What's new

The Official HTF Cat Thread (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Funny, as the cats my family had over the years never, ever disturbed the Christmas tree or tried to climb it. They loved to sleep under it, but that was all.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
We currently have a very small artificial tree (less than three feet) with fiber optic lights that we pull out this time every year. We often find our youngest cat trying to chew on the plastic needles.

Years ago, when we would put up our full-size tree, we had a cat named Domino that would pull only the RED ball ornaments off the tree! It got so bad that we eventually purchased cheap plastic Red Ball Ornaments to place on the lower branches of the tree in hopes of keeping him occupied.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Ou
Funny, as the cats my family had over the years never, ever disturbed the Christmas tree or tried to climb it. They loved to sleep under it, but that was all.
Same with our cat - she likes to sleep under it, however the first cat my wife and I had as a couple, Spaz was his name, liked to mess with the tree and ornaments a lot.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
We currently have a very small artificial tree (less than three feet) with fiber optic lights that we pull out this time every year. We often find our youngest cat trying to chew on the plastic needles.
You need this:

5a152893d72c5-protecting-christmas-tree-from-dogs-cats-pets-4-585a611c97b73__700.jpg

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
The cat before this one would take the hard lace snow flakes off the tree and play hockey with them at night. We found them all over the house. He didn’t touch anything else.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop

I think this all depends on the cat. The cats I have had never bothered the Christmas tree. The cats my brother had destroyed the tree, all ornaments, and pretty much any decorations put up in the house. I recall my brother and his wife going away one Halloween and the house was all decorated with Halloween decorations. I went over to feed the cats on the second day and they had attacked and ripped down every decoration in the house. Most totally destroyed.

They only attempted a Christmas tree once. The cats knocked it over and smashed and destroyed pretty much every ornament on the tree, These cats despised the holidays. I recall showing up one Easter to see the cat in the window tearing the head off of a Peter Rabbit decoration. Interestingly they would wait until people were not home to begin the destruction.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks