What's new

The Official Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives Thread (2 Viewers)

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Wow, I hadn't seen those Treasure Island screenshots!

They look great!

By the way, another Disney favourite of mine, is released today!!

blackbeardsghost1303540bd1450808479673.jpg

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Blackbeards Ghost is officially available for $24.95 plus any discounts you might have,

Aladdin 2/3 is also available as what appears to be a pseudo exclusive. It is neither labelled or packaged like the other exclusives so everyone is expecting this to be a short term DMC early release with a full retail release in 8-12 weeks. reg price is 29.95 -- current price $26.99 and none of the usual discounts allowed

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
David Norman said:
Aladdin 2/3 is also available as what appears to be a pseudo exclusive. It is neither labelled or packaged like the other exclusives so everyone is expecting this to be a short term DMC early release with a full retail release in 8-12 weeks. reg price is 29.95 -- current price $26.99 and none of the usual discounts allowed

Yeah, that's not going to happen at that price...when it comes way, way down or hits general retail, I'll pick it up. My price point will be about $15, give or take a buck...

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wait a few weeks then it should be eligible for the normal 40-60% discounts or if you price average a B1G50% OFF deal it appears to be eligible as the

B1 lead so lumped with a bunch of 24.95 titles (most of the normal exclusives) there are ways around the price.

If you still are in the commitment phase it's not a terrible idea since it's a 26.99 title that qualifies as a 29.95 commitment.

No idea what the going rate on wide retail release would be, but 19.99-22.99 would be a reasonable starting point and then down from there eventually. Of course crazy people are paying $35-45 on Ebay -- assuming these are US or Canadian customers you could get 8-10 Disneys through DMC for less than twice the price they pay for a single.

People pay $25-30 for 2 or 3 (or 4/5/6) of the DMC exclusives and complain about what they have to pay for them.

International buyers have a reasonable complaint since there isn't a reasonable method for them to buy unless they have a US DMC buddy that can re-ship. I do know quite a number of them do it that way and can get most of them into the $20 range or less even wiht shipping if they save up 4-5 titles at a time.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
And also The Moon Spinners which I love a lot and which isn't right on DVD.

While I'd love to see The Moon Spinners on blu, in the meantime the Italian R2 DVD is a nice anamorphic (unlike the U.S.) transfer that will do till the DMC gets around to it.

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
How long does it take for the exclusive blu-rays to be added for initial enrollment? I've purchased all the blu-rays off eBay up till the Witch Mountain movies and so forth. I thought I would just wait till they are available for me to get right off the bat for rejoining this club, but I check monthly and it's never nothing new.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Online they are usually added to the website in 90days though it seems they add some and move others off the list. It seems there are 6-7 available most months. Unofficially if you call in an enrollment order I've seen many of the exclusives allowed almost from the day of release.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I had to go in to decline the Aladdin double feature, but I love Blackbeard's Ghost. I also noticed that they had the upcoming release of Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs available for pre-order, which supposedly has a new bonus feature. (I am a bonus features junkie, so I knew I was going to want that.)

Well, I ordered the Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs for $26.99 and then I was able to order
  • Blackbeard's Ghost
  • Swiss Family Robinson
  • Davy Crockett 60th Anniversary Two Movie Set and
  • Treasure Island
all for $~76.00 with shipping.

What is funny, is that these four titles alone
  • Blackbeard's Ghost
  • Swiss Family Robinson
  • Davy Crockett 60th Anniversary Two Movie Set and
  • Treasure Island
came to $108.00.

As soon as I added Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs,

all the others dropped from $24.98 to $9.98 each.

This is my first DMC purchase as a VIP.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Mark Walker said:
I also noticed that they had the upcoming release of Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs in there, which supposedly has a new bonus feature.

Mark, when the new Snow White comes out, can you let us know if the new bonus feature is actually new? I think the press release emphasized that there was a newly created commentary with Walt Disney - but all previous versions of the disc have featured a Walt Disney commentary. I loved the ones they made for Snow White and Fantasia, so if it's indeed new, I'd be really tempted to get it again. But I'd hate to buy the disc for that one feature and find out it was identical to the one on the previous release.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
My pleasure. I will listen to both and see if there is any differences or if this was just a promotional mistake.
Josh Steinberg said:
Mark, when the new Snow White comes out, can you let us know if the new bonus feature is actually new? I think the press release emphasized that there was a newly created commentary with Walt Disney - but all previous versions of the disc have featured a Walt Disney commentary. I loved the ones they made for Snow White and Fantasia, so if it's indeed new, I'd be really tempted to get it again. But I'd hate to buy the disc for that one feature and find out it was identical to the one on the previous release.

RetroGuy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Edwards
After having purchased many of the previous exclusives on eBay, I decided to try my luck and join the club over the phone to see if they'd allow me to order the latest exclusives for my enrollment titles. Fortunately, I was able to get the five that I wanted:

1. Escape to Witch Mountain
  2. Return from Witch Mountain
  3. Treasure Island
  4. Davy Crockett
  5. Blackbeard's Ghost
I also picked up Big Hero 6 to bring my commitment down to 2 regular-priced titles. With tax it came to $14.08 for the 6 titles. (I decided against ordering a 7th title for $8.95, as there currently isn't anything else that I want.) :)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow so even the most recent DMC exclusive was allowed -- not shocking that the November items were, but it always is interesting to to what items have tighter reins. It wouldn't have shocked me to see BG denied, but I'm not sure I've heard of anyone who called in there has been denied any of the exclusives on initial enrollment order.

Items priced greater than $32, preorders, 3D, some Brand New items with a reg. price $29.95+, and items with Digital Copies IF there is a NonDC alternative seem to be the most common things denied.

rich_d

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich
Thomas T said:
While I'd love to see The Moon Spinners on blu, in the meantime the Italian R2 DVD is a nice anamorphic (unlike the U.S.) transfer that will do till the DMC gets around to it.

Ahhh ... too bad it is Region 2 as opposed to region free. I also would love to have The Moon-Spinners on Blu-Ray. I saw it back-in-the-day at the local drive-in theatre.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
I watched Blackbeard's Ghost on a 106" projector screen tonight. This thing looks like a new 1960's 35mm dye-transfer print. It looks fantastic! Beautiful neutral colors and skintones, super sharp, and the contrast is outstanding. A wonderful job by Disney. A very entertaining movie as well - the first time I had seen it. My highest recommendation.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
John Hermes said:
I watched Blackbeard's Ghost on a 106" projector screen tonight. This thing looks like a new 1960's 35mm dye-transfer print. It looks fantastic! Beautiful neutral colors and skintones, super sharp, and the contrast is outstanding. A wonderful job by Disney. A very entertaining movie as well - the first time I had seen it. My highest recommendation.
Good to hear. I'm still waiting for my copy. For some reason my DMC orders always take about a week longer to arrive than everybody else's.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Sure beats the way that I first saw it, with the decades old sub-VHS quality pan & scan transfer that Disney released on DVD a decade or so ago.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
John Hermes said:
Does it include English subtitles?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks