What's new

The official BLADE RUNNER SE thread. (Check out page 8 and #790.) (3 Viewers)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i feel like i've lost my spirit about this. i'm not going to believe anything else until i see the damn package on the shelf.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Wow...i hadn't read the until you posted it.
ANyone have any ideas about what she's referring to? I haven't heard ANYTHING new.
I know Harrison doesn't like the movie and NEVER has. The only publicity he did for the movie came around that time and since he has rarely spoken about it. I respect that and you don't necessarily need his insight if he really didn't like the shoot. The only thing you're going to get is his point of view which was OBVIOUSLY not as interesting as one might thing and may be a bit more personal than technical. Not that I'm criticizing him for his opinion. On the contrary, I own every single movie he's ever made...but when you have a bad experience making a film or whatever (from personal experience), you just don't want to relive that. That's ALL that he would have to contribute...his bad experience. I'm sure it would just make him come off as a grouch and then everyone would criticize him for being bitter. So what's the point, really??? He has nothing to gain. Do it without him.
As for the others...that's...that. I guess. I wouldn't doubt Sean Young wanting some more money...;) But again...i have no idea WHAT is going on.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Some better news found over at BRmovie.com is that the special effect "fixes" have been put out to bid. (Companies can vie for the honor of removing wires, etc).
So this means the work on the film itself is going on.
Click here for the October 1, 2002 update at BRmovie.com
I think I have permission to quote this excerpt, the guy is a regular on alt.fan.blade-runner. But do please visit his site sometime, lots of great coverage there (he's really giving bladezone.com a run for its chinyen!):
Reports
There are a number of unfounded reports on the Web. There are only a few places where you can trust what you read, (and this site is one of them!) We try to weed out the good from the bad.
Special news: You want to know what SFX fixes might be made to the film? I speculated on these some time ago below, but now I have information from the actual preliminary breakdown of changes on which different companies could bid. Note: This is a subset of proposed fixes, not the final list of changes. It also does not include changes that would be done purely by editing existing film. For obvious reasons I can't say exactly where I 'found' it, but will say it isn't from anyone at Warners or Scott Free.
* Wire removal on spinners (obviously)
* Taking the thumb off Batty's shoulder in the 'flopped' phone booth sequence
* Matching the voice and image in the snake scale scan
* Fixing continuity problems with Deckard's scars after shooting Zhora (very difficult and possibly won't happen)
* Making the Million Dollar Theatre's billboards match (Should be easy?)
* Removing the shadow of the crew on the wall in the end sequence
* Matching the sky in the end shot with the dove to be continuous with the rest of the film
* Re-doing the credits, just to clean them up and remove the jitter
I stress again, these are proposed changes, not official and not definitely done. But at least they are more than pure speculation.

Vic_T

Stunt Coordinator
Mr Scott's "Idiot" version can wait as long as need be, I just want the original theatrical version on DVD. It was to be included on the new release, making it a hug box set of all 3 versions of the films. I wonder if the theatrical cut could be released on it's own, or if that's "tied up" as well.

Juan C

Second Unit
Last 31st January, brmovie.com updated its DVD page with the following news: "There is no new news". :frowning:

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The disc will come out, sometimes there are difficulties, especially on the big SEs. There may be some pissed off investor or something

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Ho hummm... the DVD release of Metropolis this
week got me all eager to revisit Blade Runner.
In my film class, we even talked about
Blade Runner in relation to
Metropolis just the other night.
Man, oh man, (or should I say, "replicant, oh replicant?")
where is the SE of this film on DVD?
Any new news from anyone in the know?
Mark

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Pick up the DVD of "Armitage III" (a Japanese anime) for your Bladerunner fix. Plays exactly like a sequel. There's two versions on the market; look for the one that says "episode 1, episode 2, episode 3, episode 4" in the upper right corner under the barcode on the backcover.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I envision a scenario wherein Zinema was asked not to say anything on the net for fear of upsetting the legal process.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
I'm quite upset, I sold my old copy when I heard the new DVD was coming out... got a good price for it, too. Now I'll have to wait longer. As long as they include both the theatrical and extended versions, I'll be a happy little human who dreams of unicorns.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I can't seem to understand why some persons rush to sell their LDs the second there is a rumor about the release of that film on DVD. That is taking a risk, if something happens that delays or cancels the DVD.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
I am optimistic that we'll see Warner's "Two/Three-Disc Special Edition" of Blade Runner in time for Christmas of this year. :)
Gordy

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
I can't seem to understand why some persons rush to sell their LDs the second there is a rumor about the release of that film on DVD. That is taking a risk, if something happens that delays or cancels the DVD.
Meanwhile, when I hear that a DVD of a film that I don't have in my LD collection is rumored to be coming out, I immediately start cruising my local LD shops to snap 'em up at bargain prices. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks