship it to an APO or a PO box, I am not sure what the problem could be, unless your billing address and shipping address don't jibe. But even then, I don't see why that would matter.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss

The last time I read about that issue it was related to an item in the order being listed (correctly or not) as being out of stock. Is the TOS box the only item in your order?

LLL is terrific about responding/resolving issues so hopefully they’ve already taken care of you :)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The last time I read about that issue it was related to an item in the order being listed (correctly or not) as being out of stock. Is the TOS box the only item in your order?

LLL is terrific about responding/resolving issues so hopefully they’ve already taken care of you :)

Yes it is. I have ordered from them before as well with no issues.
I was contacted and they are looking into the problem.
I previously tried safari on my iPhone and then I tried the website on my MacBook Pro too. Both times I received the address error message. I recently ordered the world is not enough soundtrack last November and had no issues placing the order.

Hopefully it is resolved soon.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Yes it is. I have ordered from them before as well with no issues.
I was contacted and they are looking into the problem.
I previously tried safari on my iPhone and then I tried the website on my MacBook Pro too. Both times I received the address error message. I recently ordered the world is not enough soundtrack last November and had no issues placing the order.

Hopefully it is resolved soon.

Resolved and ordered.

The inglorious treksperts should get a percentage of the sale. Their promotion and high praise of the set really got me thinking about buying it again.

Also thanks for all the feedback on this forum about the set too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks