What's new

The Official Complain About the Daily Weather thread (1 Viewer)

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Seeing as how everyone seems to be complaining about the weather lately (and with good reason!!!), I thought I'd start the official whine/bitch/complain about the daily weather thread.

It's DISGUSTING here in Toronto today. About 15 degrees outside, but it's been rainy, wet, and grey all day. The rain's coming down in small and very fine pellets that feels like the wind's blowing small flecks of sand in your face.

Forcast is calling for a sunny weekend, so lets keep our fingers crossed.

Moe.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Moe ...

NY feels like it's freaking November for the last 4 weeks. It has been really miserable here. I am actually waiting for the leaves to fall at this point :)

Looks like a good weekend coming up for us too, but at this point I am too bummed out to care.

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
I am sick of people complaining about the weather. Ever since I moved to Toronto, people complain about the weather CONSTANTLY. It's the national pastime of Canada. It's too hot, too cold, too windy, too rainy. We had a lovely May long weekend (which is the most important thing IMHO) and we've had mostly nice weekends but rain during the week so it could be a lot worse.

I think what bugs me is that I ride my bike or walk to work and the people who have to walk across the sidewalk from the subway to the front door whine more than I do!

And concerning the summer sucking, it was 30 degrees (Celsius) on October first here in Toronto - we had a late winter so I guess it's just going to last a little longer. Don't worry, we'll all be bitching about the heat and humidity before long...

Sorry about the rant but I'm just tired of listening to all this. And as a skier, I whine louder than everyone when there's no snow in winter! :)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
For Christmas (this year) I got a gift certificate to have my car washed, vacuumed, and detailed. I've been waiting, but I haven't used it yet. Everytime I want to use it, it's bad out. :angry:

It is now the middle of June and I still have the damn certificate. I was hoping to use this back April.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I am sick of people complaining about the weather.
But that's the purpose of this thread! So we can whine and complain to our hearts content! :D

Complaining about the weather has become our passtime because it's been so sucky lately. I think the statistic was that it's rained or been crappy outside 5 days out of the week, and we have yet to have more than 2 days of consecutive nice days outside.

Also keep in mind that up here we get hit pretty badly by whatever mother nature decides to throw a hissy fit (terrible winters when we have to call out the military, etc. :) ). Call it our national right & passtime, next to hockey & beer. :D

Moe.

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
But that's the purpose of this thread! So we can whine and complain to our hearts content!
OK, fair enough. Why did I even read the thread? I clearly had an axe to grind. Thanks for the venting. :)

Can't I just keep the hockey and beer and forego the weather complaining? Or will they confiscate my passport? I'll even let everyone continue to complain about the Leafs and American beer. I promise.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Complaining about the weather has become our passtime because it's been so sucky lately
Exactly! I know KerryK was just venting (and I too get sick of people when they complain about the weather), but I also get sick of people when people say stuff like "and in the summer you'll be complaining about the heat"...Of course I will be. :D

That's why I hate this weather. The winters are too cold and the summers are too hot, so we look forward to spring every year for "nice" weather, but we never had what most would consider a real spring.

The weather around most areas seems to be too extreme. Either it's raining out, or it's COLD, or it's HOT, or HUMID. We never get many "nice" days around here :frowning: So until we do, I'm going to complain about the cold and the heat and the rain, etc. :)

Mark Sherman

Supporting Actor
LOTS OF YELLING TO COME.

I AM SICK OF THIS F*&^ING RAIN. EVERY WEEKEND FOR THE PAST MONTH AND A HALF PLUS SOME THROWN IN DURING THE WEEK. WE (BOSTON) HAVE NOT HAD A NICE WEEK IN OVER 2 MONTHS. LAST YEAR MY AC WAS MY BEST FRIEND NOW ITS MY UMBRELLA. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CLEAN MY CAR AS WELL WHY BOTHER IT SUCKS OUT. IN FACT ITS F$#^ING RAINING RIGHT NOW.

ITS COLD AND RAINING IT SUCKS, SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. OH DID I MENTION IT SUCKS.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Sucks to be you.

I'd love to participate in a rant thread but I can't on this subject. It's a nice old 75 degrees (24 Celsius) here in sunny California. Sunny with scattered clouds and a light breeze.

Plans for the weekend:
Play golf
Even out the tan
Take a dip in the pool
Play ultimate frisbee
Play tennis (maybe)

:p) :p) :p) :laugh:

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
OK, but my point is this.

Let's look at the weather here in Toronto over the past few weekends (which at least for me is really when it counts): Last weekend - sunny to partly cloudy (and Friday was glorious); May 30-June 1 - rained Sat, sunny Sunday; May 24-25 - sunny and nice but it wasn't too hot, perfect cycling weather; May 17-18 - sunny (and this was the long weekend in Canada).

That's complaint-worthy weather? Just because it's not swelteringly hot? Looks good in my book.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"terrible winters when we have to call out the military, etc. "

Go MEl GO!!

Brent

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
AUGH!!!!!
The weather forecast yesterday said there was a 20 percent chance of showers for last night and clear skies for today through the rest of the week.

It has been raining non-****ing-stop today, and now my county has a flood warning!!! We had a flash flood warning earlier today, and the rest of the week has a chance of showers too! What the **** is up with that?!?!

:angry::angry::angry:

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I think it was last weekend, but we had some LOUD thunderstorms around here along with some POUNDING/HEAVY rain. It was almost sureal. The thunder claps were louder than my sub woofer :D

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The thunder claps were louder than my sub woofer
A few weeks ago when I was back home for a couple weeks, one of the thunderstorms that took place had thunder claps so loud and powerful that they shook the house and set off a car alarm in the neighborhood.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
ThomasC, When I was a teen there was a bad thunderstorm and one bolt of lightning set off my car alarm. I was in the garage at the time and I swore I thought the garage windows were going to shatter.

Pretty creepy stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks