The official Resident Evil Trailer is censured

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Julian Nior, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Julian Nior

Julian Nior Extra

2. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    Are they suggesting that the zombies in the "official" trailer have a royal lineage?

Truly bizarre....

Apparently this is the same reason that the "blood" in the Evil dead films is not red, they were trying to avoid the MPAA stamp of "X" (at the time). Or was it another film?

3. Les Samuel

Les Samuel Stunt Coordinator

Yuck, Yuck, Yuck....I knew it, this film is NOT going to be good. Jesus I wanted to like it, oh well hope I am wrong [​IMG]
    Where's the spooky music.......damn [​IMG]

4. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

I got a perfectly damn good reason why it was edited out:
    Theaters will usually only show green band (all audiences admitted) trailers and rarely red band trailers. Would you like tons of people to see the green band trailer or a few people to see the red band trailer? If a trailer shows a woman getting cut in half due to an elevator, it's going to get a red band trailer and most likely not be shown in theaters.
    I'd also bet good money that the blue blood effect was for the trailer and the trailer only (maybe you can't show lots of red blood in a green band trailer). Paul Anderson said he wants this film to be a hard R, and if he wants to follow the video game, he'll be using red blood.
    EDIT
    Using my poor photoshop skills, if they put the scene the scene like it originally was, like here:
    [​IMG]
    The MPAA would make the trailer red band due to their restrictions. Sad, but it's true. [​IMG]
    But, if you start changing the colors around, you can have something like this:
    [​IMG]
    And the trailer will now be seen by lots of people when they go to the movies.

5. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Haven't heard anything bad about the movie, and an edited trailer means nothing to me about the actual movie.

I can see why they would edit it. No biggie.

6. Todd Beachler

Todd Beachler Stunt Coordinator