What's new

The OC Season 2 Artwork (1 Viewer)

MattGSmith

Stunt Coordinator
Leave it to Warner to make fans happy! (And to always do a qaulity job all-round)

tvshowsondvd

They have posted artwork for Season 2, and it hasn't even finished airing! Love it. My sis will be happy about this. I like how they stuck with the same look as S1. Bravo Warner.
*Now we just need info on One Tree Hill!...

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
That's excellent. Thanks for the head's up! I have not missed an episode of "The O.C." yet, and was quick to get a hold of the first season set. Although (IMO) this season doesn't quite stack up to the first, I still have every intention of getting it. Once again, they did a fantastic job on the cover art. I won't get too excited though. It's still going to be a long wait before this hits stores (if the first season release was any indication).

andyEckles

Agent
I wonder if it's going to be the slim packaging that season 1 was repackaged into, or the original packaging from when it first came out. I have the original, thicker packaging and I hope that they release it that way so mine are consistent!

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

Well, DavisDVD is usually pretty good when it comes to legitimate information, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. That'd be great if it's released that soon! I'll be able to get my "O.C." fix over the summer while I wait for season 3 to air. lol. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for this release date.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Naww...that info is for the region 2 release (and even then it's not correct). It's not going to be out in July in North America.

Gord

how did i know this was going to be a bluish color on the cover art??? and how come no zach, carter, lyndsey, or alex on the cover?

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Thanks Gord, I wonder if the 8/23 release date means FOX is considering starting to air Season 3 before November?

I'm hoping it starts a little earlier this year, and shifts back to it's old time slot... fox is going to kill it keeping it up against survivor, plus the earlier start will allow people not to get hooked on something else first.

As for the release, unless i'm blind i don't see the 2nd tv special that came out before the 2nd season "Welcome to The O.C.: A Day in the Life" listed as an extra. I find that a little strange personally, and disappointing too because i happened to miss that one. I hope that turns out to be an oversight and it actually is included

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

I find that odd as well, considering both specials aired one week after the other. Perhaps they're saving "A Day In The Life" for season 3. Who knows? As for the release date, it would've been great to see this set in July, but realistically, August makes much more sense. On that note, I suppose I can wait another month. lol. Aside from the aforementioned special, it sounds like it'll be another great set. Looking forward to it.

andyEckles

Agent
Does anyone else hate that Warner reissued the 1st season set six months after it was released? I have the original packaging and now all subsequent releases will probably be in the new slimmer case. Not a big deal I guess, just curious if anyone else is kind of miffed.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I was also wondering what about that 2nd special. I really hope they release it in the big box like the first season when it first came out. That would look horrible if they made it like the new ones. I mean a few months later they can release it like that but I want it to be consistent.

Those are all recurring cast members and that means they won't be around forever so why put them on the box.That's why they aren't in the theme song either. If you really wanna get technical, they are on the box. As you can see in some of the backround pictures on the box, I see a few with Zach, Lindsay and Alex.:D I was surprised to see Tate Donovan on the cover. But I guess it's because he was apart of the cast for a while this season so if they can include Chris Carmack on the first season cover why not him. They prolly wanted to use that picture and he was in it so why bother trying to take him out.;)

Glad to see this will have a gag reel for both seasons. That was definitly missing from the first set.

I suppose so, i don't much like the idea though. For me I think i would rather have some recurring characters at least featured a little more on the cover... I went back and took a look and did see alex, half of zach's body and there may be a few more but it's hard to see on the picture. It may work for the simpsons to just recolor the cover but the characters, especially zach, are just such a big part of the season and it would be nice to see that symbolized in the cover art. I am though very excited about the fact that it's a widescreen release.

I didn't know that they had repackaged the original release. Anyone have a better description of the change or a comparison shot? Were they changed to packaging like that of family guy? I could have sworn that i read somewhere that Warner was having trouble getting a hold of the original cases and that's why Season 1 was hard to find in stores a few weeks after release. It sold out and Warner had no packages for more copies. I would imagine that would have prompted the change. I'll see if i can find the thread or article. If that was the case then Warner may be hesitant to use the same packaging for Season 2.

Note - I'm not really that picky it's just really boring at work :)

andyEckles

Agent
Jordan,
The repackaging eliminated the "book" type assembling of the plastic cases that the discs were housed in. Instead it went to the standard fanfold digipak (like Friends, Will & Grace, Dallas, etc).

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well that stinks. I have the "book" type release. If they eliminated that and switched to a fold-out digipack, I'm willing to bet that the digipack is what we'll see from day 1 in regards to season 2. Sure, the "book" format is a bit more bulky, but it's also a hell of a lot easier to access the discs. The "Three's Company" sets utilize this format. Frankly, I wish more studios would. I guess in the long run, I'm not buying it for the packaging. I'm buying what's 'in' the package. :)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

I don't know about you, but I've had a LOT of damaged discs using the book packaging. The hubs are too loose and they come off and get scratched up. I've begged Warner to ditch those for a long time.

Gord

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Actually now that I think about it. My season 1 set did have the seventh disc moving around inside. Leading to scratches :angry:. I also remember going through all 3 they had at target because another one had them rolling around inside and you could here it by moving the box :frowning: Mine although sounds perfect when shaking it, wasn't. I hate when you buy a set and then when you open it the discs are out of place and scratched! That better not happen with season 2. Although I'd still love the book format. I love how big it is. It feels special;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks