What's new

The official BLADE RUNNER SE thread. (Check out page 8 and #790.) (1 Viewer)

Ingels

Agent
Real Name
Nicklas Ingels
AlexCremers said:
DVD Review Magazine about The Final Cut 5-disc set: This is perhaps the best DVD package yet released, it's that good.
Picture: *****
Sound: *****
Film: *****
Extras: *****
... That's the spirit

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7108168.stm
More Ridley Scott
MTV started around 1980, and I used to watch it. I think in its early days it was more interesting - these little filmlets cooked up by the bands and the director that were four, five minutes of really great entertainment. I'd get a lot of ideas off them. But then I started to notice bits of Blade Runner in there.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I'm also waiting for the expanded and revised edition of Future Noir to come out. It looks like it will be coming out in the UK next month. It looks like no US publisher is lined up for the new edition in the USA.

Fabien Renelli

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Fabien Renelli
David_Blackwell said:
I'm also waiting for the expanded and revised edition of Future Noir to come out. It looks like it will be coming out in the UK next month. It looks like no US publisher is lined up for the new edition in the USA.
Hum, I'm interested with it. Do you have a link?

JamesTLewis

Agent
Real Name
James Lewis
Fabien Renelli said:
Hum, I'm interested with it. Do you have a link?
htf_imgcache_16464.jpeg

Future Noir : 25th Anniversary updated edition

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
The page count on Amazon.co.uk is wrong, fyi. The old edition has 464 pages, the new edition has 608 pages according to the publisher's website.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Very interesting (about the color timing). Especially interesting because, in theory, the "right" color would be the "right" color regardless of which version of the film... and one would have thought that with each film receiving a new HD transfer and restoration... they all would have been color-timed to meet the director's vision.
Personally... from the screen-shots... I like the color of older DC better... but I'll reserve judgement until I see them projected in my living room...
dave ;)

Dharmesh C

Supporting Actor
DaViD Boulet said:
Very interesting (about the color timing). Especially interesting because, in theory, the "right" color would be the "right" color regardless of which version of the film... and one would have thought that with each film receiving a new HD transfer and restoration... they all would have been color-timed to meet the director's vision.
Personally... from the screen-shots... I like the color of older DC better... but I'll reserve judgement until I see them projected in my living room...
dave ;)
The 2006 DVD is biased towards cool blue.
2007 Final Cut is light green bias.
I guess all versions of the film in this set feature the same Final Cut colour palete?

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
that is a good question.. I think the ealier versions will be the same.. only the new cut will be color changed.
Jacob

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i caught this in the cinema last night with surround sound. this totally rox! i haven't seen the film for over 10 years now... OBVIOUSLY, i can't tell what's new and what's not. i hate it when that happens, means i'm getting old ;). regarding the endingwas final cut's ending the same ending as all previous cuts?
one thing that i luv was they didn't add the text "the final cut" below Blade Runner the movie main title. that would have ruined it =P.
since i haven't see it for so long, i hadn't realized how emotionally impact-ful it was to have rachael find out she's a replicant. that is so well done. when i watched it the first time it was a lot to take in, but this time, i caught all of the nuances and what was happening in between. i just luv it that they don't explain everything (like THX1138, Miami Vice 2006, etc.).
the visual fx still rox. it's interesting to note that in the beginning, the huge shade coming down over the tyrell building wasn't available... but it is real now, no longer Sci-Fi, lol.
i also luved the script. everyone is smart and really on the top of his game. like how zhora realized what was going on and who was thinking what. it's classic noir-style IN A SciFi setting no doubt. totally awesome. just absolutely loved every layer the movie was able to create in WORLDS =).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks