What's new

The OC Season 2 Artwork (1 Viewer)

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I've never had a problem with the book style packaging, but I can certainly see where you could. One Tree Hill has that type of packaging and the hubs are almost too tight. You could drop the package on a concrete floor and you wouldn't get a disc to pop off. I think it is great packaging as long as strict tolerances are followed for the hubs - a millimeter in diameter one way or the other would make a huge difference. The best packaging though has got to be the individual slimline cases. The worst would be the fold-out type such as what is found on Buffy. The discs are very difficult to access, and I have had more problems with loose discs with that type of packaging than with any other type.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

I had 2 scratched discs, and it took forever to get new ones, which is why I haven't reviewed the set yet. I'll get around to it one of these days :D

Gord

O really ? :frowning:

I must say that's rather disappointing. I own the Alien Quadrilogy which is just a pain to open. I think 4 disc releases like that are about as much as i can handle.

About them being loose in the case? forgive me if i'm wrong, but aren't a lot of books made of teh same thing they glue to the foldout digipack? i know my voyager and some anime i have look pretty much identical

Josh_HI

Second Unit

You were able to get new ones? HOW?? Did you write to them or something? How long did it take to get the new discs?I've always wondered what I would do if I bought a set and the discs were all scratched and didn't work properly, what I would do.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Well....(and I shouldn't admit this)...you can often get a set replaced if you come up with a good sob story.

"Hey, I bought this DVD set for my girlfriend when it was released, and she just got to disc 5 and it wouldn't play in the DVD player. I looked at it and there are scratches all over the disc, and she's pretty upset. I looked for the receipt, but I can't find it, and she's been on my case for weeks because she wants to finish watching the set. Is there any way you could exchange this for me so I can get her off my back?"

:D

Gord

Josh_HI

Second Unit
wow they actually sent you a whole other set? :b Cool

Did your scratched disc actually not work? Or you just wanted another because it was scratched? Mine works but I wish it wasn't scratched.:frowning:

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I took it to a store to exchange it.

The discs were scratched so badly that I couldn't get my DVD player to read them.

Gord

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I dont think they were involved in any cast pictures therefore that's why they aren't on the box. Every picture I have seen with the cast involves the central cast and that's it.
Season 2 has been a dissapointment. I won't be picking it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks