What's new

The Official Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives Thread (1 Viewer)

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Heads up...there is a second Featured Title Selection in November. The Lion King (accept or decline) and the Santa Clause 3 pack (accept or decline). Response needed by November 18 for the latter.
Thank you so much for posting this! I hate when they pull stuff like this. I think I'm all set because I've declined a title and then I get shipped something I didn't want and have to go through the hassle of a return.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thank you so much for posting this! I hate when they pull stuff like this. I think I'm all set because I've declined a title and then I get shipped something I didn't want and have to go through the hassle of a return.

I don't really understand. It's pretty much expected and guaranteed and stated in the T&C.

" every 4 weeks (up to 13 times a year) we'll announce our hand-picked Featured Title. Plus, you receive up to 2 more seasonal Featured Title announcements a year."

Every year like clockwork in March and October in the dozen years I've been involved -- it's not even irregular
Next extra cycles 3/10/2020 and 10/20/2020

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I don't really understand. It's pretty much expected and guaranteed and stated in the T&C.

" every 4 weeks (up to 13 times a year) we'll announce our hand-picked Featured Title. Plus, you receive up to 2 more seasonal Featured Title announcements a year."

Every year like clockwork in March and October in the dozen years I've been involved -- it's not even irregular
Next extra cycles 3/10/2020 and 10/20/2020
Some of us don't go through every line of the T&C except the first time we join, which for me was several years back. They count on that. Excuse me for devoting my attention to other things in life.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My problem is with the implication that it is somehow sneaky or underhanded or even unexpected.

Forgetting they have an extra In March and Oct is probably common though that patten has been mentioned it in this thread numerous times. DMC sends a mailer (though some folks have now opted paperless), multiple email reminders, it will be on the website to respond for the next 4 weeks and it will be there when the normal Nov cycle starts in 2 week. And they'll accept the return even if it gets by all those barriers.

It is what it is and no worries for another 5 months

Last edited:

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Soitainly!!
ThreeStooges_Curly.jpg

CULTMAN1

Second Unit
Real Name
Bruce Campbell
I HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THEIR LIST OF PURCHASERS , OBVIOUSLY AFTER MANY PURCHASES DISNEY MOVIE CLUB HAVE FOUND ME TO BE BASED IN THE UK. AT LEAST I WAS ABLE TO GET MULTIPLE PURCHASES FROM THEM BEFORE I WAS STRUCK OFF!

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
It beats me why Disney maintains this stupid exclusivity over Club titles in a way that disenfranchises would-be purchases in other countries such as the UK or Australia. Very many of these Blu ray titles are never going to be released locally ... and buying from third parties is unbelievably expensive. No wonder people resort to piracy!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
It beats me why Disney maintains this stupid exclusivity over Club titles in a way that disenfranchises would-be purchases in other countries such as the UK or Australia. Very many of these Blu ray titles are never going to be released locally ... and buying from third parties is unbelievably expensive. No wonder people resort to piracy!

So because something isn't available locally and/or it's expensive is a good reason to pirate items? I just want to make sure I understand the argument you're trying to make in the last two lines.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I didn't say it's a good reason. I just suggested that to make something illegal (like as in prohibition) does lead to illegality. That's pretty simple to understand. Yes, products are available for people able to go outside normal channels and pay huge prices. Same was true of alcohol in the USA for many years.
My main point is that it would make sense for Disney to make its products available to a world-wide audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks