What's new

The Office (US) Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Not sure if this show is working for me. As much as I like Steve Carell, his Michael Scott is just no David Brent. Laughs come at a pretty sporadic pace and I'm just not feeling any connection with this show like I did with the BBC version. The Dwight character isn't working for me as well. I like Jim but Pam isn't really striking the right notes for me.

Maybe I shouldn't compare the two versions, but the BBC version actually brought me to tears on two occasions! The best this one will probably do is get me to keep the TV on.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Hah, the Olympics ep one was funny in a Season 1 kind of way.

Right now you pretty much have to get all your memories of the UK Office behind you when watching the show, as they have really grown apart with each new ep.

Great to know NBC ordered 7 more episodes. :emoji_thumbsup:

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Not a bad episode, but it did drift away from The Office concept when they went to the condo community, even though it still had its funny moments.

For me, the funniest moment wasn't a line that was spoken, but Dwight's look at the camera right after the whole "oh, so it's an aquarium with snakes in it" exchange.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

That was a great expression. :D

I liked that they expanded past the office environment. I still want the main action to take place in the office, but everyone ventures out during the day, so it's only natural to show some of that stuff too.

I like the way they depicted Michael's home buying worries, I'm sure many first-time home buyers have felt that way, yet it's rarely been used as sitcom material as far as I know.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Dwight: I have been Michael's number two guy for about five years. And we make a great team. We're like one of those classic famous teams. He's like Mozart and I'm like...Mozart's friend. No, I'm like Butch Cassidy. And Michael is like...Mozart. You try and hurt Mozart? You're gonna get a bullet in your head courtesy of Butch Cassidy.

So far, this new season has kept me laughing. Hopefully they can keep it up for the rest of the season. Does anyone know how long this season will be? I haven't heard if NBC ordered a full season or not...

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
It looks as if they're going by British "series" standards, but here's some good news:
It might not be a full American season, but considering how some shows overstay their welcome, this might actually work to it's favor.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps at the end of the 13 episodes, NBC will then put Scrubs back on the schedule in that timeslot.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/11/05

The re-working of that Billy Joel song was hilarious, especially when the woman next to Kevin started dancing to Dwight and Michael's rendition.

I thought the episode started out kinda slow, but it finished off pretty strong.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
It's very rare when I put down my chow and laugh uncontrolably at a television show nowadays, but tonight's episode was chock full of so many moments. My personal favorites are of Michael on the camera, then Dwight saving everyone with the water cooler. :) Also, the car scene and awesome song where the cherries on the top. :)

Only negatives are the relationship with the leads, will they or won't they?
Ryan

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Yeah, I was wondering if they were going to bring back the girl from the previous season. Great episode!

"I would take the Bible. And the Purpose Driven Life."

"Ooh, Id take the Da Vinci Code!"

"Oh yeah, Id take the Da Vinci Code so I could BURN IT." :laugh:

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
The whole "Who would you do?" conversations were great.

"Is present company excluded?"
"No, not exactl----"
"Pam" "Yup, Pam."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/18/05

Dwight killed me tonight. By the time they revealed Dwight in sith lord grey facial makeup, I was laughing really hard. Plus all the sith lord side angle shots of Dwight trying to have his mind control over Michael (and failing miserably) was hysterical. Probably the best episode of the season so far.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
I agree the Sith stuff was hilarious, but the rest of the episode wasnt that great. I have to say it might be the weakest one so far. But thats just me. (and likely only me :D )

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Like with the British series the stuff between the "we're just friends" couple makes my heart ache.

I was impressed that the guy who got fired could rattle off his "not shit list" so quickly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks