The Official Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives Thread

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Howie
That explains a lot.

I got an email indicating that there is a sale with 90 titles at 70% off, but I have been unable to get the site to load on my iPad.
I wasn't too impressed with those 70% off titles - it's mostly little kids titles (Doc McStuffin, Little Einsteins, Disney's Animal World), Bill Nye, a couple of sports titles, and some documentaries. The only thing of interest to me is the 2 sets of the comedy Dinosaurs ("Not the Baby!) and that's mainly to show it to my grandkids.

Reactions: Brian L

Brian L

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
I wasn't too impressed with those 70% off titles - it's mostly little kids titles (Doc McStuffin, Little Einsteins, Disney's Animal World), Bill Nye, a couple of sports titles, and some documentaries. The only thing of interest to me is the 2 sets of the comedy Dinosaurs ("Not the Baby!) and that's mainly to show it to my grandkids.
I didn’t have high hopes, but I am a slut for a good deal. :)

Jason_V

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Jason
I think the movies I ordered at the end of last week (and arrived yesterday) is the quickest turnaround I've ever seen from the DMC. I was truly shocked when they showed up.

Brian L

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
I must be missing something.

When I click on the link in the email that claims to offer 90 titles at 70% off, I get to a landing page with 14 live action titles. If I just go to the main page and log in, there is a link there for 70% off that goes to the same page as linked from the email.

Are you guys and gals seeing an actual list of 90 titles at 70% off?

Edit: I found it after mucking around with my VIP offer selection...there appeared in the left and filtering a 70% off check box that had over 100 titles.

That said, finding this was WAY harder than it needed to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobO'Link

BobO'Link

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Howie
Like you, I'd clicked that email link and come up, essentially, empty. It was only after doing other searching that I stumbled across it.

The site had a very poor design before and they managed to make it worse.

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
I must be missing something.

When I click on the link in the email that claims to offer 90 titles at 70% off, I get to a landing page with 14 live action titles. If I just go to the main page and log in, there is a link there for 70% off that goes to the same page as linked from the email.

Are you guys and gals seeing an actual list of 90 titles at 70% off?

Edit: I found it after mucking around with my VIP offer selection...there appeared in the left and filtering a 70$ off check box that had over 100 titles.

That said, finding this was WAY harder than it needed to be.
Won;t argue that it's more confusing than necessary. When you click the link it seems to take you to the 14 Bluray titles since I suspect that's what most people here have their Club Default set. I'm not sure there is a way to set your default Account Preferences to automatically go to ALL TITLES. Clear the Blu-ray Filter at the top and it will add the 90+ DVD titles.

Still pretty unimpressive selection since many of teh 70% off titles are often $5 bin selections at BBY and Walmart or Big Lots/Dollar General items. There a couple decent Bluray deals and easier than Bin Diving -- Queen of Katwe, Finest Hours, Invincible, Remember the Titans, and the DisneyNature stuff seems to be a nice price esp since it should have Free Shipping and not need to buy a $20+ trigger item. I didn't see many of the DVDs that seemed worth the price, but Dinosaurs DVD S1/2 and S3/4 for 7.50 isn't a bad deal for something that will never see a Bluray.

Most of the Disney TV and preschool items seems like a much better use of Disney Plus these days though for fans of Bill Nye and the Animal/History/Science DVDs it might be worth it.

Reactions: Brian L

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Just gotta love the "Discover All Our New Website Has For You" email from today

I ended up sending a Reply To email with my critque of the new site. At least it didn't bounce immediately so I'm sure I'll get an autobot generic reply in a couple weeks. There are a couple nice things added, but a whole lot of downgrades as mentioned. Found 2-3 new bugs glitches that completely locked me up last night. I just don't understand why things can't be left simple.

I did get a response todya from an email I sent 10 days ago about something else. Pretty obvious they didn't read the email since the reply had no specifics to any of my questions and ended with a "Call us at xxxxxxxx" (which I already knew). The whole idea as I explained in the email was to not call them since they;re currently running 30-90 minute hold times during their open hrs.

Reactions: Osato

Osato

Producer
Reaction score
Just gotta love the "Discover All Our New Website Has For You" email from today

I ended up sending a Reply To email with my critque of the new site. At least it didn't bounce immediately so I'm sure I'll get an autobot generic reply in a couple weeks. There are a couple nice things added, but a whole lot of downgrades as mentioned. Found 2-3 new bugs glitches that completely locked me up last night. I just don't understand why things can't be left simple.

I did get a response todya from an email I sent 10 days ago about something else. Pretty obvious they didn't read the email since the reply had no specifics to any of my questions and ended with a "Call us at xxxxxxxx" (which I already knew). The whole idea as I explained in the email was to not call them since they;re currently running 30-90 minute hold times during their open hrs.

I’ve called a few times recently and it can take some time to get through.

the chat feature works much better.

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
I’ve called a few times recently and it can take some time to get through.

the chat feature works much better.
Definitely, for DMC order/item information that's my default though trying to catch the CHAT live can be a chore at times since they appear to run a very short queue. The questions I had and 'review/complaints' of the website really weren't the kind of things a frontline CSR would need to be bothered with (and probably wouldn't know the answer) esp since their time is already short. Most of it would better be answered at a Supervisor or IT Dept level.

Osato

Producer
Reaction score
Definitely, for DMC order/item information that's my default though trying to catch the CHAT live can be a chore at times since they appear to run a very short queue. The questions I had and 'review/complaints' of the website really weren't the kind of things a frontline CSR would need to be bothered with (and probably wouldn't know the answer) esp since their time is already short. Most of it would better be answered at a Supervisor or IT Dept level.
when I do get through on phone my service has always been great.

the chat took less waiting time than the call though.

Jason_V

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Jason
I did the chat feature last week to get a tracking number for an order. I was connected instantly, got the tracking number and was done in less than five minutes.

holtge

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Real Name
Gordon Holt
No official announcement on the next title in the blu-ray exclusive line, but according to "Priscilla," a member of the team running the official Disney Movie Club Facebook page, we all should "keep watching" for one.

Screenshot_20200515-161929_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200515-165511_Facebook.jpg

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Oh boy, cant' wait for something. I was on the phone with CSR over an order issue late last week and asked specifically about any new items on the horizon other than Onward and was told no. It didn't strike me until late that she didn't even mention Call of the Wild which is supposed to be the FT starting next week.

Too bad the DMR COMING SOON page is gone. It used to be good for a week to month heads up.

DVDDizzy had a link to someone they apparently trust who is working on a HD master for Make Mine Music, but was unsure if this was destined for D+ only, but they seemed to believe a disc release was being considered sometime this year though it sounded like later in teh year

LouA

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I'm wondering which film will get a Blu-ray release . It would be nice if ti were a vintage title like Shaggy Dog , or Darby O 'Gill.

Reactions: LeoA

David Norman

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Would be nice, but honestly just about anything right now would be nice just to see it ain't dead.

OTOH, it's a Facebook Post so I wouldn't put it past the Cheerleaders over there to say just about anything -- hence the non-answer answer that pretty much belongs on a Magic 8 Ball. Pricscilla has been pretty good over the years, but far from the most accurate and definitely less than forthcoming on anything outside of tomorrow.

About 2 hrs will be the 1st chance at a surprise, but I'm not at all particularly optimistic for this month. June or July might be a bit more likely

Reggie W

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Pike Bishop
It appears they ship from Wisconsin using the USPS. How long does it generally take to receive an order from them and do they have frequent shipping issues?

Jason_V

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Jason
It appears they ship from Wisconsin using the USPS. How long does it generally take to receive an order from them and do they have frequent shipping issues?
I've never had a shipping issue with them. I placed my last order on March 27 and my box showed up on April 1. They've always shown up within a week of the order date for me in Seattle (preorders not withstanding).

Reactions: Reggie W

Dick

Lead Actor
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
Rick
I would love Something Wicked This Way Comes !
This is a well-liked, if largely cult title, and I would also love to see it on Blu. Nice if they could include the Ray Bradbury commentary, but I doubt Disney would allow it, as it isn't altogether complimentary.

Reactions: TheSteig

Reggie W

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I've never had a shipping issue with them. I placed my last order on March 27 and my box showed up on April 1. They've always shown up within a week of the order date for me in Seattle (preorders not withstanding).
Thanks, I am assuming there are some sort of Covid 19 shipping delays. According to them they shipped on May 8 but the shipping indicates that the USPS is awaiting arrival of the package as of May 14...and from there nothing. Not that concerned yet just found the tracking info odd. Disney claims the package shipped on the 8th but the tracking number appears to have been created on the 14th with the USPS awaiting acceptance of the package. So, USPS says they don't have it, Disney says they shipped it.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JP2