What's new

The Official Star Trek Music Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads up Neil. I actually bought the deluxe Nemesis last year. That really is a great price! I’m still wondering if an SACD version actually existed as I thought I saw that.

Agreed Osato, the score is the usual Goldsmith high standards.

I did open up the Star Trek 2009 Deluxe Edition art and I had a listen. Overall it was a good listen. Nice to have the whole thing. Though not being totally familiar how some of the tracks sound in the film, some tracks where hard to place. One thing though, somebody reel In Giacchino and his track names. Some are over the top! Though the TOS soundtrack had a few funny titles. Giacchino seems to get carried away.

I’ll be getting to Into Darkness and Beyond next.

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
If anyone still wants the Deluxe Edition of Star Trek: Nemesis, Varese has it on sale right now for $8.
And if anyone still hasn't purchased them, The Star Trek Deep Space Nine Collection and Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Ron Jones Project are both at a low quantity.

http://www.lalalandrecords.com/Site/DS9.html
Star_Trek_DS9_coverWeb.jpg

http://www4.screenarchives.com/titl...T-GENERATION-THE-RON-JONES-PROJECT-1987-1999/
STTNGboxshot350.jpg

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
There was an SACD of the original Nemesis soundtrack album, not the expanded re-issue.

I thought all the first standard editions of the Nemesis CD were a Hybrid of SACD and redbook. My copy of The Great Train Robbery from around the same time is. I'm pretty sure my copy of Nemesis from Jerry Goldsmith - The Last Recordings was. It has been a few years. Maybe another Star Trek soundtrack from Varese Sarabande was a Hybrid. I know I kept my old CD's for a reason.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I thought all the first standard editions of the Nemesis CD were a Hybrid of SACD and redbook. My copy of The Great Train Robbery from around the same time is. I'm pretty sure my copy of Nemesis from Jerry Goldsmith - The Last Recordings was. It has been a few years. Maybe another Star Trek soundtrack from Varese Sarabande was a Hybrid. I know I kept my old CD's for a reason.

I found this. The sacd release was in February of 2003.

http://www.highfidelityreview.com/star-trek-nemesis-coming-to-multichannel-sacd.html

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Neil. It was good to read some reviews of the SACD. I was curious about its quality. Too bad it’s not the full score.

Carabimero

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I just got the 2-disc Goldsmith score for NEMESIS. Again, thanks so much for the heads-up. I've listened to it twice so far and am very grateful to have it.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
So I noticed that iTunes has the star trek box set split up into albums.
It depends on how much you think you would want to immerse yourself into the music. The box set has many alternate arrangements used for library spotting in latter episodes that I listen to and enjoy as much as the main scores. And music composed by Alexander Courage and Joseph Mullendore specifically for library use. I don't know if these are part of the itunes album package.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
It depends on how much you think you would want to immerse yourself into the music. The box set has many alternate arrangements used for library spotting in latter episodes that I listen to and enjoy as much as the main scores. And music composed by Alexander Courage and Joseph Mullendore specifically for library use. I don't know if these are part of the itunes album package.

Got it. Yeah this is what I’m trying to figure out. I did a search to compare but most of the entries are about the physical box set.

I’ll pull each of the digital album iTunes pages and compare with the physical set.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
So I noticed that iTunes has the star trek box set split up into albums. Each $9.99.

Does anyone know if all the box set music is included with these??

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/star-trek-the-original-series-soundtrack-collection/968911307

It's everything in the box set except for: The Cage, Where No Man Has Gone Before, Amok Time and The Doomsday Machine. La-La Land Records does not have digital rights to those scores.

As mentioned, the deal right now is the one for Lukas's indiegogo campaign. Under $200 (with shipping) and you get all of it, plus the animated series.

Neil

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
It's everything in the box set except for: The Cage, Where No Man Has Gone Before, Amok Time and The Doomsday Machine. La-La Land Records does not have digital rights to those scores.
Is there a particular reason why GNP Crescendo I assume would retain the rights to those four scores and not the other two they released?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks