What's new

The Odd Couple Season One? Time-Life Exclusive? (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Classic....
And I know it's a few seasons down the road but the ghost in the air conditioner! "Come on, Irv!!!!"
"Owa-Tagoo-Siam".

:)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Hi Pavan,

If I may ask, is that your guess or something he told you? If CBS DVD will be releasing some of them first I may wait for their releases since they'll undoubtedly be more reasonably priced than the high price TL is charging.

The folks who run the Get Smart site say that all 5 GS seasons will be coming from TL and not to expect retail releases anytime soon for that show (which Brownstein is also involved with).

Thanks,

Steve

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Yes, I'm just speculating. All I know is he is producing it via CBS DVD. So, they can I guess sell it themselves if sales on Time-Life are good.

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator

When would the CBS Video of Odd Couple-Season 1 be released? Or would it be that Time Life will do Season 1 and CBS would do Seasons 2-5?

Question: How could this be a CBS DVD product when The Odd Couple was an ABC product?

Jack

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

The Odd Couple was broadcast by ABC but produced by Paramount. Paramount Home Video is now part of CBS Inc. after Viacom was split into 2 companies, Viacom and CBS.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Did ÇBS Corporation get the home video division of Paramount or just its back catalog of TV shows? I thought they just got the shows.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Woah! Time life sent me an email wednesday saying that my order has shipped!
Early, yes?

:) d

Me and the gf just watched "The Odd Couple" film last nite!

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator
Dave Mack said:
Woah! Time life sent me an email Friday saying that my order has shipped!
Early, yes?

Aren't you the lucky one! I'm jealous!
I read a story on TSOD that the releae date had been postponed till August 30. I went and checkd my order and it's status is "backordered". This doesn't concern me since we're way ahead of the official release date. Perhaps its a sign that there was more response than anticipated.

Were it not for the net I wouldn't even know this set was being released. Has anyone seen any advertisements for it anywhere?

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Still no set, been a week. I checked on the site and says it takes up to 2 weeks for delivery! WTF!?!? What do they use, ponys??

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

They're probably using Media Mail. Many e-tailers tell you to allow up to 3 weeks for delivery when they use Media Mail, though it usually doesn't take that long. I placed an order last week from Wherehouse.com (California) that was shipped to me in Georgia Media Mail and it got here in 4 days. At other times, it's taken as long as 7 days. Media Mail times can vary greatly which is why they probably gave a two week delivery window.

Jeff-Wooten

Stunt Coordinator
I received a postcard from Time-Life in the mail today that was dated July 28, 2006. It told me: "Unfortunately, we are unable to ship your order at this time. Due to tremendous response to this offer, our stock is temporarily depleted. However, we have reserved the item(s) in your name and will fill your order as soon as our inventory is replenished."

The postcard then told me my ODD COUPLE 4-dvd set order was scheduled to ship 8/18/06. It's a bummer that it's on back order, but I guess the silver lining is that the set appears to be more popular than the manufacturer was giving it credit.

Jeff Wooten

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I got the same card except mine said shipping after 8/28 I think it's a Stock form and just means that overall the set is delayed a month

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully mine will arrive monday. Will have been 12 days.
Will give y'all a report. Marathon on way!

;)

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I got a post card also. When I placed the order on 7/25 it said the sets wouldn't ship until approx Mid-August, so I wasn't expecting it yet anyway.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Well it's now been 2 weeks since they said it shipped and no sign.

"Your Order Is Now Complete
All of your items have been shipped."

Wow, Time Life's Free Shipping sucks. (Dang Media Mail!) At least Amazon's comes within a week usually...

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Dave, I hate to say it, but I wonder if your order was lost in the mail or perhaps not really shipped? Even my slowest orders from DDD would have arrived by now. One of my recent Amazon orders was lost in the mail so it does happen.

Does TL offer tracking info?

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come with the Get Smart releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks