What's new

The Office: Season 3 (2 Viewers)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
lol, Hug it out, Bitch.

And looks like Jim's gonna be aaaaaalright... That last scene with Jim and the girl behind him was sweet.

Phil Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Phil Garcia
I was surprised how Michael handled it...I was wondering how in the world Dwight and Michael's relationship could possibly be the same until the ending. :laugh:

My friends all come over Thursday to watch the Office with me and play some Call of Duty afterwards, so of course we all laughed loudly at the Stanford thing.

Jim didnt strike me as a non-video game player since they were playing Halo 2 at his apartment in Email Surveillance...I have no idea how I remembered that. :laugh:

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member

There's a big difference between playing with a joystick and a keyboard. I am pretty good at COD on the XBOX360 but suck at it on the PC.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Great episode. My favorite part was Jim's COD character skipping against the wall.

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
I didn't think it was all that great of an episode. Usually I'm on the floor. Today I just laughed a little.

Onto next week!

Andy_R

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andy
I was disappointed with last night's episode. I thought Dwight's behavior was inconsistent with his character, and too much over the top.

This week was better than the Conference episode last week, but other than the premiere, the Office has really let me down this season.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I thought the episode was so-so, but I loved the stuff with Michael tricking Dwight.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Jenna Fischer is adorable in anything! I love the bit where Creed is staring at her and she says "Please go back to your desk."

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
I found out recently that one of my friends here in St. Louis used to babysit Jenna Fischer when she was a kid. She said that even then, Jenna would act and sing and dance around. Oddly, my friend said she's never seen an episode of The Office.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Check out the deleted scenes from the NBC site. Dwight offers a genetic explanation for the two sides of his nature. I know it was over the top, but I don't mind as long as it is funny and they limit Dwight wigging out to 2-3 episodes per season. For some reason the way he syruped and then plowed through his pancakes and sausage without ever looking down cracked me up.

Regards,

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
This season hasn't had a ton of "LOL moments" so far, but if you know these characters, it's hilarious on a more gut level. Count me in as NOT disappointed with the season, at any rate -- lots of great moments in this episode. Kelly is hilarious (practically shouting at Pam about the "fashion show at lunch!"), Andy going cukoo on Jim again, Michael's slow-con on Dwight... however, I worry that new viewers will wonder what the fuss is all about.

What's the deal with Creed? He and Dwight seem to have gone even further into the stratosphere for S3. Again, some of their scenes play like "sitcom" and that is not good! Maybe I'm just too enamored with the more realistic and uncomfortable humor in the show. When everyone is acting so obviously crazy, it's harder to squirm in your seat, you know?

And I dunno... not really a fan of the whole Angela/Dwight plots. Their interactions seem "fake" to me... that is, faker than they're probably supposed to seem.

I love all the Stamford scenes. They're a good contrast. It's also great that they're milking the separation of the two branches (and Jim/Pam, the heart of the show) for a while. I think this will play out much more smoothly on DVD. It's really difficult having to wait so long between episodes, and then have only about twenty minutes when the new episodes air!

Edit: Just watched the deleted scenes from NBC site, and what a shame they weren't included! They really fleshed out the episode! The Creed thing was also hilarious. I think they're producing way more viable content than they ever possibly fit into a tiny half-hour. (The Jan and Jim interaction was interesting too)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
This was probably my favorite episode of the season actually--my favorite part actually took place at the Stamford branch, when the boss called Jim and Ed Helms' character...to criticize the way they were playing. Ed hears this, blames it on the new guy, and goes "I'm really going to kill you...game over, I am actually going to shoot you."

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
I just watched this again - as usual, it gets better the second time around. It's amazing how much they pack into every scene. Dwight and the waffles, Pam & Roy's kitchen moment. Michael's facial expressions during the "M&M / Crentist" scenes. Ed Helms is a great addition to the cast... "sabateur! sabateur!". Michael has been sort of 'darker' this season. They've given him a weird sort of 'edge', though he's still through & through a (as Steve Carrell himself puts it) a moron.

It's great when Michael stops and flashes a smile in the middle of his jungle analogy to notice the "branch" pun.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Patrick (or anyone else), any way I can save that Call of Duty gif? I'd love to use it as an avatar at another site.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Use this, but copy it and then paste into address box and remove the spaces after the /'s

http:// img182.imageshack.us/ img182/ 3374/ codvm3.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks