What's new

The Office (US) Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This episode was just flat-out awesome. Loved the final shot that Michael took. Oh damn, I was crying from laughing so hard at that last scene with Meredith.

"Ho! Ho! Ho! Pimp!"

One time, at work, one guy brought in a toilet seat as his white elephant gift. Suffice it to say, that gift got passed around all night long.

Actually, I loved it when the promos after the episode announcing that The Office was moving to Thursday nights, and they show Dwigt's reaction to seeing Jan in the parking lot.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Best epsiode yet! this one had me rolling....

My favorite line:

"Yeah, like booze ever killed anybody...." :laugh:

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
For me, The (American) Office has now reached the same status as The (British) Office. While I don't like the boss as much in the U.S. version, to me the supporting cast on this side of the Big Pond is much stronger overall.

Earl + Office makes for a very formidable hour of comedy.

:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
I think Michael is funny, I just didn't find it believable that he could keep his job acting like he acts. But the episode in which he lands that big contract (at Chili's) gives him a little slack. Yes, he's an ass. But in that case he's an ass who brought in the bucks. In the BBC Office, the boss was an ass and it eventually caught up with him (in a chicken suit).

Also, what was up with that girl kissing Dwigt? Was she just drunk? Does she really like him? Does she suspect he's dating the blonde girl and kissed him to see if he'd confess? Do you remember one of the first episodes from last year in which Michael, at the diversity training, asks what races everyone finds sexually attractive? Dwigt said white and Indian, and the camera panned to that girl and she had a disgusted look on her face.

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
I surprised that no one has mention the blatant product placement of the iPod paired with the on-screen ad for getting episodes of The Office on iTunes.

It didn't really bother me or anything. It worked great and I don't think they were trying to be subtle with it.

Great episode!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Rob Riggle was very funny as the Captain. I was kinda disappointed that he was not on SNL this season, but it was nice to see him being funny somewhere else. He and Patrick Warburton should play brothers in something. :)

Regards,

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
When Jim was SO close to spilling his guts about how he feels about "the receptionist" you could almost see his heart break like Ralphie on that old Simpsons episode when Lisa dumped him.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Oh, that was painful to watch. Although now Michael knows his secret and you know that's not a good thing.

I was also excited to see Amy Adams, but I suppose that was the last we'll see of her now.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just when you think they couldn't top the XMas episode, this episode has been cracking me up almost non-stop.

"You can't fire me! I don't work in this van!"

Loved it when Pan was saying goodbye to her 'friend' Dwight.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Hah, Pan. :D My favorite:

"If Stevie Wonder was passed out in the bathroom, you'd help him!"

"Oh, of course we'd help him. We love Stevie Wonder."

GuyMaren

Agent
To me, this was the funniest episode so far. They better be careful because they're getting too close to Arrested Development quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks