What's new

The Office: Season Four (1 Viewer)

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
Great episode tonight.

Pam is hot with or without glasses. Glasses "do it" for Kevin. That and librarians. (My wife was a librarian before she stayed at home with the baby, and she wears glasses, so I can appreciate this.) And I loved Creed's comments on the glasses. "I'd like to play piano for Pam without her glasses. Also I'd like to see her topless."

Loved Michael's riff on "respect" at the end.

Dwight's "emergency" org chart was great, but I had to freeze frame on the real org chart and it was full of great stuff too, such as: Jim Halpert is the Assistant Regional Manager (not Assistant TO the Regional Manager). And Dwight is the Original Assistant Regional Manager. "Creed Bratton" is in quotes on the org chart, while no one else's name is. And the Party Planning Committee is actually on the org chart.

Stanley was great as usual. I liked that he had a little more to do this week. And I loved Darryl's "admission" about his gang-related activities.

Ryan needs to go down, and I suspect he will, soon.

Toby is ruthless. And he's not in Costa Rica.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
This episode didn't do it for me at all. That's two clunkers in a row for me.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member

When he pulled that out (TWSS!), I was wishing that I had a DVR so I could've paused it and looked at it. I remember seeing Dwigt's name above Jim's and wondering how that was possible since Jim is the #2, but it makes sense what Dwigt did.

I agree with you Dave on Jenna in glasses. Is there anything that woman can't look sexy in?

Michael's conversation with Stanley at the end shows why Michael Gary Scott is one of the best realized characters on television today. Of course, he had to follow it up with his bad impersonation of Rodney Dangerfield, Jeff Foxworthy and Borat. :)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
As a single moment, yes, but the mangled Dangerfield/Youngman/Foxworthy/Borat stream of consciousness rambling at the end was sustained hilarity.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Definitely some interesting moments and developments in last night's episode. Enjoyed it overall, but the tone was surprisingly uneven. They have done better working such diverse things into a show.

Don't know why, but I found it really hilarious when Michael called out, "Pam, translate!"

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Jim's ruthless scolding was awful to watch (Toby's interview afterwards was pathetic and hilarious), and Michael's talk with Stanley, which was WISELY shown with the camera "out of vision", was surprisingly competent (did anyone else expect him to start trying to tickle Stanley, after his conversation with Darryl?). Though I haven't been the biggest fan of Season 4, I actually liked this episode a lot, even with the general quicker tempo of the show nowadays.

Sorry for all the "Dwangela" fans out there, but Dwight is much funnier when he's single. I'd better enjoy it while it lasts. Oh, NBC, why must you pair most of your ensembles into neat little couples?

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
I had to laugh when Dwight tried the same "high-pressure buying" tactic that was successfully used on Andy for his Xterra on Micheal when trying to get control of the office. Loved the "dictator-esque" tone of the whole, "I promise to return power to you when this crisis is over."

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the pic! Some of the symbols that Dwight put on there (like a hamburger for the fat dude from Stamford, mace for Roy, two males symbols for Oscar or the black power fist for Stanley, Darryl and Lonnie) are really funny.

A big thumbs up to the creators for keeping up with continuity and X-ing out all the characters who have been fired through out the course of the show. And referring to the people from Stamford as "The Tailies" is very Dwight.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens

That's great. I was hoping we'd get another Lost reference from Dwight.
I was really scared of Stanley in this episode.
Nice fun little episode.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Loved when Creed said "I'd also like to see her topless" in reference to Pam.

I have to say that one of my favorite things about this show is Michael's complete and utter disdain for Toby. He tries so hard to be friends with everyone else in the office, but the way he acts when Toby's around is absolutely priceless. I don't know if they've ever really explained why he hates Toby so much, but it makes for great comedy when they have scenes together. :emoji_thumbsup:

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

My guess is that it's because Toby is Human Resources, and has the ability to stop Michael's antics dead in their tracks. One of my favorite scenes with Toby was when Michael confiscated his Dunder Mifflin bathrobe, and Toby replied "Why?" as if he was about to cry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks