Real Name
Dave Moritz
Angelina 10_19_2010aaaaa.jpg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
P1050482_resized.jpg

I've been fostering Wally and Kira for about 3 weeks now. They will be going for their check-up tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure they will have made the weight to be spayed/neutered. Wally is a bundle of energy and he can barely stand still long enough to eat a lot. He takes a little stroll around the floor before continuing to eat. Kira is an absolute sweetie and VERY curious about the human. She doesn't mind being petted or held (for short periods). She usually gets distracted by Wally and wants to jump down to play.

David, Simba is adorable!!!!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Farewell, Shaggy. One sweet cat. He's was with our family for almost 11 years, but was thought to be about 4 years old when adopted, which would put him around 15-ish. Very loving and sweet personality, I never knew him to scratch, bite, or hiss at any person, be it family or visitors. He loved to sleep by the Christmas tree, and we were happy that he was able to be with us through the recent holidays, but it was time to let him go.

Shaggy Christmas.jpg

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Always such a sad time...but also congrats on enjoying each other's company for such a long time, Malcolm.
Thanks. Yeah, we've been fortunate to have pretty long-lived cats over the years. Our first cat I remember lived about 19 years, the next about 18, and Shaggy made it almost 15. The only downside is that none of them have passed naturally. We've had to make "the decision" for all three. :(

Shaggy was sleeping on my lap for a while on New Year's Day and he seemed to be so small compared to the muscular barrel of fuzz he was in his prime.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Thanks. Yeah, we've been fortunate to have pretty long-lived cats over the years. Our first cat I remember lived about 19 years, the next about 18, and Shaggy made it almost 15. The only downside is that none of them have passed naturally. We've had to make "the decision" for all three. :(

Shaggy was sleeping on my lap for a while on New Year's Day and he seemed to be so small compared to the muscular barrel of fuzz he was in his prime.
Having to make the decision is usual for us. You’re not alone.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
So sorry for your loss of Shaggy, Malcolm.

These are my 2 newest foster kitties, Taffy and Chloe. They will be going in for their check-up in a day or two and I expect them to have made 2 lbs. and be accepted back. These 2 were turned in as strays (part of a litter of 5), but have been very friendly from the start. They love being held and petted. Taffy talks a lot and always wants attention -- stepping on Chloe to get to me if necessary. The quiet Chloe seems a bit more adventurous and curious, though.

P1060014_resized.jpg

On New Year's Eve, I sat with the kitties from about 11:15 in case they got freaked by the firecrackers. They were really laid back about it and only sat up to listen when the cacophony hit at midnight.
20200101_001247_resized.jpg

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
Chloe and Taffy were accepted back on Wednesday and it appears both have already been adopted!! I miss them! That's the hard part of fostering. Chloe was one of my favorites -- one of the mellowest young kittens I've fostered. And Taffy had a comment for everything!! :lol:

I had to make a notation to the Humane Society that these kitties and all my previous ones have HATED Hill's Science Diet canned food. This is the only brand they feed the kitties. Chloe and Taffy wouldn't eat for the first 36 hours with me (who knows how long before I picked them up) and were both hacking up clear liquid. I took them in right away for a check-up and they were deemed OK. When I finally offered them Friskies out of desperation, they ate like they were starving. I tried all 3 flavors of Hill's and they would rather starve. I could only "sneak" in a tiny bit in the Friskies to try to transition them. At least Taffy and Chloe were adopted, so their families can serve them whatever they prefer. My friend's cat also hates Hill's Science. The Humane Society must be getting it at a super discount because nobody will buy it from the store!!!

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Chloe and Taffy were accepted back on Wednesday and it appears both have already been adopted!! I miss them! That's the hard part of fostering. Chloe was one of my favorites -- one of the mellowest young kittens I've fostered. And Taffy had a comment for everything!! :lol:

I had to make a notation to the Humane Society that these kitties and all my previous ones have HATED Hill's Science Diet canned food. This is the only brand they feed the kitties. Chloe and Taffy wouldn't eat for the first 36 hours with me (who knows how long before I picked them up) and were both hacking up clear liquid. I took them in right away for a check-up and they were deemed OK. When I finally offered them Friskies out of desperation, they ate like they were starving. I tried all 3 flavors of Hill's and they would rather starve. I could only "sneak" in a tiny bit in the Friskies to try to transition them. At least Taffy and Chloe were adopted, so their families can serve them whatever they prefer. My friend's cat also hates Hill's Science. The Humane Society must be getting it at a super discount because nobody will buy it from the store!!!

One of my cats with urinary issues wouldn't touch the Hill's Science sample my vet gave me.
Purina ProPlan turned out to be acceptable to her, but it sure is expensive.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Our cats would often refuse to eat any of those "odd" brands that are sold by vets or pet shops, which we would occasionally try since they were supposed to be somehow better or healthier. They only wanted Friskies, Fancy Feast, or Meow Mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks