What's new

The Odd Couple Season One? Time-Life Exclusive? (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

Well I would disagree with that, perhaps it discovered more of it's own Identity, the first season emulated the movie quite a bit. But from jumpstreet the show was fantastic. The show where they get locked in the basement on the way to a costume party is a classic.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Dave, YES!!!
When Felix goes up and down in the dumbwaiter and stops at like Philip's apt! Remember Philip..?!?!?

:)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
He was in a Devil Costume if I remember. I liked the First Season alot, I always preferred when they were not in front of an audience I think it added more to the feel of the show being adapted from a movie. Plus when I was a Kid I really wanted The Pidgeon Sisters ! I MEan Bad !

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator

I have never seen that scene in "Trapped", which has been cut on both TV Land/Syndicated prints for years. Can't wait to see it on the DVD!

Jack

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator
When ordering from the Time Life Website if you enter coupon code:
LKSH47 on the order page, it gives you 10% off the order price.

Not much, but every little bit helps. With free shipping, it reduces the total price from $38.97 to $35.07 delivered.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I think What's happening listed for $29.95
The Odd Couple might wind up cheaper down the road but I'm gonna get it ASAP!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Dang! I am trying to enter the coupon code and it goes to a new page that says "Server cannot be found!" ARGH!
edit: Got it. Had to use Internet explorer, the site didn't like Firefox.
Ordered, figers crossed that they look good and are uncut. Pigeon sisters on the way!
My dad knew Carole Shelley as well as Tony Randall!!!

:)

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

Glad you got the code to work. The code expires 7/31. It went through fine for me on the first try, but Explorer is my default browser. $35 no shipping, no tax is really not a bad deal for a Paul Brownstein produced set, considering that I paid $32.99 + shipping for each of my five Dick Van Dyke sets, and I got those USED!

Pavan_P

Second Unit
The set is going to be good. I just gave Paul Brownstein my copy of one of the Eagle snacks commercials Randall/Klugman did for a DVD extra. He is an excellent producer and he said my commercial will be either on the S3 or S4 set. So they seem to be dedicated!

We at SitcomsOnline.com will have a review of this S1 set in the coming weeks.

DanFe

Second Unit
I ordered this with the History of Rock set and got 15% off with free shipping. That History of Rock set is great, too.

Ollie

Stunt Coordinator

So does it appear that ALL five seasons are going to be done in partnership with Time-Life rather than the conventional retail route?

Pavan_P

Second Unit
Well, he is producing them all, but some could be out first from CBS DVD. Not sure if Time-Life will release all of them.

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

If you don't pay up right away, I'll get the cops on you, and you'll spend Christmas in the clink, with other bums like you...Signed, your ex-wife Blanche.

"You expect a tip from me for that?"
"What tip, she sent it collect!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks