What's new

The Official Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives Thread (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Once again DMC proves trying to outguess them is dangerous to your reputation.

Good News, the 3 new exclusives are now available to order and aren't listed as preorders.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A bit more news on the New Release front -- I guess considered a rumor for now, but a pretty strong rumor since this would sort of confirm a cryptic comment made by one of the Social media people a year or two ago when someone asked about possible releases of MMM/MT -- something like "Stay tuned." or "Keep your eyes on this thread "

I'm assuming a bit that this will in the next batch of exclusives, but
a member called today and during a canned spiel the CSR asked if they wanted to place a preorder for the Bluray
of Make Mine Music and Melody Time. "You mean on Blu-ray" "Yes"

Zero details -- 1 item or two, release date, and certainly no disc details, but it certainly sounded like it was coming soon. Best guess for now Oct 5 though I certainly missed my guess on the last batch.

Last edited:

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
I'm most excited about Something Wicked this way Comes in spite of it being a very tame version of the book. My daughter is a Halloween baby and I introduced her to this film at one point. I really don't recall her reaction but... And I'd finally caved and ordered a DVD copy from Amazon a couple of months back when it was on sale. That order got cancelled and I just never bothered to try and find a copy elsewhere. That it may be coming to BR makes that order cancellation a good thing.
Will be awesome to have on disc in HD anyway..
Unfortuntely, (going by most/all previous such releases) those of us who'd like some bonus features of any kind will very likely have to go search Youtube or, if we have it, pull out our old laserdisc.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
They can't possibly release all of the catalog titles at the same time, so they have to go in some kind of order even if that order doesn't make sense to us fans on the outside. I don't feel the need to get anything from the new batch, but I'm just glad they are continuing to release exclusives. As long as they do that, there's hope for more of the ones I want in the future. So I can only look at these releases as a good thing.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Will be awesome to have on disc in HD anyway..
Unfortuntely, (going by most/all previous such releases) those of us who'd like some bonus features of any kind will very likely have to go search Youtube or, if we have it, pull out our old laserdisc.

Well The Black Cauldron did have some basic extras (Unfinished Scene and the Donald short) which was essentially a first.

DMC site listing a couple things for Watcher in teh Woods though it won't match the old DVD. Easy enough to keep the DVD though for some of those.

"Blu-ray Bonus Extras Include:
• NEW! Chilling, never-before-released alternate opening titles • Alternate Endings ."

Dick

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I quit the club years ago, but this announcement has me planning to rejoin. But I want to order all three new titles as part of my introductory shipment. I guess that means waiting a few months, eh? The 5-tite intro offer with the code + 2 additional titles for a large discount almost certainly won't be offered then, but there simply aren't enough movies currently available through the club on Blu-ray that are on my wish list.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The 5-tite intro offer with the code + 2 additional titles for a large discount almost certainly won't be offered then

Why wouldn’t it be? It’s been on offer for years. Every so often they’ll change the free blanket or whatever other trinket comes with it, but it’s been a pretty standard code for some time now.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I quit the club years ago, but this announcement has me planning to rejoin. But I want to order all three new titles as part of my introductory shipment. I guess that means waiting a few months, eh? The 5-tite intro offer with the code + 2 additional titles for a large discount almost certainly won't be offered then, but there simply aren't enough movies currently available through the club on Blu-ray that are on my wish list.

Usually the new titles are added to the enrollment eligible titles within 60-90 days.

The 5+2 Codes with 2 further Commitments has been part of DMC Promo Codes in the US for at least 8-9 years so I don't think that's going anywhere. The Free Shipping US perk seems to be a permanent staple now since it appeared 3 or 4 years ago. The codes change, but there's always been at least one. If you call in to do a sign-up instead of using the online form and ask, the reps frequently will give you a code

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A bit more news on the New Release front -- I guess considered a rumor for now, but a pretty strong rumor since this would sort of confirm a cryptic comment made by one of the Social media people a year or two ago when someone asked about possible releases of MMM/MT -- something like "Stay tuned." or "Keep your eyes on this thread "

I'm assuming a bit that this will in the next batch of exclusives, but
a member called today and during a canned spiel the CSR asked if they wanted to place a preorder for the Bluray
of Make Mine Music and Melody Time. "You mean on Blu-ray" "Yes"

Zero details -- 1 item or two, release date, and certainly no disc details, but it certainly sounded like it was coming soon. Best guess for now Oct 5 though I certainly missed my guess on the last batch.

A couple more details -- someone did place a preorder over the phone which seems to confirm them as coming soon, Blu-ray Exclusives, and 2 separate items at normal regular price $25. Their expected Delivery date was Nov 2 so I'm guessing that's the official release date since it's also the expected Nov DMC Cycle.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Might as post this in the general thread as well,
Thanks to rdodolak. I guess no real surprise on the covers, but still nice to see them

Vb3HiEB.jpg
eL7kWiz.jpg

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Interesting that these will be separate releases after Disney took the opposite approach with Salads Amigos and Three Caballeros. Nice to see them coming in any case.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Interesting that these will be separate releases after Disney took the opposite approach with Salads Amigos and Three Caballeros. Nice to see them coming in any case.

Difference in 2 75 minute features vs a 70 and 40 minute sets. I guess they figured the 40 minute was just too short to be put out alone.

MatthewA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I already got the original UK Blu-ray of Flight of the Navigator, so I can wait for a 4K UHD disc release.

Well The Black Cauldron did have some basic extras (Unfinished Scene and the Donald short) which was essentially a first.

DMC site listing a couple things for Watcher in teh Woods though it won't match the old DVD. Easy enough to keep the DVD though for some of those.

"Blu-ray Bonus Extras Include:
• NEW! Chilling, never-before-released alternate opening titles • Alternate Endings ."

I'm glad they are keeping the alternate endings because they feel more like actual endings than what the release cut had. They could have edited the mutually exclusive parts together and made it work. It's still shameful the studio refused to restore the original cut, which was about 20 minutes more than what is there now. There was a whole website with the details but it's gone.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
New items are live for preorder now with the new Featured Title Cycle (Free Guy). New Discount Offer for VIP B1 G50% off the rest of eligible titles.

Make Mine Music and Melody Time highlight the Brand New 1st Time on Bluray items. There is a bit of confusion over the DMC description listing MMM having 9 segment instead of the expected 10. I'm thinking this is a typo or they just left the old DVD description unchanged, but I don't guess we;ll know for sure until an actually disc shows up. It also appears the extras were carried over (assuming that wasn't just a copy/paste as well).

New Blu-ray Exclusives up on the site now

Make Mine Music (DMC Exclusive) BD
24.95 Pre-order 11/2/2021
Blu-ray Bonus Extras Include:
Classic Disney Cartoons: • The Band Concert • Music Land • Farmyard Symphony

Melody Time (DMC Exclusive) BD
24.95 Pre-order 11/2/2021
Blu-ray Bonus Extras Include:
Classic Disney Cartoons: • Casey Bats Again • Lambert, The Sheepish Lion • Donald Applecore

Not true exclusive but what essentially are pseudo-exclusive or DMC only editions of previous items:
New Packaging and/or Digital Exclusives
Atlantis 2 Film (DMC Exclusive) BD + DVD + Digital (10/12/2021) 24.95
Brother Bear 2 Movie Collection (DMC Exclusive) - BD + DVD + Digital (10/12/2021) 24.95
Hunchback of Notre Dame 2 Film (DMC Exclusive) - BD +DVD + Digital Code (10/12/2021) 24.95
Beauty and the Beast (Animated) Anniversary Edition (DMC Exclusive)-- BD +DVD + Digital (11/2/2021) 26.95

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Heads up for those

This one of the months for the extra FT cycles so make sure to decline (or accept) the usual Oct "Free Guy" (ends Nov 1) and Nov (starts Nov 2), but also the extra Oct item "Anastasia/Thumbelina 2 Film Bundle" for most people (Oct 19 to No15)

Make Mine Music and Melody Time have starting shipping so most people should receive before official Nov 2 release depending on postal speeds.

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
Re: The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh, discussed earlier in the thread. A childhood favorite (although in re-airings, since I would've been too young to remember the original run). Loved McGoohan's deep, menacing voice and wild laughter he affected for his 'Scarecrow' alter-ego. An impressionable youth, I once (with a little help) even improvised my own homemade mask for Halloween. The theme music also was exciting and memorable (something they excelled at) and really caught a boy's imagination!

Anyhow, I was fortunate enough to buy 2 or 3 copies of the original Treasures set on sale for around $20 each. (I of course regret I didn't grab more but, so it goes). I refuse to ever join their club, so the new DMCE DVDs I have purchased usually cost around $20+. Haven't had occasion to buy any others on Blu before but had to jump on this title. (One can expect to pay on average, $50 for TSORM from independent sellers).

Glad they've put this classic on Blu-Ray and nice to have all three eps on one disc. Too bad no extras but helps the Treasures set retain it's value though, I suppose. Picture quality is quite an improvement.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I refuse to ever join their club, so the new DMCE DVDs I have purchased usually cost around $20+. Haven't had occasion to buy any others on Blu before but had to jump on this title. (One can expect to pay on average, $50 for TSORM from independent sellers).

I guess to each their own for the first part

As for the second that seems a bit steep even for Ebay even moreso considering you could do easily do a complete run through DMC collecting 8 titles for $65 (for US and a bit more for Canada) -- get in, get out and not even have to worry about Featured Titles and such.

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur

As for the second that seems a bit steep even for Ebay even moreso considering you could do easily do a complete run through DMC collecting 8 titles for $65 (for US and a bit more for Canada) -- get in, get out and not even have to worry about Featured Titles and such.
If you bide your time, most DMC titles can be acquired from ebay for around the twenty to thirty dollar mark. Clearly still more than what you'd pay through the club, but if you want to avoid the hassle of the featured title non-sense, then the premium may be worth it. I've been mulling over joining myself, but I have to admit that the release of the censored Make Mine Music zapped my desire to do so. I might still do it as there are several titles I'd like to acquire at good prices (Dr. Syn among them). Perhaps if they release several fifties and sixties titles over the course of the next year I might be enticed to join even if its just a "get in and get out" operation. Just saying - 2022 marks the 55th anniversary of the release of The Happiest Millionaire.

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
Haven't checked their selection any time lately but in the past not enough desired titles at once to make it worth my while and not wanting to deal with the hassle but maybe I should rethink? I do need to follow this thread more to keep up with what's available. My thanks to everyone sharing this info. I did find the Scarecrow title independently but noticed the Applegate Treasure Mystery listed in this thread would be of interest - I do have the Hardy Boys tin box set. That's another 1960s mini-series with great theme music!
...Perhaps if they release several fifties and sixties titles over the course of the next year I might be enticed to join even if its just a "get in and get out" operation...
I tend toward pessimism. I hope they do but only time will tell...

I didn't know that. Thanks for the advice - I'll have to see what's available (also not always needing to upgrade from DVD). My opinion on it is based on nothing recent and does look a bit lopsided when you put it that way. It does seem the equivalent of a half dozen or so titles for free. Would be silly not to consider that. And maybe I could get another sealed copy for on the side if still available.

In reference to 'the first part', probably should've worded differently. Like "don't care to" instead of "refuse to". Refuse is a bit emphatic and also implies an informed decision. : D

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If you really might consider an enrollment -- please check the Massive bluray.com DMC Deals thread and especially the FAQ which should have the optimum Promotional Signup codes, a GoogleDoc with a list of what available from the club and which items are enrollment eligible, you can filter by Exclusives if those are most interesting. It's mainly organized for BD, but there is a basic DVD list as well including their DVD exclusives many which are still in stock.

The OP and FAQ gives an overview of how to manage the signup and gives some techniques of how to maximize the savings. The forum thread there or here can also help to bounce ideas to help the plan.

2 New BD Exclusives listed for Preorder. Also a new type item since they've never had their DisneyTV items in this type release. Rescue Rangers has a release date set for Jan 25. Tangled appears to be available immediately and is not a preorder.

They did do this type items for a while with the DVD Exclusives a decade ago either in complete series or season sets (TaleSpin, DuckTales, Gargoyles, etc)

Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers: The Series (2021) (DMC Exclusive) (BD) -- 6 disc$39.95
Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure: The Complete Series (DMC Exclusive) (BD) -- 6 disc$39.95

2252660.jpg
2247690.jpg

ADDED NOTE: There is no information on Rescue Rangers whether this will be OAR or the Cropped 16:9 streaming versions

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eletkanrokn
Recent bookmarks