What's new

The Official Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives Thread (2 Viewers)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
But you'd think a Walt-era title would be able to convert a few skeptics and show off what it can do with vintage source material.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Jungle Book (1967) on UHD Blu-ray.

No need to worry about that one. It's obviously going to be on the way the next time TheJungle Book rotates out of the vault for its Signature Collection release, which should be sometime in the next year or so at the rate they're going. All the new Signature Collection titles seem to be getting UHD releases now that Disney is on board with that format.

dawnshadow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dawn
For Australian members:

I have managed to secure a Disney Movie Club account and am using a parcel forwarding service to send a shipment from DMC to Australia. I am looking to finalise my order within the next 24 hours, so if anyone wants anything, please PM me. $50 AUD per Blu-ray, non-negotiable as with the fees from the mail forwarding etc. (I had to use a crap one as Disney had all the good ones banned already) I need at least that to break even. Willing to buy any of the DMC exclusive blu-rays as well as DuckTales Vol. 4, The Weekenders etc. on DVD.

Please PM me within 24 hours if interested. Spread the word, if enough are interested the average price might drop a little.

DisneySpirit

Auditioning
Real Name
Tom
No one else excited to see these?
20000leaguesunderthesea1558457062344.jpg
castaways1558457108528.jpg

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I only ever check out this thread to see what is coming out from Disney Movie Club Exclusives. Was surprised nothing was being discussed. Didn't know there was a dedicated thread about this release! My bad!

I probably should have put a post here too (I did think about it, but never copy/pasted the post), but it's been such a huge request I thought a dedicated thread would get more attention for them

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
While this is not an exclusive, nor is it even being released by Disney, The Flight of the Navigator is coming out on Blu-ray by Second Sight video in Great Britain and the press release says it will be region free. Apparently Disney doesn’t hold worldwide rights on this title.

The Second Sight release says this film was made by TriStar Pictures but everywhere else it's Disney, which is it?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Second Sight release says this film was made by TriStar Pictures but everywhere else it's Disney, which is it?

Wiki
"The film's producers initially sent the project to Walt Disney Pictures in 1984, but the studio was unable to approve it and it was sent to Producers Sales Organization, which made a deal with Disney to distribute it in the United States.[4] It was partially shot in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and in Norway, being a co-production with Norwegian company Viking Film"

It appears it was distributed by Disney in the US (like a number of items from Amblin/The BFG, Valiant, Need for Speed) I don't know if TriStar had EU distribution rights, but according the IMDB there are tons of different companies with Rights in various countires

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
While this is not an exclusive, nor is it even being released by Disney, The Flight of the Navigator is coming out on Blu-ray by Second Sight video in Great Britain and the press release says it will be region free. Apparently Disney doesn’t hold worldwide rights on this title.

When I was in elementary school and outdoor recess was canceled due to bad weather, they’d wheel out the A/V cart into the cafeteria and show 20 minutes of Flight of the Navigator. Sometimes they’d rewind it between lunch periods and sometimes not. Sometimes you’d see the same part two rainy days in a row and sometimes you’d see completely unrelated sections. So I’ve seen this more times than I can count, but I only saw it in order from start to finish as an adult.

I think I have to order this. Even if it was a DMC exclusive they’d never have the bonus features.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
When I was in elementary school and outdoor recess was canceled due to bad weather, they’d wheel out the A/V cart into the cafeteria and show 20 minutes of Flight of the Navigator. Sometimes they’d rewind it between lunch periods and sometimes not. Sometimes you’d see the same part two rainy days in a row and sometimes you’d see completely unrelated sections. So I’ve seen this more times than I can count, but I only saw it in order from start to finish as an adult.

I think I have to order this. Even if it was a DMC exclusive they’d never have the bonus features.

You are lucky, we got The Ewok Adventure. It wasn't even an official VHS release, someone recorded it off TV back in '84.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
You are lucky, we got The Ewok Adventure. It wasn't even an official VHS release, someone recorded it off TV back in '84.
We would get get "educational" industrial films on how C&H sugar is processed or why steel makes America great... If you haven't seen one, "Kentucky Fried Movie" has a very good parody of them at the end of the film ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks