What's new

The Office season 9 (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah I've never had a problem like that with any shows that run over, and I watch a lot of the FX shows that tend to run over by 3-5 minutes on a regular basis. Directv.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Scott Hanson said:
I didn't have a problem with the amount of Michael's screen time, I thought that was about right. I just had more of a problem with his poorly written lines and/or Steve Carrell's apparent complete lack of interest in being there.
He had two lines, and I thought they were both perfectly Michael: "That's what she said" and "I feel like all my kids grew up and then they married each other. It's every parent's dream."I can only assume that his subdued performance was out a strained effort to keep himself out of the limelight.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
TravisR said:
I liked the finale alot and thought it was a sweet and kindhearted wrap up for the series.
I feel the same way.
Actually the last handful of episodes were really good, and very sweet also. I got a little teary eyed though some of them. The episode with the paper air planes the way it ended with Jim/Pam I mean come on, that was about as powerful as you can get. I love this series, and I'm glad it ended so well. Looking forward to owning this season on Blu-Ray(and hopefully the early seasons too, if they are released).

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Adam Lenhardt said:
I can only assume that his subdued performance was out a strained effort to keep himself out of the limelight.
I can accept that. I just know as I was watching it gave me an uncomfortable feeling that Carell was just going through the motions. Perhaps that was just Michael being Michael...he was afterall the master at making people uncomfortable...

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A pleasant finale with a few hilarious moments but like much of the last two seasons very uneven in quality. The sentimental stuff worked to perfection. The Ryan storyline I saw coming from a mile off.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Matt Hough said:
The Ryan storyline I saw coming from a mile off.
I actually thought it'd end up that he had borrowed a friend's baby for the evening, to get back with her, but yeah.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Joe_H said:
I actually thought it'd end up that he had borrowed a friend's baby for the evening, to get back with her, but yeah.
I thought they missed an opportunity for a laugh by not showing Ryan like a half an hour later already bored with Kelly (again).

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
One of the best series finales I can recall. I loved the subtle Carell appearance. Couple of zingers just to remind you of what was. We got closure on just about everybody and most ended up with a positive outcome. Except Toby, which was perfect... Devin coming back to bookend the series... Michael having the kids he's always wanted... Dwight and Angela ending up together... Oscar's Senate bid (appropriately run out of the paper office.. Dwight cornering the Scranton paper market... I loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks