What's new

The Official Disney Movie Club Blu-ray Exclusives Thread (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I would probably buy Frozen again if Disney actually released a comprehensive special edition for it because the bonus features on the original edition are skimpy. But this is not that; this is a re-release of the same discs as before in a new case.

But...it had 3D...

JC Riesenbeck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
This month's Featured Title is:
View attachment 169436
Revised

Product Detail​

Product # 2405350
Rating: PG
Available to own 2/14/2023.

Includes 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and Digital Code of the movie.

Temporary price reduction. Save $5! Counts as 1 regular priced title & 1 unit toward minimum purchase commitment.

A blu-ray is also available:​

Product Detail​

Product # 2399270
Rating: PG
Available to own 2/14/2023.

Includes Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Code of the movie.

Temporary price reduction. Save $5! Counts as 1 regular priced title & 1 unit toward minimum purchase commitment.

Reserve online and get a free limited-edition lithograph. Add movie to cart and check the lithograph box at checkout. Limit of 3 per order. While supplies last. Size 6.75" x 5". Design may vary. Not available for individual sale. Offer subject to expiration.

Digital Code Terms:
Digital Code redemption requires prior acceptance of license terms and conditions. Code is only for personal use and redemption is limited to recipient of the combination package or a family member. Codes may not be sold separately. Code subject to expiration. Visit MoviesAnywhere.com, RedeemDigitalMovie.com and disneytermsofuse.com or FoxRedeem.com (as applicable), for Code redemption and other applicable terms and conditions. Movies Anywhere is only available to U.S. residents.
Plot Summary
Walt Disney Animation Studios' original action-packed comedy adventure, Strange World, introduces us to three generations of the legendary Clade family as they attempt to band together and navigate an uncharted, treacherous land beneath their world.

Blu-ray Bonus Extras Include:
  • Anatomy Of A Scene
  • Strange Science
  • Creature Feature
  • The Hidden Secrets Of Strange World
  • Outtakes
  • Deleted Scenes
(Bonus Varies By Format)
ALSO A SELECTION OF RELEASES WITH ....
View attachment 169442
NEW SLIPCOVERS!!!!
I was on the fence about this one. However when I ordered Wakanda Forever with it, I got one of them at half price. Both are blind buys for me.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
But...it had 3D...
I'm not quite sure what you're saying here. Frozen has never been released on disc in 3D in the United States. While I understand that 3D fans would like to have an edition in that format, I see no evidence to suggest that the forthcoming release will change that. The discs shown with the new cover art are literally the same images as the discs in the original steelbook I already have on my shelf.

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'm not quite sure what you're saying here. Frozen has never been released on disc in 3D in the United States. While I understand that 3D fans would like to have an edition in that format, I see no evidence to suggest that the forthcoming release will change that. The discs shown with the new cover art are literally the same images as the discs in the original steelbook I already have on my shelf.

Well, Jake, I've been nailed again! Yes, I have the UK 3D edition (and it's lovely), but I do recall now that it was one of the 3D titles released only outside of the U.S. I do recommend seeking it out if you like the film and have a 3D setup.

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Disney Inc. continues to insult the intelligence of the consumer with these crummy re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-issues, while withholding a tonnage of content that has long-since vanished from public view.

The 'treasures line' ought to have made the leap to HD by now. All of Walt's live action classics should have had deluxe Blu's by now too - not snatch and burn quickies via the Disney Club. How they could advertise any of those as 'anniversary' collectibles, when virtually all are shorn of their 'Vault Disney' legacy extras, is, frankly, beyond me.

The atrocious decision to release Bedknobs and Broomsticks without all of its restored and excised scenes to Blu-ray was compounded by truly awful mastering on The Sword in the Stone.

And their shoddy color balancing on Darby O'Gill most recently was the nail in the coffin for me. Now, I'm the one imposing a moratorium on buying Disney instead of the other way around.

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
I agree. Instead of creating new product they're recycling; attempting to bring in additional revenues from the same old content. Mine's not a moratorium, though I guess it is de facto. It's basically just waiting for them to place something new that I want to purchase.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Can we please not turn this long running and useful thread into yet another anti-Disney screed? This is a thread for discussing Disney Movie Club exclusive releases, not for complaints about what the main branch of the company may or may not have done.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Not allowed -- all Disney threads must be turned into a figurative SHOOT HAN FIRST thread. And each iteration will be written as if it's the first time it's ever been said and as if
complaining non-stop in all threads in all forums is going to get [Disney, Lucas, Warner, Sony, Paramount, Amazon, Google, etc ] to change their mind at some X+1 number).

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
Yikes, well just replying to a post, not trying to cause any trouble. I believe Nick was referring to the email sent out yesterday by Disney Movie Club, btw. I do agree about negative content - a little goes a long way. I prefer and generally try to practice, discussing what I like and have a passion for - not what I don't like. No one comes here to hear an old man gripe or complain. That's why I have been looking forward to sharing my Disney want list here and suggesting a few DMCE candidates. I took it from a basic list late last year (2021 actually), picked out my very favorites, then expanded on that. 2022 extremely busy for me with the project set aside for most of the year. I mentioned posting it here recently but it wasn't as ready as I thought. A lot of work later and about ready to publish, but now I have a cold so am holding off a little longer. I appreciate having a voice here.

1673910618650.png

Ho-hum.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Well, Jake, I've been nailed again! Yes, I have the UK 3D edition (and it's lovely), but I do recall now that it was one of the 3D titles released only outside of the U.S. I do recommend seeking it out if you like the film and have a 3D setup.
Ordinarily I wouldn't have gone to the expense of importing this 3D version of Frozen since I reviewed the 2D and had it already. Pixar's 3D reconstructions are usually very subtle (we were told at one of the HTF Meets that they do that deliberately) and not all that immersive.

But I wanted Get a Horse!, the fabulous made-in-3D Oscar nominated short, in 3D, and its presence on the disc made the disc a must-have for me!

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
But I wanted Get a Horse!, the fabulous made-in-3D Oscar nominated short, in 3D, and its presence on the disc made the disc a must-have for me!
Get a Horse! was my primary reason for getting Frozen in 3D, although there is that one great shot at the beginning of the ice saw coming through the screen as well. Would have been right at home in a slasher flick. :D

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Ordinarily I wouldn't have gone to the expense of importing this 3D version of Frozen since I reviewed the 2D and had it already. Pixar's 3D reconstructions are usually very subtle (we were told at one of the HTF Meets that they do that deliberately) and not all that immersive.

"Frozen" wasn't a Pixar movie.

And I thought it had terrific 3D.

farnsbarns

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Patten
(Includes lithograph and mystery gift). Individuals can make their own decision whether to purchase or not, how many doubles they want in their collection; gauge whether sales gimmick or brilliant idea that will find a place in our living rooms; and answer the question for themselves, Treasure Chest or Trinket Box?

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Oh, sure, I watched it when I got the disc. It was fine, but I don't have vivid memories of it like I do Get a Horse!

I rarely have vivid memories of anything I watch! I review so many titles that I tend to forget what I saw immediately! :D

My review tells me I was impressed by the 3D "Frozen", though! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks