What's new

The Official Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives Thread (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I’ll piggyback a copy into my next big order when they run a 60% off sale, but since I already have it streaming, I’m happy to wait until then.

Somewhat of wait then -- according to a couple people who got tomorrow Mailer early there is a B1G60% iff starting 7/16.
It's unlikely that they'd run back to back 60% deals into August so the only hope might be if you call Monday Aug 12 that they'd let you add it to an order before this offer expires. The next 60% (and last expected for 2019) is often in Nov.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Somewhat of wait then -- according to a couple people who got tomorrow Mailer early there is a B1G60% iff starting 7/16.
It's unlikely that they'd run back to back 60% deals into August so the only hope might be if you call Monday Aug 12 that they'd let you add it to an order before this offer expires. The next 60% (and last expected for 2019) is often in Nov.

Yeah, a wait's fine - I'm satisfied with the HD digital copy that I have, and since this release almost certainly won't add any content, it's something that I'm happy to add to a larger order but not a priority to purchase at full price on its own.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I'd assume so since this is labeled the "Anniversary Edition."

368E1FAD-18DE-40E2-B944-3267A0ADD3D2.png

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
If they can at least give us The Moonspinners, A Light In The Forest and The Happiest Millionaire (roadshow version) if nothing else then I'll be satisfied. Of course I'll be happy for other titles (Third Man On The Mountain, That Darn Cat, One And Only Genuine Original Family Band, Johnny Tremain etc.) but those three are my must haves!

Last edited:

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Two points - 20,000 leadues is Disney first cinemascope movie, but no where in the credtis does it say it is in scope.

Please, one and only family band.
After the relative failre of Happiest Millionire, Disney did NOT want to do another long roadshow. three numbers were shot for Band and NOT put in thee film. All of the numbers were recorded in stereo, so they could used to put in the vid and give us a llonger stereo family band.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I heard for years from people at Disney that there were those there at the time who wanted to take the Sherman Brothers down a peg despite their recent hits, so without Walt around to protect them or the film, this was how they did it. They didn't name names, though. This became a recurring theme in the "What Would Walt Do" years.

It wasn't just the Sherman Brothers shows or musicals that bore the brunt of this kind of meddling. Pete's Dragon has never been more than 95% uncut on video, and they also punted on the chance to put Watcher in the Woods and The Black Cauldron back together again. The latter was almost done when Ron Miller left and Jeffrey Katzenberg became head of the studio. He knew nothing about animation then and thought its production process was no different from live-action, so he ordered the more gruesome scenes cut and comparatively hastily-drawn ones put in their place, making existing story problems worse and creating ones where there weren't any before. They were never going to win purists over, even if Lloyd Alexander tried to be magnanimous about the end result, but at least if Ron Miller had lasted there until that was done it might have made a bit more sense. That's the bare minimum expectation of a movie or TV show. Hopefully it's not too late too see what could have been.

The new management had the same mentality with musicals, although not to the same extreme. Under Eisner, they cut key songs out of Muppet Christmas Carol and Pocahontas and played musical chairs with them ever since. Under Iger, the villain's rap from 2011's The Muppets was supposed to explain his motivation for wanting to get rid of the Muppets but it got cut from the movie proper. Without it, it becomes a non-sequitur.

I also believe part of the reason they want to roll these titles out slowly is because HD reveals mistakes SD transfers, especially the early ones from the 1980s, obscured.

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
As expected -- THE BLACK HOLE and GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE went live overnight for ordering so hopefully by early next week or possibly this weekend the 1st impressions and information will be posted.

I need to wait until I get back from D23 to order. I don't want the package sitting outside for any part of the week I'll be gone and I don't have anyone reliable enough to check to see if it arrives during that week.

So excited now!

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
As expected -- THE BLACK HOLE and GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE went live overnight for ordering so hopefully by early next week or possibly this weekend the 1st impressions and information will be posted.
They are already in the new printed monthly catalog that I received yesterday.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I had promised I wouldn’t buy it until the next 60% off sale...but I couldn’t wait. Happily ordered.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm not sure where to post this, so here goes.

Got an e-mail from DMC about a special Member Celebration on the 24th at California Adventure. No real details I can find yet, but the email does mention "exciting announcements" and "delicious appetizers and drinks." I'm gonna RSVP, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get there since that's an Expo day.

Replace1234

Agent
Real Name
Nicky Aiuto
Question: Can one ask DMC for a movie to be released on DVD like how one would request suggestions to Shout! Factory & Warner Archieve? Please respond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks