What's new

The Office season 7 thread (1 Viewer)

Brandy S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandy
Originally Posted by TravisR

I think Jo offered the job to Jim last episode but he passed on it.

She offered him the iterim manager job, not the actual manager job. That's when she called Dwight immediately afterwards and offered him the interim manager position.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

That was a waste of a hour for a season finale. Meh...

Even though I hate the word "meh", I have to agree with you. How could an episode packed with so many comedic talents be so damn unfunny? I love how NBC promoted Jim Carrey's cameo and he had approximately 10 seconds of screen time. Pathetic! What disappointed me even more was that Ricky Gervais' 30 second appearance was a complete waste especially since his cameo when he ran into Michael earlier in the season was much funnier making this one seem unnecessary. I was really looking forward to this episode with all the great guest stars and it turned out to be a total dud IMHO.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ever since Carell left the show, it hasn't been the same.

The laughs have been extremely minimal.

The finale was indeed "meh." I agree that Gervais'
short appearance -- on a computer of all things -- was

a complete letdown. And all this leadup to Jim Carrey

being on the show resulted in a 20-second cameo that

wasn't even funny.

For me, the best thing about the ending of this season

was the introduction of the new girl on the office. She

is so attractive despite the fact she rarely smiles. Who

is she?

Visit our
imgrepo
DVD,
imgrepo
BLU-RAY and
imgrepo
3D REVIEW ARCHIVES

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

is she?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Wow. Holy Smokes. Don't see too many

of them working at paper companies.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein
Originally Posted by WillG

Actually, I thought there was something kind of "real" about his character. I've run into many dudes who have a weird anti-social type thing across my career.

But don't forget he was pretending to be anti-social so he wouldn't get the job because James Spader screwed him over.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
But don't forget he was pretending to be anti-social so he wouldn't get the job because James Spader screwed him over.
I guess I missed that. I'll have to watch it again

Mummified Dwight posing as a the French guy was classic. Also loved when Gabe freaked out when Andy was able to answer his attempt at an "abstract" interview question (on a side note, my wife got asked one of those very same questions in an interview once. What's the right answer?) SHUT UP ABOUT THE SUN! SHUT UP ABOUT THE SUN!

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I really hope Gabe is gone next season. At this point, though, I don't even know if I'll be watching as the last few episodes without Carell offered a scary glimpse of what this show might be like. Even though it went downhill the past few seasons with him there and his role was diminished greatly, I think that was mostly the fault of the writers and the fact that they crammed so many damn characters on the show. Seriously, has any TV show ever had more people in its' cast than The Office? The only other one that springs to mind is The Sopranos, but it had an hour each week to spread the focus around to all of them, not 22 minutes!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

is she?

She's the daughter of the Time Warner CEO & Pres, according to her IMDB profile.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The thing is...

They didn't really introduce the new girl, did they? It seemed to me as if she just showed up out-of-the-blue.

Is she the assistant to the assistant to the regional manager?!?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

Apparently, the regional manager was always entitled to hire an executive assistant, but Michael never did. Deangelo hired her for her certain "assets", and then she ended up outlasting him at the company.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Brent M said:
Seriously, has any TV show ever had more people in its' cast than The Office?
Off the top of my head, the last season of Deadwood probably had more and The Wire might have had more than 20 people listed in its opening credits by its last season. EDIT: I just took a look on Wikipedia and the last season of The Wire had a whopping 24 actors listed in the main credits.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Apparently Gervais himself wasn't crazy about the season finale. From his blog:

Watching The Office finale may remind some of the Chris Martin episode of Extras.

"It's only Warren Buffett........
What are you doing in a paper merchant's in Scranton? It's mental."

If you're going to jump a shark, jump a big one.

Still we've a had a good innings. Ha ha.

I assume most people know I didn't do the US remake for the art. I did my version for the art. That's why I stopped it after a few hours of telly.

Don't get me wrong. I'm very proud of the US version. It was not only a very very good network comedy but it was also a massive success story. But you know, I did it for different reasons, ambitions and with slightly different emotional attachments to the project.

And once and for all... I would never ever in a million years take a permanent role in the show as an actor. It really would be fucking mental. You don't start a company to work on reception.

Can't wait to start work on the Chinese version. Bill Gates is in that one.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton

Ever since Carell left the show, it hasn't been the same.

The laughs have been extremely minimal.

"Ever since"?!?! There have been THREE episodes since that happened. I think you should give the show a little bit of slack. Keep in mind, this sort of transition isn't easy - the show's creators certainly have their hands full trying to come up with a way to keep the show going. It won't be easy, but given that the show has been going for 7 seasons and 140 episodes, I think it's understandable that there might be a "lull" that might last a bit more than a month.

As for the general underwhelming nature of the finale, it seems that more often than not "event" shows rarely live up to the hype. I rather enjoyed the episode, but then again I had little idea of what to expect. I make it a point to NEVER watch the previews for next week's show, and I always change the channel/mute the sound and look away if a commerical for any of my shows comes on while I'm watching something else. Seems a little silly in some respects, but I've found that I tend to enjoy my shows a LOT more when I come into them "clean" without any idea of what's in store.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Overall, I enjoyed the episode but I didn't like that they made a cliffhanger out of who will be the new boss. To the best of my knowledge, the show has always skipped the summer so there will never be a scene where you see Dwight or Andy or Darryl get the job and that makes the cliffhanger completely unnecessary in my mind. The Office is not Lost so I don't see a need to keep the audience guessing over the summer.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
^ The reason they left it as a cliffhanger is that they don't have anybody signed yet. This gives the writing team time to figure out the new direction of the show and sign someone once they have it figured out.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by TravisR

To the best of my knowledge, the show has always skipped the summer...

If you're implying that the show takes place in real time so that the characters will be experiencing Fall at the same time us viewers do, then you need to re-watch season 5's Weight Loss (parts 1 & 2). They can and have showed us footage from "the summer" before.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
As many times I have seen THE HANGOVER, I never put

two and two together and connected ANDY with this film.

In other words, I had no idea this was the same guy.

Guess it's the hair style and mannerisms. Two totally

different personalities from the TV show and the movie.

Also, got to see Jenna Fischer (Pam) being interviewed

on Letterman, and she is so much hotter outside that

character. Was really surprised as to how pretty she is.

Visit our
imgrepo
DVD,
imgrepo
BLU-RAY and
imgrepo
3D REVIEW ARCHIVES

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members