1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives Thread

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Mark-P, Aug 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. David Norman

David Norman Producer

I'm not offloading/burning/ripping, etc the BD to the PC, I'm just playing the disc directly in my PC BDROM -- load disc, open player, click title 3 and it's automatic. I guess if ran the HDMI to the TV it would act like any other disc. I don't have the technical knowledge so I have no idea why the BD Player software can see it while the standalone players can't.

OTOH, it makes little sense that this was intended to act like this otherwise why leave the overture on the disc at all.

I guess the important thing is what the Disney Tech people say and I suspect everything at Disney is tied up in D23 adn Disney+ so who knows how long it will take before they say anything unless somebody with Disney Insider contacts can push it up the ladder quickly (Bill Hunt or one of the folks from this forum with contacts).

If they say "we meant to do that" then I'm not sure what's left to do -- not buy it? Return the disc? play the Overture as an audio file or from the DVD, then start the Bluray at the credits? Forget it and watch the movie as is? 1st 2 aren't options in my book
    It certainly isn't a deal killer for me if they don't replace the the disc since more often than not I'd just start at Chapter 2 anyway after the initial play through, though I'd prefer to have it than not have it.

2. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Screenwriter

Neil S. Bulk
    This has to be an authoring error, as the information is on the disc. It wouldn't make sense for it to be there if it was never intended to be seen.

3. Tom St Jones

Tom St Jones Supporting Actor

Thomas
    True absolutely

Jack K and ahollis like this.
  4. Les Mangram

Les Mangram Extra

Alan
    The overture was on every UK release print, both 70mm and 35mm.

5. atcolomb

atcolomb Screenwriter

Angelo
  6. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    The Disney Movie Rewards program is updating on September 26, 2019

Soon you will receive emails from our new email sender name:

[​IMG]

To stay in the know with your membership and all the news from the program, please make sure to include Disney Movie Insiders in your address book so you don't miss out on anything important!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Disney Movie Insiders is a place where new fans and super fans unite. Once you're in, you'll be in on the best seats in the house, fan-packed perks and more!

[​IMG]

7. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Cinematographer

Bryan
    This feels like a similar email from SonyRewards ... :(
    [​IMG]

8. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    Did anyone else get an unasked-for copy of Avengers Endgame today?

I clearly declined this featured selection when the offer was made. This is the third time this year I've declined a title and been sent it anyway. I know DMC will take it back and refund me, that's not really my issue. My issue is, what's the point in going through the "declining the featured title" dance if they're just gonna do what they want and send it to me anyway?

9. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein

That's why I suddenly got out of the club over a year ago (before recently rejoining).

They were sending me selections I knew I turned down.

10. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    That's one of the reasons why I won't rejoined even if it saves me monies. Furthermore, after signing up for Disney+ for the next three years for a grand total of $140, I don't feel an urgent need to join it again.

11. Message #1391 of 1446 Aug 28, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    David Norman

David Norman Producer

I don;t know why, but this seems to go in cycles and while most people never get one, it seems to hit certain people repetiively. Not once in 7-8 years for me and even so I still save my decline emails just for safety (wish I hadn't typed that now, but ....).

I don't know if there is some setting in their software or certain addresses/account are more affected, but it's very strange. I can sort of understand it with brand new accounts esp the first cycle and during those 2 overlapping seasonal cycle, but after a while it's just odd that it doesn't seem random. I'd chat with one of their reps and try to get an IT to see if they can figure it out.

I doubt this would do any good, but about a week after doing the online decline, I might call their automated FT line for a couple cycles and see if it says you have an active FT or not. If you are getting a phone message telling you you have a FT after you decline then there might be some evidence for the IT folks to trace a bug.

I'll be interested in seeing if Ron starts getting them again with his new account. I seem to remember folks either starting or stopping this activity with a Cancel/Rejoin which makes even less sense to me.

I don;t think I've read about differences in online cancel vs phone cancel though snail mail mailback has the highest failure.
    1st day, mid cycle, or last minute declines -- I don't recall this being an issue UNLESS you wait until that last Monday. I never always decline in the first 48 hrs.

Josh Steinberg likes this.
  12. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

I guess I have been lucky the past 5 years as I have never been sent a title I declined.

Suzanne.S, skylark68 and ahollis like this.
  13. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor
    Supporter

Allen
    Me either. (Knock on wood).

Suzanne.S likes this.
  14. JoelA

JoelA Producer

Joel Arndt
    Same here as well. One time I either missed the e-mail for the title selection or neglected to decline it. I was amazed that they sent it anyway even though my card on file had expired.

Suzanne.S likes this.
  15. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    Going back to The Black Hole for a moment:

The Disney Movie Club Facebook page (in comments) is including this message to anyone asking about the overture:

"If you are experiencing problems with the overture, please contact our friends at Disney Consumer Relations at 800-723-4763 for further assistance.They are my experts and have this logged with solutions for you. Thank you! Priscilla"

I'm just getting my feet under me from being gone for a week so I haven't called yet.

holtge and skylark68 like this.
  16. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    Why don't they just POST the solutions they've come up with instead of forcing customers to make a phone call? Sheesh.

JohnMor likes this.
  17. Jason_V

Jason_V Lead Actor

Jason
    I dunno. But that is the answer. The DMC has been super responsive on social media with this information when asked.

18. David Weicker

David Weicker Producer

David
    The likely reason is there is no solution (and never will be). But customers don’t like hearing the truth, so they’ve provided an outlet where they can rant uncontrollably. Poor ‘Priscilla’ probably pissed off some VP, and has been reassigned to Disney’s version of Siberia.

B-ROLL and dpippel like this.
  19. dpippel

dpippel HTF Premium Member
    Supporter

Doug
    :rolling-smiley:

20. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    I complained to several Disney "Cast Members" (what a joke) about the negative option, which had been available for the DVD club, meaning that you could request no discs be send to you unsolicited once you had completed your enrollment. I do not understand why this can't be applied to Blu-rays. Just another scheme to garnish extra bucks with the hope that members would simply not bother to return their automatic shipments and decide to just keep what they were sent, maybe to sell them on eBay for a profit.