What's new

The Odd Couple Season One? Time-Life Exclusive? (1 Viewer)

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

The answer taken from a Dave Mack post, a few posts above.....

"OK, figured it out. Argh!
My order was canelled. Has not shipped. Auto-email was a mix-up.
What happened is this. I moved to Berkeley from NYC last year. Over a year ago. I switched all my banking, billing and credit card info. and mailing addresses. I have a Capital one Mastercard that I tend not to really use. I mostly use my debit card for oredring online. A couple of times when I've ordered stuff using the Cap. card I have receieved emails from companys/etaliers stating that my address did not match the one on the card. They stated that they were coming up with a NYC address. I contacted Capital one each time this occurred, (about 4X) and each time they would say, "No. We have your new Berkeley address as your mailing address.." I am getting the bills here so they were partially right. I complained that this has happened a few times and they always say, "Have them call us.." That worked with Guitar Center and a couple of smaller companys but TIME/LIFE is not going to do that. They just cancelled my order when the address didn't match up. I can re-order the odd couple with another card,no big there but every time I try to use the Cap. one card I am gonna have to deal with this it's really frustrating. I like it because it has the lowest APR of my 2 cards.

ARGH!!!"

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
My order according to the email I received thursday has shipped. My cc was charged Friday, and Saturday I got a post card saying my order will be delayed due to "no stock".
What's the old saying"...until it's in my hands".

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

If I were you I'd call Time Life Customer Service to verify exactly what the situation is. They seem to be all screwed up with the timing of the post cards and emails. If you read my post above, I got the post card one day and was told by a phone customer service rep that they had a 4-6 week back order delay. The VERY next day I got the order shipped email, and called again, only to receive verification that new stock had come in, and my order was indeed being processed. My order status on the website shows it as shipped also.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Yep, Time Life sucks. Sorry. I got 2 emails. One saying that the item had moved to their warehouse, One saying that it had shipped and my order was complete. If I logged on to the website it also said that my order had shipped and was complete. I waited 16 days, sent an email, heard nothing, finally called a couple days later, had to be on hold for 20 minutes to find out that my order had been cancelled because the address I gave them didn't match my CC's adress on file, (not their fault, granted) but they didn't let me know and sent 2 inaccurate emails and I had to chase down the correct info.

Getting an email from them saying the item has shipped means nothing apparently.

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
GREAT NEWS I Recieved my season set of the odd couple in the mail today.hopefully everyone else will recieve theirs soon.I just recieved an email this past friday and got my dvd's today. 3 days later

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
I never ever received a confirmation e-mail from Time-Life, but my set arrived in the mail this afternoon. Whoo-hoo!!! I don't know if it makes a difference in the amount of time it takes to arrive, but for those of your who might still be waiting, it mailed on Friday, and I live in North Carolina.

Jeff Wooten

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

But this is one time when it should feel good to be wrong....hopefully that means we're next. (keeping fingers crossed!) :)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Woo-hooo! Since I don't like ordering online, a friend of mine ordered 2 copies of THE ODD COUPLE (one for him, one for me) and he just called me to let me know the package arrived today! That's the good news --- the bad news is, the company screwed up and only sent ONE set by mistake, instead of two. :frowning: He called TL and was told the second would be on its way. In the meantime, he's bringing it to my house tonight and we intend to order chinese food and have an Odd Marathon!!

For what it's worth, he ordered relatively late (well into August) so this is actually pretty fast.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
cool! Good chinese in your town Joe?
I miss NYC chinese even though I FINALLY found a very good place here in Berkeley. Surprisingly many were mediocre out here.

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
Just watched 4 episodes of the odd couple set that I recieved in the mail today.personally I found both the video and audio to be pretty good. The extra's are good too. And are spread out over the 4 disc.The one complaint that I have is the box that they came in.instead of trying to explain it.I will be interested to see if anyone else doesn't like the box either.The cbs and paramount logo's are on the side of the box along with the time warner one as well.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Well the box is an old fashion Digipack, dissapointig since CBS has gone to slim cases on all it's other releases. I also watched the 1st four eps, I thought the Pilot looked amazing, the other 4 eps while still very good I thought a notch down , which is interesting. I'm amazed how this show hit the ground running. And it got better. All in all a great Buy.

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
My friend and I watched the first 8 episodes in our Odd Couple Marathon last night. We both thought these episodes looked VERY GOOD, and better than we'd ever seen them before! Especially amazing, since the first season often tends to look more dingy than the later seasons by comparison. Every now and then we may have seen a moment or two that we don't recall very well, since these are all uncut. For what it's worth, the old "red" background Paramount logo is intact, too!

The extras are good, and if this set continues (and I really pray it will) I'll bet there are even more to be had. There is a gag reel present, but these don't contain the outtakes we've already seen from Jack Klugman's TONY AND ME book, so there are still those to get to and probably more in store.

This is a very worthy set and there is really nothing at all I can quibble about here, but for the sake of being official I'll just say that it appeared to me that every time there was music (like the theme song credits) the sound got louder and I found myself turning it down. When the dialogue returned, I then had to bring it back up. This is a small thing and probably nobody else would even notice, but there you are.

Overall, ME VERY HAPPY! :)

(and the Chinese food was good too) ;)

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in as very pleased too. With Paul Brownstein involved, you knew the extras would be quality, and I felt they were. (The short series promos were fun to watch, but it was a bit of sad irony to watch the Mike Douglas interview clip.) The video and audio looked very good to me (and IMO, this is the best the show has ever looked since I caught the series in syndication and cable.) I've only seen discs 2 and 4 so far, but no problems that I've encountered.

My personal nitpick (and it probably is a MINOR one): The set was sent out with a fold-out DigiPaks, but not with an outer case. It'll be interesting to see if they use the same packaging when the TL exclusivity runs out. Again, very, very minor nitpick.

It's great to finally have this classic series finally out of DVD with effort put into it!

Jeff Wooten

FrancisP

Screenwriter
One thing is for sure. There's no doubt that there will be a second season. It's pretty obvious that sales far exceeded what they expected. Hopefully the second season will live up to the first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks