What's new

The Official HTF Cat Thread (4 Viewers)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I think the cat is a bit pissed off we are home so much. We are not being quiet enough for him. He sleeps in our bed room during the day and I over stepped my bounds the other day by turning on the radio in the room when I was putting away laundry! His pupils got blacker and blacker as he gave me the stink eye! I think he was about to turn into his alter ego of “Bighty Jones”!

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I've been taking advantage of the warmer weather the last two days, replacing the main drip lines in the front and back yard. Today, I needed to dig a trench to pull a line to replace it. The trench was dug, and I needed to grab a tool. When I returned, I found Torty, one of our ferals, down in the trench and peering out over the top. She took off almost immediately when she saw me. Several moments later, I was preparing the new line before laying it in the trench while sitting on the nearby bench, when Creamy, another feral, decided to inspect my work. They are such characters....

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Caturday, March 37th

E2766787-2FA6-43D3-9F6B-A2096026A92F.jpeg

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I've some sad news to post, I've been saving it up.

On December 31, 2019. We said goodbye to Tigger. He was 19 but we only had him a few months. His Mom died and he lost the only home he had ever had. We learned Tigger was devoted to her. We brought him into our home and family and he learned bit by bit, to trust and love us. I often asked him if his heart still ached for his only mom. I wish he could have answered me. The photo makes him seem a little ominous, but he was a sweetheart.
upload_2020-4-15_9-57-43.jpeg

On January 29, 2020, we said goodbye to Ginger. Almost 19 years ago, we had adopted her out of a collector's house along with her brother Sam (who was not blessed with Ginger's health and is long gone). She was 19 when she passed and rarely made a visit to a vet. That was good because Ginger was a "don't you do anything to me!" cat. We couldn't pill her, we couldn't clips her nails, it was an adventure just getting her any a carrier. She was still a lover. Ginger would holler at me to pet her and would roll onto her back to have her tummy scratched. She got a treat of babyhood twice a day and would really vocalize when we offered it. The picture shows a sassy look and that's good, because she was independent.
upload_2020-4-15_10-11-42.png

Finally, today, we said goodby to Norman, in the peace and comfort of his forever home. Norman was about 12 and he and his sister, Margo, who is still going strong. Norman was an affectionate cat. He often slept in bed, on my chest. He is an extremely special cat in our memories. When Norman and Margo were kittens and teenagers, we called them Stormin' Norman and Hurricane Margo.
upload_2020-4-15_10-16-17.jpeg

upload_2020-4-15_10-19-9.jpeg

We gave all these babies our love and care. They are remembered. Of all our cats we've said goodby to, I wish all could pass like Ginger. In the morning she was hollering for her babyhood treat and for her second one in the evening. Then in the late evening, her renal system crashed. We took her to the vet and said goodbye. She had one bad day and was gone. Way to do it Ginger.

I forgot to mention, that Norman was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy over a year ago and had such bad stomatitis that his life wasn't worth living. We started giving him a daily steroid injection which took care of the stomatitis, but gave him diabetes. So we gave him insulin. In the last week we knew the time was near for decide his quality of life was too low.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
So sorry. A very tough stretch on top of everything else going on. Beautiful pictures that will trigger beautiful memories.
Once the hurt goes away, the memories will be happier. They came from stardust and have returned to stardust.
:emoji_broken_heart:

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
And THAT'S what it's all about, ain't it, Johnny?

And they gave it back to you.

God bless you and the help you give to so many animals. :thumbsup:
Even on a day like today, we remain in their debt, they just warm our hearts over and above the hurt.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
@questrider Is simon as sweet as he is beautiful?

Simon is 95% sweet and 5% stinker. Like all cats, I suppose. ;) :D

Seriously, though, his stinker side is that he likes to bite occasionally. It's not malicious, he's just had an oral fixation since he was a kitten and when he gets overstimulated he'll just bite indiscriminately. He never breaks the skin or anything but sometimes it just surprises me because it will be rather abrupt and hard. When he was a kitten I worked on breaking him of it by not playing with him at all with my hands so that he never got the idea that they were toys. In the last five-to-six months now that he's maturing out of kittenhood and nearing four years old he's gotten a lot better about it so it happens very rarely and a lot less than before. Still, I have taken note of his behavior when he's about to do it so I can detect it better than before but he'll still catch me off guard sometimes. He's just one of those cats that you should really let pet themselves and not move your hands too much behind his head. However, when he crawls up in my lap and lays down I can pet him rather aggressively and he never bites then. It's just got to be on his terms!

I've had 12 cats in my lifetime and none of them were biters until him. I don't like it but it's just something I respect about him now that I know the warning signs of when it's about to happen.

This is his sweet side though. He loves to burrow into blankets to nap inside of them!

simon_30.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks