What's new

The Official Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives Thread (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Several 100th Anniversary Disney Wal-mart Exclusives February 7, 2023

New listings of several Disney titles coming to Wal-mart with Collectible Pins and included the Mickey and Minnie Shorts Blu-ray listed above.

I never expected these Disney 100 editions to have new discs. But it turns out they haven't even changed the cover artwork on the case either. As seen below, the silver Disney 100 artwork is just a new slipcover. Everything below that is the same as the previous release. For Frozen, this is the same artwork that has been on the market since March 2014. The Little Mermaid is the artwork for the Signature Collection release from February 2019.

s-l500.jpg

Frozen.jpeg

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I never expected these Disney 100 editions to have new discs. But it turns out they haven't even changed the cover artwork on the case either. As seen below, the silver Disney 100 artwork is just a new slipcover. Everything below that is the same as the previous release. For Frozen, this is the same artwork that has been on the market since March 2014. The Little Mermaid is the artwork for the Signature Collection release from February 2019.

View attachment 175078
View attachment 175077

You're actually surprised by this? This tactic has been done by every studio when it comes to re-releasing.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
You're actually surprised by this?

No, not really. But it is possible they could have done new cases. The Emperor's New Groove, The Rescuers/Rescuers Down Under and and Lilo & Stitch were reissued last year with new box art and the same discs. So it happens both ways.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
No, not really. But it is possible they could have done new cases. The Emperor's New Groove, The Rescuers/Rescuers Down Under and and Lilo & Stitch were reissued last year with new box art and the same discs. So it happens both ways.

The deception of a new cover art happens all the time, I've been fooled by it plenty of times.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The deception of a new cover art happens all the time, I've been fooled by it plenty of times.

As I said, I know that. I never expected the discs to change. But because Disney has also put out the same discs with new case artwork other times, I wasn't sure whether the new artwork was on a slipcover or a case until I saw those pictures. Now we have the definitive answer that they are only slipcovers. That's all.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Knotts Berry Farm…
what a dead place until they put in rides
Dude...it was a berry farm with a restuant, that happened to have a small ghost town on the proporty. Thier claim to fame was their fried chicken and boysenberry pie, LOL!!! It wasn't an amusment park.
Later they started adding western themed rides, and eventually grew into a emusment park.

Indy Guy

Premium
Real Name
Tony Baxter
I remember as a kid back in the 60's when the sub along with other props was on display at Disneyland.
The walk through of the Nautilus Submarine is alive and well at Disneyland Paris. It's construction was supervised by Tom Scherman, the ultimate 20K historian and designer. There is also a room in Walt's Restaurant on Main Street devoted to Verne and his fantastic vision. The model Nautilus displayed in its spectacular Art Nouveau fireplace was also built by Tom. Screenshot_20230209-085231~2.png

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Dude...it was a berry farm with a restuant, that happened to have a small ghost town on the proporty. Thier claim to fame was their fried chicken and boysenberry pie, LOL!!! It wasn't an amusment park.
Later they started adding western themed rides, and eventually grew into a emusment park.

"Why isn't this farm more entertaining???" :D

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
The new 4K restoration of Cinderella will be premiering at the Berlinale Classics Festival and a brief clip (with German audio) highlighting the dress transformation can be found on their website. It definitely looks like a newer transfer with a somewhat more subdued color palette, though I can’t say in all honesty whether it’s more accurate or not. The line art also looks improved, but again, I’ll leave it to the more knowledgeable members of this forum.

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
Don't have 4K but plan to get the DMCE Cinderella. Id be unlikely to purchase, except I'm impressed with the beautiful cover artwork. Also includes a lithograph echoing their artistic inspiration ("lithograph design may vary"), and the included medal pendant is packaged as a Disney Movie Club 20th Anniversary Collectible, btw. (And curious to see the alternate opening bonus feature, if available on the BluRay?).
I think it will make a nice addition to my Disney collection, and seems an edition worthy of Disney's 100th.

Last edited:

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
Of course unlikely they'd re-author the Bluray (or DVD), so not really expecting the new, exclusive bonus features anywhere but on the 4K disc.
...expecting less is the Mouses' moto!!!...
Reality be acknowledged - that's a good rule of thumb. Although, they could change that any time.

Last edited:

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Has there been any word on what transfers are being used for the current club feature title, billed as "Peter Pan 70th Anniversary + Sword In The Stone 60th Anniversary (Club Exclusive)"? Are they the same as used for the 2013 releases or have improved ones been done?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Has there been any word on what transfers are being used for the current club feature title, billed as "Peter Pan 70th Anniversary + Sword In The Stone 60th Anniversary (Club Exclusive)"? Are they the same as used for the 2013 releases or have improved ones been done?

I'd bet the proverbial donuts to $$$ they're the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks