What's new

The Official Knights of the Old Republic "Help!" Thread: Warning Spoilers Ahead!!! (1 Viewer)

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
I think the appearance of the Mandolorians on Dantooine is random. I was on my way back to the Jedi building from another task I had been doing and just ran into the leader's group even though I was pretty sure I had already checked that area earlier.
Hmmm. Maybe I'll check the bioware forums. I'll report back if I find anything.

BrianS

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't seen a light saber yet. I must be playing really slow. I finally got down to the lower level where the sewers are but once i got the serum I decided to be a nice guy and return it to the doctor dude. Being a good jedi is tough (although I have been killing bounty hunters left and right and getting the rewards). Since I went back to the upper city I have decided to beat all the duelists before I head back down. That has been a little tougher than I was expecting. I am finally at the psycho Greedo.

Anybody help the girl out by dancing with her in her audition at the lower cantina? Damn...what moves! John Travolta I was not. I was laughing my ass off. After helping the wench get her job, she then sees the bright lights & dumps me! But boy did I trip the light fantastic!

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I think the appearance of the Mandolorians on Dantooine is random. I was on my way back to the Jedi building from another task I had been doing and just ran into the leader's group even though I was pretty sure I had already checked that area earlier.
The leader should be pretty easily found around the time you start handling the estate conflict on Dantooine between the Matale and Sandral house. I happened upon the Mandalorian leader shortly before completing that quest. (I believe he was in the grove area but I honestly cant remember).

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I beat it yesterday and had to do some intense studying yesterday through this morn (got about 5 hours of sleep) to make up for what it cost me, but it was worth it. I didn't: fight in the arena, do either bounty hunting mission set, find Mission's brother. If you have questions about anything else, feel free to ask. Oh, I was light by the way.

I found that the most satisfying way (for me, at least) was to be a soldier/guardian, put most of my skill points into persuade with some in treat injury(trust me, 99% of the time you can get someone else to do all the technical stuff). Attributes should emphasize strength, dex, and int (for skill points). Con is also good. For feats, don't bother with any blaster feats. You will be far more effective in melee even in the beginning, and once you get the saber, who wants to go back to blasters? I highly recommend two weapon fighting. Flurry, toughness, and power strike are all good early on. Later, force speed is invaluable. The blaster bolt deflect one is pretty good, obviously lightsaber focus/specialization is good. For powers, the stun path and droid destroy path are good, cure is useful, affect mind is good if you haven't pumped your persuade (but don't use it without good reason!), force immunity is pretty good.

Fighting with two lightsabers master speed with good crystals in the sabers will kill anything within 1-2 rounds. I was angry because there's a scripted boss fight where I was beating the snot out of the guy but he said, "Oh look at that! Your force immunity magically failed and I have stunned you! Later!"

I found the Mandalorian leader after I had come back from Tatooine to drop off the stowaway, he was down by where the murder trial is, east of the bridge I think. It's on the southernmost part of the map, IIRC.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
The Mandalorian leader is random; I found him in the grove, which I'd visted numerous times after completeing the other quests, but I decided to go down to the Cave area one last time, in case I missed something, and oh look, there he is. Fooey.

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
I haven't seen a light saber yet. I must be playing really slow.
I'm right there with you Brian. I've played about 12 hours and I'm still on Taris, but closer to the end (I think). I've got one or two sidequests to go, then it's off to the rest of the galaxy.

This game f'in rules. I finally figured out that hitting "X" instead of "A" allows you to que the commands, sure is helpful.

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up a lightsaber right after I freed Bastila, but it is not available to me yet. I guess there is some training coming up soon .
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Howie A

Second Unit
I think I have run into a problem.. help please?
We all know the disputing fathers and the son and daughter who are in love and want to run off together. Right? Well I think I went to the wrong house first and dealt with the issue and saved the boy. The fathers confronted each other all that.. Now I made my way to the other house and the father asked if I can find his son..Uh dude you just made him run of with that female due to you wonderful fatherhood skills and smooth talking.. I thought if I spoke to him a few times it would give me an option to tell he that they ran off together and that he is no longer being held captive by the other father. After not getting anywhere with this guy I made my way back to the house where the confrontations between families took place and I can no longer get inside.. Not even thought the back door..
Do you think there is a way to complete this quest some how, or am I missing something?

Bryan_ZZ

Stunt Coordinator
Ouch! I need 2000 credits for the droid. I am beginning to see that crime does indeed pay, and you can have a boat load of "thank you"s that aren't worth one damn credit.

Why am I a good guy? :confused: Someone please remind me before I start cracking some skulls!!

Jake Gove

Second Unit
I got the shop owner to haggle down to 1500 for the droid. But the game crashed and I went back and just told her I was taking it for free. One dark side point can't be that bad ...

James T

Screenwriter
I didn't pay any docking fee on Tatooine. I just persuaded the guy by telling him I'll buy some stuff on the planet to cover the cost.

Has anyone passed the Maanan(sp?) planet?
I passed it, but I'm curious about the differnt options....
When trying to find a way to the sith embassy, I wanted to interrogate the prisoner, but didn't succeed. I know there's some kind of combination because I'm able to succeed using his wife as an option. But the other two, I have no idea. I tried a bunch of combinations, but I kept 'failing'. But since I'm a lot better at math than interrogations, I got what I needed through the sequences quite easily.

Also, my second questin is, when 'using' the harvester, how does the toxin work differnetly in terms of the story? The republic didn't really like what I did w/o the use of the toxin.

Shaun Lynde

Auditioning
Can any of you who are playing on the light side tell me how I can get moisture evaporators for the Sand People? The Chieftan told me to ask Czerka Corp for them, but the company officer told me she wanted the Sand People dead.

Is the remains of Bastila's father in the Dune Sea or Eastern Dune Sea areas? I have searched the Dune Sea and did not find it.

ShaunB

Auditioning
Hello all

Reading this thread seems as everyone is on a different planet than me. Oh well hell I don't even remember being able to pick it, but I guess I was so stoked to start..anyway. I have made it to the Sith Governor on Taris, and he is wiping the floor with me. I've tried staying at a distance, but he just freezes everyone in my party and walks up and smokes us. So does anyone know how to get past him?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

James St

Supporting Actor
Shaun, I was able to beat him by using adhesive grenades to keep him stationary and using my force powers(force lightning is a wonderful thing:)). Try to keep your distance as long as you can.

Well just when you thought this game couldn't get any better. I just escaped the Leviathan and wow what an experience that was. I'll leave it at that.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks